Default The release of PSU, PSU:AOI and the availability

Something I think that may be rarely discussed but, if there was a topic about it, then I apologize.

I thought about asking this for more than 3 years or so... but I keep forgetting.

Now I live in North America, United States of America, state: Virginia.

Once the game was released for PSU, why did shops such as Wal-mart and Target did not have them at the time it was released? Same goes with PSU:AOI when it was released.

I did notice that Gamestop/EBgames and Bestbuy have them. Also did certain location where given few amount of the copy? I mean... I don't know how the system work, maybe you can tell me.

I think these are really dumb questions I'm asking but, if there is obvious answers already then I would like to know.

Please and thanks.

(Was shocked after the week the first PSU came out and my local Gamestop has no PC copy...)
    Last edited by YaLyn; Aug 9, 2009 at 01:44 PM.

Phantasy Dad Online II Dragwind's Avatar

I believe during the launch of AotI, my local Gamestop only had 2 copies. One of those copies was mine. During PSU's original launch though, I found tons of copies everywhere.

I wonder who bought the other AotI copy...if anyone did

There could be a few reasons why shelves weren't packed with the game. I'm going to go with because there was pretty much no advertising for it here coupled with low PSU sales compared to JP, they decided to make limited copies or expect demand to be low.
    PSO, PSU, PS:Po, PSZ | PSO2: Jergraw (All classes 90) Lunaeris Demoria (Fo/Te 90) Onlak (Hr 90)
    -**Tech crafting max- message me for crafts**-

Forum Rules - Read it!

I'm not sure if this is what you want because my head has been all spinny today and I had difficulty understanding your post but

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...he%20illuminus

that is where to buy AotI.

@ Dragwind: I guess that is understand-able why , series wasn't that popular. And I remember seeing only 2 copy of PSU:AOI in X-mas, Gamestop, and I got 1.

@ Allison_W: I mean the ability to buy in local stores (Physically) and not by buying them off the net. (Because I never could buy anything off the internet during those years.) I already own all the copys except PSU:AOI for the PS2 during those years.
    Last edited by YaLyn; Aug 9, 2009 at 11:01 PM.

Well I picked up Phantasy Star Universe for the PC originally when it first released... Well, like at the end of Nov. '06 cause my g/f Cece told me to wait... -.-;;; And then Gamestop ran out of the PC copy when I went to get it lol. I got it at the end of Nov. when they restocked. Well the Gamestop here in Hilo, Hawaii had quite a bit of copies since it's the only store on the...well this side of the island. I ended up picking up 2 PS2 copies for me and my g/f like a month later. I reserved AoTI when it first appeared on the list at Gamestop. Picked it up for PC and PS2. Not sure if there were a lot of copies or not. But I do know that a new copy of PC AoTI is still in the store since I work there now. We got a ton of phantasy star portable copies in the store. -.-;;; But the PS2 version of AoTI is nowhere to be found. We don't get any trade-in's for that one. Only the original for PS2. I actually picked up a used 360 copy of PSU but never bothered to play it online. I may check it out later. PS3outoftext

I have 3 Gamestops around my area within a 50 mile radius.
    I don't really live in a huge town, and I'm not sure why there's so many, but when the first PSU came out, there was only 4-6 copies. I got one, and two friends got one each.
    Don't know what happened to the the rest.
    When AOtI came out, we asked the Gamestop people if they'd be getting it. We had to pre-order it for the store to even ship it there. No lie
    Although almost 2 years after, I broke my PS2 copy(accident) and got a laptop, and went right into the Gamestop, and there were about 50 copes brand new of AOtI just chillin in the back.
    I don't know why, but whatever, I got it. I called the other day, just out of curiosity, and they still had multiple PC copies, and 2 for Xbox(original PSU of course) and 1 for PS2. (ps2 and xbox ones were used)

Yasminkov Fanboy Waki Miko Syamemaru!'s Avatar

Maybe once Episode 3 is finished they'll release more. Sorta like what AotI did when it got finished up. Sega will come out with Phantasy Star Episode 3: Ambition's End or something like that and it will be released to the general public...of Japan...then us.