View Poll Results: What do you think of the new missions?

Voters
30. You may not vote on this poll
  • Citadel of Sand will be the new White Beast.

1 3.33%
  • BOOM! I like Security Breach better.

3 10.00%
  • Both missions are nice.

12 40.00%
  • This is just an average update.

7 23.33%
  • Mission? My new mission in life is to dissuade people from playing PSU.

7 23.33%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default New Mission Feedback Thread

If you've played through the new missions and would like to offer some commentary on them, post in this thread. I'll start off.

Security Breach:
    Having to worry about something else besides "killing all the enemies" is a nice change of pace. The mission makes decent use of traps and Goggles. One thing I noticed is that the trap and switch placements seem to differ between ranks. I'll have to do more runs to see if that holds true within the same rank. I fear the insta-kill traps near the end will prove to be the undoing of many random parties.

Citadel of Sand:
    It is Relics with a new paint scheme and Moatoob enemies. The blocks appear to be fairly straight-forward. The only annoying part is if you have to deal with a Vanda Orga wave that likes to spam Foie.

Lol @ option 5
    I've only played citadel so far, its was pretty entertaining. End boxes were bleh though. Looking forward to the party mission when I get home though!

Signature by Gama

I haven't played yet, but like I've been saying, I plan on coming back to PSU soon as I get my debit card jazz straitened out.

Citadel is decent, with some challenging spawns if you solo (I hate you so much, buffed Vanda Orga). The area looks pretty cool, and the Damfoie traps never cease to amuse me (They have faces ). However, there isn't much variety (almost the entire mission was Nava Luddas and Vandas), and the last block was pathetically easy. Overall, it's slightly better than I thought it would be, but it won't stay popular for long.

I haven't ran Security Breach yet, so I'll edit this later when I have.

@Ryna: Insta-kill traps?

HUnewearl power since 2003. NGS Official Creator (SectionSkyly)

I like the environment of Citadel of Sand, but the mission doesn't appeal to me. However, I really like Security Breach. I just hope it doesn't drive the prices on Illuminus Tags down too much.
    Starter of the "Welcome to PSO-World" and "Happy birthday!" trend since July 10, 2008.

Come play PSO with me on Ephinea server!
    https://ephinea.pioneer2.net/

Quote Originally Posted by Neith View Post
    @Ryna: Insta-kill traps?
    Remember the trap from Her Secret Mission that dealt a large amount of damage? Those traps make a return in Security Breach. I don't know if they are an insta-kill for everyone, but they are for a level 160 MF.

Anything is insta-kill for a Masterforce.

I like both.

Citadel: water melon relics, hehe. Zamvapas is a challenging enemy. Orgas are HAX. Nice room deocs!

Breach: a little tedious. hard to know how you triggered the alarm exactly. one goggle-found switch was missing the last run in the train. We never got S rank, what are the conditions?

I enjoyed playing through both missions. The new co-op mission is tough and fun.
    --------------------------------------------------
    Planning to replay PSP2 and prove to myself that the chaining mechanic do not slow down the pace of the combat. =/
    Planning to replay PSU (ep1 and 2) for story and gameplay, PSZ and PSP2 offline mode Only Also I'm keeping my FC for psz up though the Network Mode is closed.

I picked the Tetsaru option.
    (Dead server) :: Angra Mainyu : Ahura Mazda : Arbalest : Fischerspooner :: PSUpedia & Forums