Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

And any way you look at it, neither PS0 nor PSP2 (and any other PSU derivative) is Phantasy Star Online.

A Worshipped Godly FOmar Quintus_The_Force's Avatar
    With Red Ring Rico In Episode 1 Ultimate Mode End Credits Hittin The Bong In My Icon and Makin Love

I bet even Phantasy Star Online 2 Episode 1 & 2 if it existed would be different somehow

Well Phantasy Star Portable 2 sure looks better than PSU. (In my opinion anyway.)

:P

---
    Currently Playing: Phantasy Star IV

Comparing a game with something that is not even released yet is a very bad idea.
    Remember what we thought of PSU when we saw pictures of it for the first time before it was released?

Yeah, right.

Considering that the feel and nature between PSZ and PSP2 will likely be quite different, I'd like to think of them as 2 different Phantasy Star games, entirely. (Though I'm speculating based on PSP's system)

Yes, PSP2 will be technically superior, but that goes with the more powerful hardware and larger memory sizes. Heck, PSP was like that compared to PSZ. Still, they did a pretty nice job on PSZ even though they can't cram so much in that cart size. If it wasn't for the system and environment being different, with different cool things to look out for, then PSZ would've been superceded by PSP even though PSP came out first.

So too much is different between the two titles to not have PSZ be quite fun in its own way. The weapon system/combat/things to find and build are not similar enough. Even though the character-based PP/TP system hints at being closer to PSZ/PSO style. I would imagine the way to build your character/weapons and such to be different than PSZ.

So I would say how much PSP2 drastically changes things from PSP1, and whether all of these changes drift the system much closer to PSZ's; will have a lot to do with how much this game could compete directly with PSZ.
    Last edited by Akaimizu; Aug 28, 2009 at 12:55 PM.

They are proceding by steps.

PSU <-- Ambition of the Illuminus <-- PSP <-- New Japanese Expansion <-- PSZero <-- PSP2

The improvements were continuous. Thanks to us too...

Besides I'm happy that they announced PSP2. But now It's the moment of PSZero.

The two games should be treated as two completely unrelated entities and appreciated based on their own merits. When I'm traveling, I like playing Phantasy Star Zero more than Phantasy Star Portable. I get enough of the PSU experience on my PC.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    And any way you look at it, neither PS0 nor PSP2 (and any other PSU derivative) is Phantasy Star Online.
    Yes! And PSO is not PSI, PSII, PSIII and PSIV.
    Times changes... and games too. Stop complain.

Blue Burst/Zero FTW!

Quote Originally Posted by Mysterious-G View Post
    Comparing a game with something that is not even released yet is a very bad idea.
    Remember what we thought of PSU when we saw pictures of it for the first time before it was released?

Yeah, right.
    Oh god, dont remind me. My hopes and dreams crushed, right before my eyes. Never have I experienced a more painful moment in my life than when I first played PSU and realized how truly shitty and watered down it was in comparison to PSO.

Thumbs up

For me, PSŲ is more of a 'bon-bon' type of game: small, sweet, and satisfying in small doses. I can turn it on, run a quest while enjoying the design and play, then turn it off.

PSP2 seems like it will solve the 'bread and water' aspects of PSU while expanding the 'flavor' of style and gameplay (perhaps thanks in part to
    PSŲ).

True, it may be a bit early to tell, but I think both games have their merits and people will by and large recognize them.