Insert Something Here zfighter14's Avatar

Default Challenge Mode Help

I'm thinking about starting CM to get an S-rank weapon and i was told that if you play challenge mode you can't save it at all, meaning you have to keep playing strait through till you beat falz. Hearing that i wasn't planning on CM cause that's a little too lnog to be playing strait and my brother doesn't have the attention span for that lol so Does the game save your progress or something, so like if you want to take a break for the day, you wont have to start all over?
    And can you return to Pioneer 2 at all during the challenge without penalizing your time so you can like empty your pack and sell stuff?

And since its only me and my brother playing it meaning its only a team of 2 what would be the [I]best[I] characters to use. i know thats a question of oppinion but what is most effective?

Oh and i know CM has to be beaten under 7 hours for S-ranks to be given to you.

Thanks for the help and any other tips or advice would be grateful.

You don't go back to Pionner 2 at all. Nothing you pick up will be saved once you are done. Your level during those times won't be saved either. Only your progress will be saved. So you don't have to do it all in one sitting.

A HUcast/HUcaseal and a Force team is recommended for starters.

Someone else could go in-depth about it. Good luck.

Challenge Mode is pretty difficult.

The best thing I recommend is 2 far away attackers, 1 up close attacker, and a spell casting attacker.

That's 4 in all.

Grind the best you have. If someone is about to die have them get away fast.

Look at the maps so you are familiar with the maps so you can do it fast and easy.

Have teams. 2 people (up close and far away) go one direction while the other team (up close and far away) goes the opposite direction.

At bosses avoid heavy attacks and have far away attackers do the most work until the boss stops attacking like The Dragon or De Roy.

Best way we did it is straight up 7 hours no stop, get food water, whatever you need. Make sure there is no distraction and make sure a bathroom is near by.

Good Luck, I did it in 6 and a half hours with my brother and 2 of my cousins.

Insert Something Here zfighter14's Avatar

Thanks Spalsh and brostory. thats what i might plan on doing it at brostory, just straight through. and thanks for the character use. see how it goes for me. i know its going to be hard but challenges are fun so i'll see how it goes. thanks

I don't think I'm good enough at this game to play challenge mode. We got to the part where Sinows started to come out of the ground, and we just couldn't do it.
    CHARACTERS, All on ult, GC offline, Last updated 1/31/10:
    Me: Yellowboze, HUcast, lvl. 156---Joe: Redria, RAmarl, 142
    GamE n WatcH: Greenill, FOnewm, 133---Pyrofreak: Oran, FOmar, 126
    Sil'fer: Skyly, HUnewearl, 108---Mr. Beeez: Viridia, HUmar, 105
    SGT. Cool: Bluefull, RAcast, 104---The internet: Purplenum, FOmarl, 63