Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by watashiwa View Post
    Watch how pros use Akuma. Tripping people then using your super/ultra or using it from across the screen is not how it works!
    I think it's pretty funny that, in Street Fighter IV, it seems that Dan's ultra has higher priority than Akuma's, though it may be due to the disjointed hitbox on it.

ProTip: To damage your credibility, simply call any of the Phantasy Star games "massively-multiplayer."

Totally picking this up. Just hope we get some Dudley lovin' in this, or at least Q. I'm speculating at the very least we get Alex or Yin and Yang since they've made various appearances in crossover games.

Also I would like to direct the naysayers in this thread to this link.
    http://www.destructoid.com/guide-how...v-150353.phtml
    Last edited by AC9breaker; Oct 1, 2009 at 08:50 PM.

"Brotherhood asked for no friendship, only loyalty. They stood back to back as the galaxy burned - always brothers, never friends; traitors together unto the last."

Quote Originally Posted by AC9breaker View Post
    Totally picking this up. Just hope we get some Dudley lovin' in this, or at least Q. I'm speculating at the very least we get Alex or Yin and Yang since they've made various appearances in crossover games.
    Holy shit, that YouTube video... I was giggling but then when the backup voice came on... I died.
    Creator of Tethealla, Administrator of Ephinea.

[QUOTE=AC9breaker;2369449]Totally picking this up. Just hope we get some Dudley lovin' in this, or at least Q. I'm speculating at the very least we get Alex or Yin and Yang since they've made various appearances in crossover games.[QUOTE=AC9breaker;2369449]

Lets hope we get dudley for this. Then we could show balrog whats up
    Last edited by CAMPSO; Oct 4, 2009 at 05:47 PM.

As much as I loved the original Street Fighter IV I must admit I was very dissapointed at the overall character rostser, it felt too much like SF2 with new graphics. I'm hoping to see a few more new characters and I also wouldn't mind seeing some returning character from SFIII and the Alpha games.

I also agree that the SFIV needs some minor tweaks and changes to it's gameplay. I hated all the hassle it took to unlock the likes of Akuma and Gouken especially when you take into concideration how cheap Seth could be.

Mechanized Combat Engineer Freshellent's Avatar

Recently gave SF4 a chance again, think I finally got out of my rut. Been trying out Abel and Cammy, instead of the usual Bison I play. Oh what timing, another SF coming? Needless to say I'm extremely excited about gentlemen fighting incoming, and some dirty prison tricks, Cody should be a great addition as well.

AC9, that Dudders mix is hot.
    Veteran of the former Universe 11. PSO2 -Ship 02-

Juri's an interesting character IMO, and I'm totally glad that they're FINALLY adding a Korean fighter to the mix, took them 20 years to do so. But yeah, I might try to main her, although I'm not sure if she'll replace Chun Li as my usual main. T. Hawk and Dee Jay, well, I guess now we got the entire SFII cast. Also, AC9 took the words right out of my mouth, I want some SFIII characters in there. I'd kill for Yun and Yang, and I'm a bit pissed that they weren't playable, especially with them being in Chun li's video.
    Street Fighter IV: Chun Li, Ryu
    King of Fighters XII: Terry, Kim, Kyo
    BlazBlue: Litchi, Noel

Crazy Awesome Old Potato Man Guy HAYABUSA-FMW-'s Avatar

DLC really isn't feasible for tournament get togethers either. Considering unless sponsored, every system needs to be connected to the internet (verify checks) and have the original disc plus DLC. Not to mention new players have to run out and buy the 1st game, going to want new, plus buy DLC before even playing?! Casuals would quickly be PO'ed and the playerbase would further be split. Much easier to have a brand new disc.

Entitlement generation of free stuff and understandable not having to rebuy in such a less throwaway money economy don't comply. <-shorthand "Don't be a cheapass" trade in some games/ebay em/or just don't buy if you don't really want it. Onto the next flavor of the month Gamestop pre-order.

I really want some SF3 chain combos. Especially in the first big online play Street Fighter, it would help get rid of those input delay problems preventing random spam/mash out SRK's and not give headaches to people trying to do these damn near unnecessary "1 frame links." (awesome voice actor doing Dudley's "1,2,3," then gets a return too)

Also sound test (have to buy the soundtrack, no way!) if not selectable music please to not miss the actual good music on the disc that blow away "Indestructable" menu song.

And some 3D Sagat stage statue, new rendition of the Ryu Japan castle, please.
    (Dan Saikyo dojo even just as the training stage a pipedream?)

Quote Originally Posted by Outrider View Post
    But - no DLC option for those who bought the game? Really?

Hey, it doesn't matter to me as I never bought the initial version and can simply pick up this discounted update, but still - I imagine there are some people who are pretty upset about this.
    I would be one of those "upset" people. Gotta love supporting a game like Street Fighter 4 and they turn around and F you in the *** with this No DLC Bull.
    Forget Backspacing, Delete that S***

Quote Originally Posted by HAYABUSA-FMW- View Post
    DLC really isn't feasible for tournament get togethers either. Considering unless sponsored, every system needs to be connected to the internet (verify checks) and have the original disc plus DLC. Not to mention new players have to run out and buy the 1st game, going to want new, plus buy DLC before even playing?! Casuals would quickly be PO'ed and the playerbase would further be split. Much easier to have a brand new disc.
    But I mean - why not do both? Old users can download the changes and new users would pick up the new disc. (And seeing as tournament players are already on the far extreme of regular users - I don't think anybody would be surprised if they simply upgraded to the new disc for tournament play.)

It's not the cleanest comparison, but we've seen situations where they cut production on the first version of a game in order to put out a "Game of the Year" edition that has all the DLC contained on it. Why not cease production on the current SFIV (like I'm assuming they've already done) and put out Super Street Fighter IV as the new disc version of the game, and then allow users who already own the game to download the updated code?

I know - there are probably technical issues up the wazoo for that, as it's not just additional content, but the fact that they're not giving terribly specific reasons when explaining the lack of DLC makes me want to keep questioning it. There have been Xbox360/PS3 games that had tweaks made to the engine through DLC - heck, Halo 2 had gameplay tweaks several times over to adjust balancing - so why couldn't they do something similar with SFIV?

I'm just not entirely buying the fact they couldn't add in those hooks where they needed to be with DLC. They developed the original game knowing they were going to tweak it (this is a fighting game, after all) - shouldn't they have planned ahead for this?

Again - I don't know. Maybe it's just not possible, but it still seems a little odd to me.

Ah well - it's not like it matters to me. I don't have the original game, so if I want the new one, I can just wait and pick up the next disc.

But what happens when they come out with Super Street Fighter IV Turbo Edition?