Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

lol it's good to know I'm saving a potential $245/m cause I don't smoke or drink coffee.

And I figured there would be no updates coming out any time soon so I let my sub expire earlier this month. I love this game but it's just so boring when there's no updates and I'm not letting them milk another $10 from me.

Hey, even when I had no job, and lived on my own...somehow, I still played and paid for PSU.

$10 a month is almost nothing. If you save the loose change in your couches, or from buying something, I guarantee you will get $8 dollars, and if you cant find another two, you shouldn't be paying for an online game anyway.
    (not saying that poor people shouldn't play, I'm saying if you have that little money, you should be buying stuff more necessary to live, than a game).

With that said, I'm glad I don't smoke or drink coffee!
    I'll stick to my Culligan water bubbler thing. It's $20 a month for 5, 5 gallon bottles of water, and the bubbler.
    I live with my parents again so I don't have to pay lights, or water. Just gotta pay rent (obviously a small amount compared to living on my own) and my phone bill.
    My monthly expenses outside of game is only about $250 a month.
    But it gives me money to save to move back out. I don't want to be here forever.
    Last edited by Volcompat321; Sep 15, 2009 at 11:14 AM.

I do wish they wouldn't keep stringing us along, which they've always done even with PSO. Do they really have no idea whats coming in the next month? If they need a 3 week vacation from adding content can't they tell us ahead of time? I suppose that would be a bad business move but it is very disconcerting.

My feeling is that we have one more week for an update..
    Cheating is just an admission of personal inadequacy.

Celestial Knight of Azure Flames zandra117's Avatar
    My soul is in Gurhal while my heart is on Ragol

I hate to be a doomsayer but...

This is EXACTLY what happened to PSO Xbox.

PSO Xbox, unlike the Gamecube servers was not connected to the Japanese servers. When Sonicteam started to develop PSOBB they stopped sending updates to be put on the US and EU Xbox servers. But they continued to update their Gamecube servers because thats where the JP community was. Its the same shit.

I know there are JP players on the 360 server too but they are considered absent from the JP community by Sonicteam.

Just like on PSOX we won't get an announcement that we aren't supported anymore the updates just stop here untill enough people quit to no longer fund the server.

Please SEGA prove me wrong!
    "Thol-Falz, tes par rel diemed. Tes syr, weh yi ryukad te reli, rel ken rel obid." Dark Force, your shrine is finished. Your sword, who you returned to reality, is able to be wielded.

There really wasn't much to "update" at all on the Episode I and II servers, aside from a few quests and locked items. And yeah, it was pretty dumb that they were never released in the lifespan of the game, and a free server does a better job.

Clearly PSU is going the same route, except I can see it being a lot worse, especially if GC makes it here. They will count that as "content" when several people won't even be using it.

Looks like ST better have a HUGE update pretty soon or even more people will leave. Maybe they will double up on 2 or three regular updates. Every time they do this one month with no updates stunt, a lot of players quit.

PSO Assassin

Sega probably read some forums and when they saw all the whining about recent updates they were shocked!
    "what? players don't even want updates!? they are happy with white beast!? ok... then no updates for the next few weeks!"

now people whine again... what will Sega be thinking?

"ooh, seems nobody likes PSU anymore and everyone's threatening us that they'll quit PSU.. well, we should probably just shut the servers then"

=)

Quote Originally Posted by zandra117 View Post
    I hate to be a doomsayer but...

This is EXACTLY what happened to PSO Xbox.

PSO Xbox, unlike the Gamecube servers was not connected to the Japanese servers. When Sonicteam started to develop PSOBB they stopped sending updates to be put on the US and EU Xbox servers. But they continued to update their Gamecube servers because thats where the JP community was. Its the same shit.

I know there are JP players on the 360 server too but they are considered absent from the JP community by Sonicteam.

Just like on PSOX we won't get an announcement that we aren't supported anymore the updates just stop here untill enough people quit to no longer fund the server.

Please SEGA prove me wrong!
    and this is one of the reasons why i really really wish that future PSO games will be like DC/GC PSO again, with international servers updated/administrated by SoJ!

the other reason is i like japanese people, they're cool

No update? Bummer then.

I haven´t had so much fun now that been gone for like a month or two away from PSU.
    With some other neglected games i gotten recently.

Oh yeah, and the magic of PSP special programs.
    Thank god for those. =D
    [PSO2] Darkante: Cast HU-44/RA-43/FI-42/GU-30
    Astral Storm: Newman F HU-35
    [PSP2:I]
    RB3 - Dark Knight "Ante" : Cast M Lv 200/ JLv Hu50/Ra50/F30/Va46
    RB3 - Crimson Sky: Beast F Lv 174/ JLv Hu34/Ra18/Fo1/Va50
    RB0 - Zone Dynamite: Beast M Lv 76/ JLv Hu0/Ra7/Fo0/Va0

Eh, $10 a month might not be much, but it doesn't make it some sort of obligation to keep paying for the game either, especially if they aren't giving you new crap to justify it.

idiotic cast fightgunner that cast named kai's Avatar
    *looks around* lying dead in some random mission

*shrug*

i am not sure when the next update will come up or not

but given the fact that we got almost constant updates since STD, i am not seeing anything happening for a while, well at least until october, i suppose things will work out better after the 'restructuring' of SoA in the long run, since with it may be end the attitude of negligence and ineptitude that people often complained of, but something tells me that PSU might be wrapping up on both servers after PS:P2 is released.

although i suppose we don't have much content till the big supplemental, so who knows what will happen although i would be happy if we get to GAS by christmas

i guess if you feel like taking a short break this might be the time, so don't sweat the small stuff
    sorry to inform you but i just died.
    mind loaning me a few a scape dolls?

I am a HUcast to know what you are take the quiz here.