Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

http://psupedia.info/The_Upgrade_Device

This article really eased my concerns with the whole GC system.

-In order to repair a broken weapon, it must be at its maximum possible grind level (2/2 or 5/5, for example).

Lets say your SN/G is 4/4... to get its Grinds back to your paying 1400 GC. BUT you can only fix a grind if the weapon is Max(I.E. you fix 4/4 to 4/5 then grind it to 5.) You STILL haveto grind it to the next stage before upgrading. The other option for grind is;

-Paying GC to upgrade a weapon(Limit is 8/X)

Lets use the same SN/G from before. To Guarantee the weapon doesnt break you use the Grinding the weapon. to get it 8/X you pay 610 GC. So You've payed to get that 4/4 SN/G to 8/8 SN/G; 1110 GC. Since you cant go higher then 8 when upgrading a grind. you can the next 300 GC to make it 8/9 and try your luck going 8/9 to 9/9. If it breaks? your weapon is now 0/8 and you can either throw a lil hissy fit or pay 710 GC to get it from 0/8 to 8/8. Then try your luck again.

Notice how you can really get screwed big time here? Lets say 5 dollars pays for 500 GC the SN/G to get 8/8 in the method explained about would be 15 dollars(1110 is over 1000 making you purchase another 500 GC) And if it breaks going 8->9 your money is wasted.

All of that is for ONE weapon. Imagine how much it would cost to get a full 8/8 pallete?

Also for increasing the % on your weapon... If you have a 20% Repca and want a 40%...

Weapon % upgrading is as follows:

from 0%-10% to increase your weapons % by 1% is 5GC
    from 10%-20% to increase your weapons % by 1% is 10GC
    from 20%-30% to increase your weapons % by 1% is 20GC
    from 30%-40% to increase your weapons % by 1% is 40GC

so to get your 20% Repca to 40% will be 800GC. so at $5 per 500GC your weapon will cost $10 to make from 20% to 40%.

Again for ONE weapon. In the end you could in essense be spending ridiculous amounts of hard earned money to increase 1 weapon or more. It'll always vary from person to person, so really what economy would be hurt?

Probably the price for 30%s would go down because of its cheaper to increase a 30% to 40 rather then a 20%. In retrospect most weapon drops at 20% in or around anyway. Guns/Techs 8/8 would go down in price but ultimately 9/9 10/10 shouldnt change because its still the same luck to go 8-9 then 9-10 in reality.

Akihito 160FM/PT ~~~~~~~~~~Hanami FT~~~~~~~~~~~~~~[Retired]

Quote Originally Posted by Akihito View Post
    http://psupedia.info/The_Upgrade_Device

This article really eased my concerns with the whole GC system.

-In order to repair a broken weapon, it must be at its maximum possible grind level (2/2 or 5/5, for example).

Lets say your SN/G is 4/4... to get its Grinds back to your paying 1400 GC. BUT you can only fix a grind if the weapon is Max(I.E. you fix 4/4 to 4/5 then grind it to 5.) You STILL haveto grind it to the next stage before upgrading. The other option for grind is;

-Paying GC to upgrade a weapon(Limit is 8/X)

Lets use the same SN/G from before. To Guarantee the weapon doesnt break you use the Grinding the weapon. to get it 8/X you pay 610 GC. So You've payed to get that 4/4 SN/G to 8/8 SN/G; 1110 GC. Since you cant go higher then 8 when upgrading a grind. you can the next 300 GC to make it 8/9 and try your luck going 8/9 to 9/9. If it breaks? your weapon is now 0/8 and you can either throw a lil hissy fit or pay 710 GC to get it from 0/8 to 8/8. Then try your luck again.

Notice how you can really get screwed big time here? Lets say 5 dollars pays for 500 GC the SN/G to get 8/8 in the method explained about would be 15 dollars(1110 is over 1000 making you purchase another 500 GC) And if it breaks going 8->9 your money is wasted.

All of that is for ONE weapon. Imagine how much it would cost to get a full 8/8 pallete?

Also for increasing the % on your weapon... If you have a 20% Repca and want a 40%...

Weapon % upgrading is as follows:

from 0%-10% to increase your weapons % by 1% is 5GC
    from 10%-20% to increase your weapons % by 1% is 10GC
    from 20%-30% to increase your weapons % by 1% is 20GC
    from 30%-40% to increase your weapons % by 1% is 40GC

so to get your 20% Repca to 40% will be 800GC. so at $5 per 500GC your weapon will cost $10 to make from 20% to 40%.

Again for ONE weapon. In the end you could in essense be spending ridiculous amounts of hard earned money to increase 1 weapon or more. It'll always vary from person to person, so really what economy would be hurt?

Probably the price for 30%s would go down because of its cheaper to increase a 30% to 40 rather then a 20%. In retrospect most weapon drops at 20% in or around anyway. Guns/Techs 8/8 would go down in price but ultimately 9/9 10/10 shouldnt change because its still the same luck to go 8-9 then 9-10 in reality.

and this all makes me doubt that alot of people, if any, will even sell their reworked weapons/armor after putting so much real money into them. although i have heard there are people dumb enough to pay real money for meseta so you never know....
    My life is much more groovy than love.
    My PC/PS2 characters R.I.P 8/27/07 - 3/31/10
    Runa Newman F : lvl 170 | Fortetecher: 20//Masterforce: 20
    Cocoruru CAST F : lvl 170 | Acrofighter: 20//Fighgunner: 20
    Asuka Beast F : lvl 170 | Fighmaster: 20
    Ruru CAST F: lvl 110 | Gunmaster: 20

So around $25 to get one weapon from 20% to a 40% 8/X...

Then potentially another $20 to get it to 10/10 if it breaks once.

That's $45 in total or probably around £30.

Guess I'm not doing this then if it works out to be this ridiculous.

The difference I've noticed with my Gunmaster's 5/9 Love Inferno and 10/10 Love Inferno is so very minimal... so I'm probably not going to even bother mashing my bank balance since I don't do Time Attacks and I can spend my money in better places such as buying magic BEANS!

So, okay - this GC thing potentially could go totally out of control... now I'm a little more concerned about it...

The good thing is my 9/9's will sell for a decent amount to those people wanting to spend some cash on useless GC.
    I will not be spending my cash on meseta, even if it is through SEGA. (pretty much RMT, but through SEGA, cause I'd end up selling my gear eventually.)
    Also, I read on the other forum that they should be bound to the account if it's touched by GC, I totally agree.

Quote Originally Posted by Volcompat321 View Post
    The good thing is my 9/9's will sell for a decent amount to those people wanting to spend some cash on useless GC.
    I will not be spending my cash on meseta, even if it is through SEGA. (pretty much RMT, but through SEGA, cause I'd end up selling my gear eventually.)
    Also, I read on the other forum that they should be bound to the account if it's touched by GC, I totally agree.
    even if its not bound to the account i think it would be beyond stupid to sell something, in game, that you had to spend real money on @.@; its just crazy lol. and i know there's some idiot out there that would do it too.

Yea, which is why I brought it up.
    People will spend anything to get something.
    I'm sure someone that cant afford(meseta) to buy a pwand, would spend the GC to get a 10/10 whatever and sell that for meseta to buy the pwand.
    (just examples of course)

Marked, hmm...sure i guess.

But i do know that i won“t pay an unnesessary amount of cash for little insignificant things.
    [PSO2] Darkante: Cast HU-44/RA-43/FI-42/GU-30
    Astral Storm: Newman F HU-35
    [PSP2:I]
    RB3 - Dark Knight "Ante" : Cast M Lv 200/ JLv Hu50/Ra50/F30/Va46
    RB3 - Crimson Sky: Beast F Lv 174/ JLv Hu34/Ra18/Fo1/Va50
    RB0 - Zone Dynamite: Beast M Lv 76/ JLv Hu0/Ra7/Fo0/Va0

Yea, which is why I brought it up.
    People will spend anything to get something.
    I'm sure someone that cant afford(meseta) to buy a pwand, would spend the GC to get a 10/10 whatever and sell that for meseta to buy the pwand.
    (just examples of course)

hmm i guess that's a possibility when you put it that way. if they dont break the bank doing it in the process though.

i really have no problem with people selling their "GC-upgrade" items. if they wanna do it by all means let them. it'll be cheaper for everyone else lol. i just think it would be really stupid for anyone to actually buy the opportunity to make their own weapons "great" and then turn around and sell them for in game money XD

Quote Originally Posted by Ruru View Post
    hmm i guess that's a possibility when you put it that way. if they dont break the bank doing it in the process though.

i really have no problem with people selling their "GC-upgrade" items. if they wanna do it by all means let them. it'll be cheaper for everyone else lol. i just think it would be really stupid for anyone to actually buy the opportunity to make their own weapons "great" and then turn around and sell them for in game money XD
    Yea, it would be completely ridiculous.
    But think of it like this-
    Some dood says "man I have the cash for an awesome weapon, but I don't have the meseta to buy this specific weapon I want".
    Other dood says "I have the meseta, but I don't have the cash to fix my super duper awesome weapon".
    Some dood says "How about I pay for your weapon with my GC, and you give me the other meseta/weapon?"
    Other dood says "Well, sure, works for me".
    RMT, in the making.

They should, but they aren't.

Some dood says "How about I pay for your weapon with my GC, and you give me the other meseta/weapon?"
    Other dood says "Well, sure, works for me".
    RMT, in the making.
    S'already happened... :P
    I don't need a signature pic, I would end up changing it all the time.