Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    PSO2 & PSPortable2 Addict Amherst_Wind's Avatar

You know what they could do if they wanted less types, remove Hunter, Ranger and Force. Sure it gets rid of the point of levelling types to unlock others, but after they have been levelled those types lose all purpose. They could still feature levelling the advanced types but just let you choose immediately whatever type you want to be. I know they'll never do this because of everyone's nostalgia for HU, RA and FO but I think its time to take the training wheels off.
    - - - - - - - PS Zero: Anna - - - - - -|- - - - - PS Portable: Amherst - - - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    Shogai PSO has posted some new information that looks like most of it comes from the Dengeki Playstation interview and yesterday's official blog post. Italics are my comments.

Install
    • Frequently used data can be installed to the memory stick though the size of the install is unknown

I'm glad that there will be an option to partially install game data to the memory stick, kind of reminds me of Monster Hunter Freedom Unite. The original Phantasy Star Portable was very good in that there weren't any excessive game loading screens, in fact for the most part gameplay was pretty seemless. Installing game data will not only make gameplay more efficient but it should also help my PSP burn less power which means I can play PSP2 for longer spells than PSP1.

Story Mode
    • Story mode will be seperated in to episodes. How many episodes is currently unknown. There will be some "Side Stories" available as diversions
    Episodes? I don't really get this. I like the sound of the "Side Stories", it sounds like ( and I hope ) they will be similar to PSO's side quests.

Internet Multimode
    • Internet mode will be free (duh)
    • The flow of things before everyone enters the city is like this: Players choose from a list of "rooms" and create a game from that room. You can write comments in said room but players won't be able to join your party when you are doing a mission.
    Job Types
    • There are less types than in PSP1 (gah!) though why is still a mystery. Perhaps the Guardians Advanced Style system will be implemented?
    Fuck! Why! I guess we are going to have to wait untill we get more info before we can see if there is a method to Sega's madness.

Battle
    • Elements are applied to weapons only (WBMike talked about most of this in an earlier post) and the %s will effect the attack power of the weapon.
    • No more elemental bullets, but a bullet that increases the elemental % has been added (along with the other bullets also mentioned in WBMike's post)
    • There is a period of invicibility associated with the dodge roll that is longer than the PS0 period.
    • There is also a period of time after the dodge roll where you can not move. This is also longer than its PS0 equivalent.
    • Just Guard only applies to shields. Two handed weapons can block but this will only result in a damage reduction.
    • You can cancel an attack by guarding though there are various timings involved in cancelling a photon art.
    • Depending on what kind of ranged weapon you have, the charge attack will increase things like range or attack power.
    • A chain system has been added. Normal attacks add to the combo and the higher the combo the more damage photon arts do. This is different than PS0's combo system where you needed another character to preform a combo.
    • The damage done by ranged weapons will change depending on accuracy.
    Some interesting things here. I will miss not having elemental bullets, I love adding the Freeze element to all my guns. I like the sound of the 'Chain System'.

System?
    • The edges of the screen turn red when the player is almost dead.
    Enemies
    Items
    • The item gallery/encyclopedia will be shared between all characters (ala PS0). There weapon collections, a defeated enemy collection, and a new clothes & parts collection. (A reason to pick up clothes drops as my cast now!)
    Production
    • PSP2 was in production in parallel with PS0 since the sale of PSP1
    • After PS0 was completed, the staff joined the PSP2 team.
    • The game is now in the debug and final adjustment period

I wish the stores where I lived stocked Famitsu and Dengeki on a timely basis.

Edit: memory disk changed to memory stick

Wow, I did not realise PSP2 had been in development for so long. Hopefully that means that it won't tak eSega all that long to crank out an English language version. I wonder why the PS0 team joined the PSP2 team, I guess that explains where the evasive roll and just guard came from. It also explains why this installment of PSP2 feels more and more like a PSO game.

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck_Norris View Post
    Play Monster Hunter until then. This looks to be shaping up to be a lot like it in some of the gameplay mechanics.
    I'd probably be so sick of that kind of game play by the time PSP2 came out I wouldn't want to play it. So I will play PSO v2 instead. I just got bought some cables that should aleave my tiny screen problem.

Quote Originally Posted by SubstanceD View Post
    [/LIST]
    I wonder why the PS0 team joined the PSP2 team, I guess that explains where the evasive roll and just guard came from. It also explains why this installment of PSP2 feels more and more like a PSO game.
    It is common for developers to put their devs wherever they want and putting the workless PSZ team to PSPo2 was indeed a good decision.

I wonder if they are going to release the game on the PSN Store.

Quote Originally Posted by .newzero View Post
    I wonder if they are going to release the game on the PSN Store.
    I was thinking this a little while ago and how great it would be. It would really help importing by cutting costs and waiting time. All you'd need is a little knowledge of making a JP PSN account and getting prepaid Japanese PSN cards (two things I have ready right now!). I think theres a high chance it might happen seeing as Sony have to start pushing digital releases sometime, due to the PSPGo and what better game than a potential mega hit like PSP2.
    - - - - - - - PS Zero: Anna - - - - - -|- - - - - PS Portable: Amherst - - - - -

Battle
    • Elements are applied to weapons only (WBMike talked about most of this in an earlier post) and the %s will effect the attack power of the weapon.
    • No more elemental bullets, but a bullet that increases the elemental % has been added (along with the other bullets also mentioned in WBMike's post)
    • The damage done by ranged weapons will change depending on accuracy.
    Given the changes to guns, what about technique weapons and attacks? I assume we're still going to have technique series for each element like Foie, Barta, etc. Maybe there aren't any changes... maybe weapons will give % boosts for techniques of corresponding element. That would be pretty awesome.

FINALLY! Accuracy affects damage for guns!! This is a PSU wish of mine on par with all the newman lovers wanting summons. I always thought it stupid how pull the trigger harder = gun does more damage.
    with great hat comes great responsibility
    Jagdpanzer lv130 M CAST - PT20 | FG20 | FF20 | Mewn Fan

Hmmm, the Accuracy and gun thing seems interesting. If Ranger can use techs to some degree, RAnewm/newearl might be an interesting combo!

http://ameblo.jp/phantasy-star-porta...339907901.html

The latest blog entry has this blurred (Sakai...!) picture of what I understand to be an oldschool enemy, the best I can make it out to be is a Sinow Beat? (It is showing up in an area where Shinowa Hidoki appears...)

Also from Rappy Kid's post I'm guessing a Bayonetta collaboration is all but confirmed?

Quote Originally Posted by panzer_unit View Post
    Given the changes to guns, what about technique weapons and attacks? I assume we're still going to have technique series for each element like Foie, Barta, etc. Maybe there aren't any changes... maybe weapons will give % boosts for techniques of corresponding element. That would be pretty awesome.
    The link in your quote actually gives us a little information about it.

Weapons

* Guns and Technic weapons are endowed with attributes
    * Some rare weapons will experience a boost in technic power
    I'm guessing we'll start seeing weapons like Ice Staff: Dagon and such that boost a certain line of techs with elemental %.

Production
    • PSP2 was in production in parallel with PS0 since the sale of PSP1
    • After PS0 was completed, the staff joined the PSP2 team.
    Quoted for emphasis.