Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

I have been kinda hoping that they'd bring back some of the Techniques from the Classic Phantasy Stars.

And i'm a little disapointed to find that they just reused the TecHs from PSO, Perhaps In PSZ2?

Well, I can actually see the reason for reusing the PSO techs. Lack of buttons for the level of configurability they'd like. So keeping the necessary techs, and compressing how they are used (Same button, held for different length) really helps out since you can only set up 6 things for quick access. That includes, regular attacks, dodge-roll, and perhaps an item or two.

It's easier to add more techs to stuff like the PC, or current gen consoles like the 360 and PS3. With more buttons than the dreamcast, you can afford to quickslot more stuff, or grant players more quick access to other techs.

Quote Originally Posted by Akaimizu View Post
    Well, I can actually see the reason for reusing the PSO techs. Lack of buttons for the level of configurability they'd like. So keeping the necessary techs, and compressing how they are used (Same button, held for different length) really helps out since you can only set up 6 things for quick access. That includes, regular attacks, dodge-roll, and perhaps an item or two.

It's easier to add more techs to stuff like the PC, or current gen consoles like the 360 and PS3. With more buttons than the dreamcast, you can afford to quickslot more stuff, or grant players more quick access to other techs.
    i totally agree they where limited and i think its a good way to use the few bottons they had seems like a neat game mechanic