Page 1 of 9 1234 ... LastLast

Default Why do YOU play PSU?

Sorry if there has been a thread like this in the past; forum search didn't come up with anything so here I go. This thread will probably benefit most long-time PS fans, but the intent is to grab new insight and at the same time revive feelings of why we have stuck with PSU when there are many MMO alternatives. I say alternatives because for me nothing is like PSU or PS in general. My background started with the original titles on the Genesis. As a young kid taking trips through PSIII and PSIV were amazing. Shining Force was the only other series that rocked my youthful world. I grew up and I was in a relationship and we had had an XBOX. One day at BestBuy I saw PS-Online and came home begging for us to get setup with Xbox live and do the whole PSO thing. We played spilt screen for hours! Now a days we have grown apart and the Xbox has long passed. Again I was at BestBuy and saw PSU in 2006 or 2007, of course I had to pick it up! Although there have been times where I have canceled and a few times I have bitched and moaned over lack of updates, I am satisfied saying that PS is the only online game that has been worth my while. Playing on my laptop with other PSU guardians has really made my opinion of online community complete. I rarely join a party and leave frustrated. Instead I have found the PSU community to be helpful, caring, and overall pretty humane. How many times have I partied with PartnerCard friends and have them give me the dropped Diads or uber boards? I think of many people who have, but mainly the character 132. He has been my best friend online since last summers MAG runs. The thrill of finding a rare, joining with good people and adventuring through run after run in casualness has been just what I hopped for in PSU. Those that can take this game for what its worth (though we do deserver better updates since we are paying) are what make this game worth. In ending, I would like to thank ALL PSU players, past and present, for their efforts and kindness. May the Holy Light be with you all and 3* Luck!
    -Ladydatura
    -LadyDatura

Best & Only ForteTecher God_Shiden's Avatar

Why do i play? 2 reasons.
    1. Cuz i dont pay for my psu
    2. Its actually quite fun when u find cool people to play with.
    Shiden Lv.160 FT, Takou Lv.63 FF
    Blogsrus.org (new site) be first to help get it up and running

I enjoy playing it plain and simple. PSU and PSO are my most played games.

]The Ragol Trilogy: Ragol's Gift, Ragol's Curse, Ragol's Legacy GT Xbox One: Eries Fury

I play, because it's something to do, and friends of mine got me into it.

no particular reason just something to do while im not playing MH 'frontier/unite.

Oh and and i can't forget the little friends i have left, and probably the only people whom i can say i trust in a video game xD.
    Avionics
    An individual who deals with the complex systems of todays military/civilian aircraft. Their entire mission is to make bricks "fly", and fix leaking electrons from parts, and they do it damn well. Usually pissed off individuals who are the be all end all of the sortie cock, they take and stride. Because one day, their enlistment will come to an end

After some long hard thinking, I've colcuded that the main reason why I play PSU is that I havent played many other MMO's so I don't even know what I'm missing.

for me its that it really takes me back to when me and a mate played pso split screen everyday for an entire year.... good times. plus because im bored of wow and ffxi, psu is so much more relaxed and fun.... things a game should be lol

Psu for me is a interactive chatroom, if there was no voice chat I would have left a very long time ago.

Quote Originally Posted by sovalou View Post
    no particular reason just something to do while im not playing MH 'frontier/unite.

Oh and and i can't forget the little friends i have left, and probably the only people whom i can say i trust in a video game xD.
    We love you too Sov
    You talking about me and others?

1) There's nothing else similar that interests me.
    2) All my friends still play PSU, for the most part. I don't see a reason to stop just yet.

HUnewearl power since 2003. NGS Official Creator (SectionSkyly)