View Poll Results: What is your opinion of the new S3 Missions?

Voters
105. You may not vote on this poll
  • Great Update

3 2.86%
  • It Gives Me Something to Do

28 26.67%
  • Average

18 17.14%
  • *Yawn* Wake me up in 3 Weeks

56 53.33%
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

All I can really do is 2 loops at a time, it's just too boring and nothing is dropping which doesn't make it any more fun... But I'm still gonna try and get 50% boost within these 3 weeks, hopefully.

Anyone know how many points it takes to get 50%?

Quote Originally Posted by bupjo View Post
    one thing and im getting off topic, but it blows me away how people find anything to complain about in terms of this game....now im seeing an 'NO END GAME' bitching trend. ive played this game since its release back in 2006, and maybe these are new players ('07, '08, '09 maybe, dunno) but NOW ive seen more than a few people complain about no end game. but there is an end game, turn off PSU and play something else, that should end it right there. back on topic, looking forward to some S3' on parum and neudaiz...someday
    People who want 'endgame' just want the game to be finalised like PSO was. (Add all the best items, crank up the level cap and so on, then let us just play until the server is taken down). I haven't seen any threads complaining there's no endgame, but lately it's been mainly complaints about this GBR having almost nothing of value.

I don't necessarily agree with giving us endgame, but I've always been dead against the drip-feeding content we've seen since PSOBB. When you only give people a small amount of new stuff, it gets spammed to death and everyone gets bored faster.

Also, people who say 'go play another game'; I'd like to see them show me a sci-fi setting game, with a battle system similar to PSO/PSU (not point and click like most MMORPGs), with most of the same features. There's a reason all of us still play PSU, and it's because we like the core game dynamic. Hell, the reason I play PSU (aside from friends) is just because it's different to other online RPGs like WoW/FFXI which bore the hell out of me. PSU's core is refreshingly different, but the game is constantly let down by an unethusiastic development team in Japan.

HUnewearl power since 2003. NGS Official Creator (SectionSkyly)

Yasminkov Fanboy Waki Miko Syamemaru!'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gen2000 View Post
    If they were released earlier then they would have been...ok at best. Right now they are pretty horrible but better late than never I guess. Drops overall are either pretty much garbage or obsolete now. Maybe 1 or 2 things to get excited about but not enough to really make me care to log on much nowadays.

*back to BlazBlue*
    LOL. Holy crap Gen. I'm thinking the same thing you are. I've done S3 twice and I'm like "Honestly? This is what everyone was freakin out about?" and after polishin off my second run I went back to BlazBlue. I still have about 23% more of Noel's storyline to finish up (I gotta get the true ending and the Losing scenes to Lichi and Toakaka). But yea, to me GBR seems kinda...bleh. I don't know why. I just don't find GBR to be exciting. At all. Especially since its on Moatoob. I freakin hate Maotoob.

My Current Favorite Poster: KubaraManiac JAFO22000's Avatar
    Texas Chainsaw Mascara, 'cause that's where you're from!

They are absolutely BOOOOOOORRRRINGGGG! I soloed DT and DG then turned PSU off. About halfway through DG I thought to myself "Why am I doing this!?!?!?".

GBR is a really good idea to get players to play missions which aren't popular, but it has to be worthwhile for SOMETHING! I don't need MP nor PA frags. I don't need ANYTHING that can drop (I play a MF), and I find these missions kind of a snorefest to run (I agree with the OP about a MF fighting Dimma. MAN, what a PITFA he is!).

Anyway, as for the S3 missions, big woopty-do. Same enemies. Same attack patterns. Same landscape. Same music...."Hey, let's give the enemies MORE HP, MORE DEF and MORE ATT, slap an S3 sticker on it and package it as New Content!! Then when that gets old, we just do the same and slap an S4 sticker on it....then S5 and S6...hell, we could go on forever like this!!"

Seems like more and more people lately are realizing what I've been trying to say all this time about PSU...

Oh well, if you guys still enjoy paying $10 a month for constant Sega bullshit, that's your call. =/

My FFXIV:ARR Lodestone Page
    3DS Friend Code: 0318-8097-4335
    Currently playing: Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn, Hearthstone

Angry Oldschool PSO vet. MadDogg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tetsaru View Post
    Seems like more and more people lately are realizing what I've been trying to say all this time about PSU...

Oh well, if you guys still enjoy paying $10 a month for constant Sega bullshit, that's your call. =/
    Man, do you have like any kind of social life? I noticed in a recent topic you said you quit playing this game like on the 5th of this month or somewhere around that time frame right? So why in the hell do you constantly hang around these boards posting the same damn nonsense in like every topic you post in? You don't have any friends to play another online game with or something?
    (X360)Alkaid, Tear, Pudd'n, Mad Dogg retired from 360 PSU for good
    PSP2: Alkaid, lvl 42 beast hunter. "Its my duty to please that booty".

Quote Originally Posted by MadDogg View Post
    Man, do you have like any kind of social life? I noticed in a recent topic you said you quit playing this game like on the 5th of this month or somewhere around that time frame right? So why in the hell do you constantly hang around these boards posting the same damn nonsense in like every topic you post in? You don't have any friends to play another online game with or something?
    For one, YES, I DO have friends to play FF11 with... a much more well-managed game than PSU is, I might add.

Two, I ALSO have friends from PSU on these boards. A lot of them feel the same way I do.

Three, I still frequent these boards to see how Sega is "progressing" and what the general consensus is on their "updates." Frankly, all I see is a downward spiral - look at the poll in this thread for your proof. People continue to play PSU, but always get pissed off about it?? It doesn't make sense to me. This game COULD succeed so much better if it were just handled better. =/

Four, why the hell is it your problem anyway? I have a right to post on these boards just as much as you do.
    Last edited by Tetsaru; Aug 10, 2009 at 09:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MadDogg View Post
    All you friggin' do is whine on a damn game forum, a game you quit some days ago. You must have one crappy ass social life if all you do is stick around on these forums to whine. Every damn post you made from what I read is whining about sega or the game.

You talk about how PSU players have nothing better to do then waste 10 dollars a month playing this game, at least the players are doing something. All you do is sit around these forums, bitching and moaning. All I'm saying is, do you have ANYTHING else to do except sit around these forums whining all day? Any PC games you like, PS2 games, anything that you can just chill and play for awhile, then come back to this game when there is a update you like, like every other PSU player does that gets burned out from this game's lack of updates.

I'm just saying, it gets annoying reading a topic on these boards about a particular subject, then you show up with the same god damn bitching posts you always make. Surely you have something else better to do with your time?
    Well, I've burned out on most of my consoles games atm, the games I DO want to get don't come out until either later this year or next year, AND I'll be going back to college in a week or so, so go figure. Living in low-population redneck town doesn't help matter much either. =/

*EDIT* - Well dayum, mods are running rampant again, and now I have a double post on this thread... I might as well leave for now; I'm obviously well-hated around here nowadays, and I see nothing but negativity around here too. -_-
    Last edited by Tetsaru; Aug 10, 2009 at 10:18 PM.

You'll never be satisfied.

GTFO and good riddance.

and I see nothing but negativity around here too. -_-
    Pot, meet Kettle.

Rehabbed SEGAholic

Quote Originally Posted by Artea View Post
    You'll never be satisfied.

GTFO and good riddance.

Pot, meet Kettle.
    Tetsaru is always well spoken and has more experience with PSU than the majority of posters. If you disagree with something that is posted then formulate an argument to support your side instead of trolling or making quips.