Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst 123456714 ... LastLast

Yeah I'd have to agree on the 200/50/30 thing. It would be great going getting levels up that high, I actually really, really enjoy grinding in rpgs.

If the UI is like the current PSP, I might actually import this instead of waiting for the US version.
    Nothing is sacred. Not that it ever was.

Quote Originally Posted by Mysterious-G View Post
    Phantasy Star Portable 2 continues Vivienne's story as she finds herself being trapped inside Rykros of a different timeline.
    At the side of a trustworthy Hunter, which is you, she is going to unveil the mystery that some of you might already know from the milestone setting game Phantasy Star Online!
    As darkness is rasing once more, will she find a way back home?!

*Explore Ragol once more in all-new graphics! (PSU's Illusion fields)

*Including all the content from the Phantasy Star Online and Phantasy Star Universe series!

In winter 2009 nostalgic feelings are guaranteed as you face the biggest Phantasy Star ever!!
    The darkness is waiting for you!

That would sound good, wouldn't it.
    I thought that post was a joke, but some some responses make me think it was not.

Yeah, I thought that was a joke too. I don't think anything's known about the game except that it's coming in January.

I doubt in any built-in online support, since PS3 AdHoc Party makes that pretty much a freebie.

I'm sure the caps will be raised so maxed-out existing characters can keep leveling.

For content, probably we'll see ports the PSU (boss fight) missions that aren't in PSP and hopefully a lot of new weapons and equipment... PS:P had a short (in comparison) mission list but a boatload of new gear compared to what was available in PSU so I'd assume the sequel would be the same way. Besides, having more powerful gear to collect is the same (if not bigger) reason for existing players to get the sequel as higher level caps... most of the fun is in completing collections and powering up your dude.
    with great hat comes great responsibility
    Jagdpanzer lv130 M CAST - PT20 | FG20 | FF20 | Mewn Fan

Quote Originally Posted by landman View Post
    I thought that post was a joke, but some some responses make me think it was not.
    I thought my last sentence would make everything clear.

Did it sound prefessional? :O

I had no doubts at the beginning, I suppose some people didn't read the last sentence.

I suppose this was inevitable in a way, the first Phantasy Star Portable game sold very well ( especially in Japan ) so it makes sense that that there would be a sequel.

I'm not quite sure how I feel about that. It's not that I hate PSU ( I do have alot of complaints about the franchise in general but the games are still very much playable.... to a certain extent anyway ) or PSP, it's just that I want to know how is PSP2 going to be different to PSP. Sure they can add new weapons and new clothing. They probably will add Rykros ( they should at the very least ) and a few new levels but at the end of the day I don't think PSP2 is going to do a better job of holding my attention than PSU or PSP did. By the time I got done with Phantasy Star Portable's story mode ( a necessary evil required to unlock more levels, clothing and items sold in stores ) I was already sick and tired of the game. By the time I hit level 70 I was pretty much forcing myself to enjoy the game.

In the magical land of beautiful women and candy bars

After a while PS:P1 did get a little boring. I had to force myself to find some other things
    to do to keep playing. And after several failed attempts to get certain weapons, I had to force myself to keep on going for them.

I'm just hoping that the sequel will be better than the first. I like the idea of raising the caps on lvl and types.

Although, as I said in an earlier post, I don't have very high expectations for this one.
    PSP2i:
    Akira l Human (F) HU3/RA22/BR50 Lv.200
    Saiyuki l CAST (F) HU50/RA22/BR5 Lv.200

Now this I really have to see how this turns out it might be little bit fun.

Yasminkov Fanboy Waki Miko Syamemaru!'s Avatar

PS:P2 will probably have an option to import characters over from the PS:P1 files. I mean, Sega can't hate us THAT much can they? Or if we do try to port our save files we get RickRoll'd.

Also, it better have challenging foes.
    I want to whine on how much things owns me. XD
    [PSO2] Darkante: Cast HU-44/RA-43/FI-42/GU-30
    Astral Storm: Newman F HU-35
    [PSP2:I]
    RB3 - Dark Knight "Ante" : Cast M Lv 200/ JLv Hu50/Ra50/F30/Va46
    RB3 - Crimson Sky: Beast F Lv 174/ JLv Hu34/Ra18/Fo1/Va50
    RB0 - Zone Dynamite: Beast M Lv 76/ JLv Hu0/Ra7/Fo0/Va0