Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Phantasy star portale

Since I plan on buying a playstation portable on the month of my birthday and I was wondering if getting phantasy star portable is worth buying. What im asking everybody is the gameplay good? Are there alot of people that play online? And is it different from psu?

The first PSP does not have online support, so no, no one plays it online. It is very similar to PSU in gameplay, but easier, the second PSP will have some greater changes in gameplay and online play, but it was just announced for the Japanese market.

I see well I guess ill wait untill we get more info on psp 2.

i picked up PS and i have to say i like it just to play the game, im a big fan of the Phantasy star series so its nice to have something a little different. I think its going to be a while for PS 2

Technically you can play it 'online' if you have a PS3 and the AdHoc Program Or if you download a program for your PC that does pretty much the same thing.

Basically both programs act as a very very long link cable between your psp and someone elses in say america or France and allow you to play across the net.

I Haven't had chance to try out the program myself yet but a few people on here have so perhaps they can offer better insight than I.

As for the Gameplay, I like it, it's fun =>

Quote Originally Posted by landman View Post
    The first PSP does not have online support, so no, no one plays it online. It is very similar to PSU in gameplay, but easier, the second PSP will have some greater changes in gameplay and online play, but it was just announced for the Japanese market.

So it's NOT online. Thanks for saying that cuz I was totally gonna get it thinking I'm gonna go right online the first day.

But I'm still gonna get it though.

i say its okay but if you use x-link kai it works better because you can play world wide

Quote Originally Posted by kenshinhimuraki View Post
    i say its okay but if you use x-link kai it works better because you can play world wide
    Slightly off-topic, but when you play PSP 1 Ad-Hoc do you need more than one copy of the UMD?
    Lazygun (RAmar) DC, GC, & BB
    LaZYgN (RAmar) DS Zero
    F/C: 1333 2259 2039
    LazyGun PSP2

Quote Originally Posted by GUN View Post
    Slightly off-topic, but when you play PSP 1 Ad-Hoc do you need more than one copy of the UMD?
    If the other person has a copy of the the demo, you can play the demo missions but if you want to play all of the missions with another person, you will need two copies of the game.

Thanks Mike, I think I might well have to wait for PSP 2 then - however long that is going to be for the English language version ........... too long
    Lazygun (RAmar) DC, GC, & BB
    LaZYgN (RAmar) DS Zero
    F/C: 1333 2259 2039
    LazyGun PSP2