Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default PSP2 and Firmware

This has been bothering me for a while since I've heard that Dark Alex has kinda "retired." But for those who don't know, People with CFW are gonna have a harder time since no new CFW has been released. Games like Soul Calibur: Broken Destiny need CFW 5.50 or higher. That makes me wonder what games likeGod Eater and PSP:2 are going to use.

I would switch over to OFW and import but if I want to switch back to CFW, It would be impossible

Quote Originally Posted by Chimeria View Post
    This has been bothering me for a while since I've heard that Dark Alex has kinda "retired." But for those who don't know, People with CFW are gonna have a harder time since no new CFW has been released. Games like Soul Calibur: Broken Destiny need CFW 5.50 or higher. That makes me wonder what games likeGod Eater and PSP:2 are going to use.

I would switch over to OFW and import but if I want to switch back to CFW, It would be impossible
    The switch back to CFW should not be impossible. If you have used the Pandora Hack your PSP should be able to accept an older firmware

Oh and do not worry so much about the CFW issue. DAX just left the community (even if we hear he didn't) and so others still have to take his place. This could take quite a bit of time. Until the release of PSPo2 we should be able to play FW 5.55 games.

Custom firmware lower than what a game needs, can be used.
    For example, I use 5.00M33-3 (are we allowed to say which we use? ), and Final Fantasy: Dissidia calls for 5.50 OFW.
    So, I can use my lower firmware with newer games, so you should be able to also.
    Also, a friend of mine switched to a firmware that is 5.50GEN-B, and it works fine with Dissidia.
    I think Dissidia is the newest game, that calls for the highest firmware, so everything should be okay.
    In the past, with older CFW (I used 3.50M33) I used games that called for up to 5.00 before getting 5.00M33-*.
    Pretty much if you have CFW, you're set. You shouldn't worry about it, plus, even with Dark Alex did retire, do you think he's the only one that knows how to make CFW?
    (He's not...obviously).

I think the OP refer to PSP-3000 ?

from what I heard, PSP-3000 series can't play game like Tales of VS yet right?

it require CFW 5.55 which isn't released for the version that capable with PSP-3000. (although PSP-2000 may have it, but I don't use that anyway)

Plus, from what I've heard, PSP-3000 can't downgrade firmware too, so it will stuck at newest OFW after update.
    Last edited by Arika; Sep 6, 2009 at 03:33 AM.

"ARIKAー戦隊, 参上!!" (click it!)
    Arika     @US server | Arika-chan @JP server

There is custom firmware for the 3000 models, but it's only temporary.
    Not sure how it can only be temp, but I have myself a 2001(and 1000) lol
    If the game works on a PSP-2000, it should work on PSP 3000.
    Since the 3000's cant have CFW (all the time), you should just update anyway.
    Best bet is to buy a used (or new if you can) 2000 (make sure it's a 2000(or2001) silver, white, or red PSP.
    The blue ones can be hacked, but it's a hassle.
    Also, if you buy a 2000 (new) it will most likely come with the newest firmware, and the only bad thing about that is you have to wait a month til CFW comes out for it to be hacked.
    That's the worst case scenario.
    Like I said, I have a friend with 5.50GENB, so PSP 5.50OFW can be hacked.
    The 3000 will be able to be hacked eventually, specially since if the thing stopping it is the license that ISO's need to be played (there's a program that can link a license(fake obviously, so it's illegal) to the ISO and it's like you bought it).
    Enough about that though, I don't want to get a warning, infraction, or banned.

Quote Originally Posted by Volcompat321 View Post
    For example, I use 5.00M33-3 (are we allowed to say which we use? ), and Final Fantasy: Dissidia calls for 5.50 OFW.
    So, I can use my lower firmware with newer games, so you should be able to also.
    Well actually there are 2 different things to this story. One part is that the game tells the PSP a newer firmware is required to use but does not actually use the new code (DISSIDIA is the best example for now). Another part is if the games actually use the newly implemented/changed code in newer versions of the firmware (Soul Calibur fails to load on 5.00 M33 because of that).

PSP-3000 is very popular atm, so yes, I think it will be able to do whatever PSP-2000 can do eventually lol. I will just wait. (but now, it can't play any game with FW 5.55)

"ARIKAー戦隊, 参上!!" (click it!)
    Arika     @US server | Arika-chan @JP server

Quote Originally Posted by .newzero View Post
    Well actually there are 2 different things to this story. One part is that the game tells the PSP a newer firmware is required to use but does not actually use the new code (DISSIDIA is the best example for now). Another part is if the games actually use the newly implemented/changed code in newer versions of the firmware (Soul Calibur fails to load on 5.00 M33 because of that).
    You could always switch to GENB which my friend has, and it's safe, and also has some features M33 didn't have, like for example, an option to hide your Mac address (not sure why people cover this, but they do).
    Also, I'll be switching to GENB, so I'll let everyone know how it goes.
    It's an easy upgrade, and takes literally 2 minutes to complete.
    Not sure if I can post on here or not, but if you want instructions on how to upgrade from M33 to GEB A, then B, PM me and I will explain.
    NOTE:You have to have CFW already to do this.
    ALSO, I do NOT suggest, or prefer downloading games to play on CFW.
    I use CFW for other things a non hacked PSP cant do, so please don't ask me how to download games, or where to get them.
    Last edited by Volcompat321; Sep 6, 2009 at 04:40 AM.

Actually, only PSP-1000 and PSP-2000 offer full compatibility with the PSP scene, I think you can only load a temporary CFW for the PSP-3000, and it unloads after you switch off the console, and I'm not sure of what can this cfw do.

Quote Originally Posted by landman View Post
    Actually, only PSP-1000 and PSP-2000 offer full compatibility with the PSP scene, I think you can only load a temporary CFW for the PSP-3000, and it unloads after you switch off the console, and I'm not sure of what can this cfw do.
    Quote Originally Posted by Volcompat321 View Post
    There is custom firmware for the 3000 models, but it's only temporary.