Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: PS0 isn't so...

Quote Originally Posted by Sayl View Post
    They mean something to someone; the casual market, who as proven do not agree the DS is "garbage" the whole point of this thread derailment. As for the DS not being suited to your needs as a gamer, those are perfectly valid, reasonable assumptions which would require no argument.As far as how much a game or console sells could very well have nothing to do with the quality of the game or console and more about the effort companies take in marketing the product. This conversation becomes more gamasutra esc fanboy troll war by the second!
    Actually, the casual market is not a good software buyer, most wiis on the planet have reproduced only wii sports and wii fit, and this is bad for the third partys, Sega did bid for the DS to release PSŲ, but its sales weren't as good as expected, the same happened to Shining Force Feather, and the fact is Phantasy Star Portable 2 has been already announced but we don't know what will be the future of this new series (PSŲ)

I like the DS, I enjoyed all the Ouendan and Gyakuten series, you play them just with the touch screen, they are perfect for DS, but other games are not.

Quote Originally Posted by Syamemaru!
    Does anyone know the if the price for a DSLite is under 100 bucks?
    Amazon.com lists them @$129.99, sure you could get a used one for around that price though.

---
    Currently Playing: Phantasy Star IV

Yasminkov Fanboy Waki Miko Syamemaru!'s Avatar

Meh, i've decided if I'm gonna get a new DS, mind as well go for broke and get a DSi. After all, I am a tech junkie....

http://nsider.com/forums/index.php?s...&#entry8824695

Target is selling certain DS models for 99$ for the next 5 days, however it looks as if they are out of stock after the first day, for a DS @ 99$ I could see why, I still recommend calling your local target to see if they have the claim, or try and find it on print and demand that price and they will cave to your demand.

Direct link to weekly add:

http://weeklyad.target.com/target/de...on=entryflash&

BETTER HURRY!!
    Last edited by Sayl; Aug 11, 2009 at 08:49 PM.

Blue Burst/Zero FTW!

Nothing pains me more to see how successful PSP did compared to PS0. PSU and PSP left a rotten taste in my mouth that I'll never be able to wash out, it soiled the warm fuzzy feelings that PSO gave me with it's perfection. I would love nothing more than to see a sequel to PS0, I will never in my life wrap my mind around how such a great game sold so poorly.

I admit PSZ has alot of potential. It could be a sleeper hit like Phantom Dust was. But yea, I never thought that PSU:P sold more than PSZ. Maybe it was because of art design...maybe probably?

I bet it's because most Japanese PSP users are hardcore type of gamers, instead of 90% of DS users. Also most of them bought a PSP to play Monster Hunter games, and PSP is a similar game.

Comparing both games, PSP has a lot more content, but PSP is just a port of PSU, PSŲ is a new and original game.

But doesn't PSZ have like, PAs for guns or something? Thats what I heard. Because I swore I saw some vid on youtube where one person threw a grenade out and shot it, blowin it up and the enemy was dealt some serious damage. Thats freakin awesome if you ask me.

Yes, they have, and wands/rods have PA's too, they come with the weapon, and you don't lvl them, they are just a special attack in some weapons, still, PSP has more content in general, PSŲ improoved in some things but got worse in others.

As much as I 'loved' PSU, I think that PSZ seems much more addicting and fun. Maybe because we can finally have PA's on guns, etc and other stuff that PSO did not have, so the PSO + PSU mixing is the way to go. (Not counting PSU lol since its PSU + PSO to but its more PSU then it is PSO.)

But i'm greatly looking forward to a sequal to this of some kind or the next Phantasy Star game, that took elements from PSO/PSU/PSZ and people's ideas and make it into a number 1 ;p.

So if you're thinking of getting this game then go for it. You should not be dissapointed except on a few things here and there, but what it gives you its worth the experience.
    Infinite Love is the only Truth. Everything else is a Illusion.