Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Super Street Fighter IV

Just in case you prefer to live under a rock during TGS, the sequel/update to arguably the most successful fighter of 2009 has been announced.

http://tgs.gamespot.com/story/623062...opslot;thumb;1

Slated for spring 2010 release, 8 new chars, and revamped engine/mechanics. Should be good times :P

Interesting.
    I suck at fighting games, but I've always been a fan of Street Fighter.
    I'll probably give it a try.

At least it's not another Street Fighter II.

IV is the new II.

ProTip: To damage your credibility, simply call any of the Phantasy Star games "massively-multiplayer."

But - no DLC option for those who bought the game? Really?

Hey, it doesn't matter to me as I never bought the initial version and can simply pick up this discounted update, but still - I imagine there are some people who are pretty upset about this.

I think I'll pick this up when it's out. Haven't been playing any SF games for so long, I kinda miss the actions.
    Blink & you might miss it! ;3

Oh, keep sig at 600x180 px & 49KB, yah?

Quote Originally Posted by Outrider View Post
    There are quite a few minor game mechanics that need to be fixed...priority special mashing during blockstun & auto turnaround time during crossups...just to name 2.

Hopefully these are the things they discussed when ono was talking about certain changes that could not be implemented to the current system. If they are, nobody in the sf community will be complaining about the $$.

I just wish they could put out a multi-dvd/bluray package so people who play on both 360/ps3 wouldn't have to buy the game 2x over...so hopefully the game is $30 so I'll only have to pay the price of 1 full price game

a comfortable place between dreams and reality

Quote Originally Posted by Cracka_J View Post
    I just wish they could put out a multi-dvd/bluray package so people who play on both 360/ps3 wouldn't have to buy the game 2x over...so hopefully the game is $30 so I'll only have to pay the price of 1 full price game

Dogs and cats living together? That's crazy talk!

Quote Originally Posted by Outrider View Post

Hey, it doesn't matter to me as I never bought the initial version and can simply pick up this discounted update, but still - I imagine there are some people who are pretty upset about this.
    Well, they did say that the game would be sold at a price point that's lower than the full price of a new game. Just going to guess it'll retail at $30~40.

Though I do have the original, I also only paid $15 for it new, so I'm not complaining that much. I imagine it would be kind of a pain to try and patch all of this stuff into a game that's still being run from the disc, unless they were to do something like... Making hard drive installs mandatory, and then patching that file - but that's probably not a great idea.

ProTip: To damage your credibility, simply call any of the Phantasy Star games "massively-multiplayer."

No DLC option? Do not want. Never was a fan of T.Hawk in the original either.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaspaller View Post
    No DLC option? Do not want. Never was a fan of T.Hawk in the original either.
    But you're a fan of quicksand, trees, and rape... That shows a lot about your taste in things!

Anyway, the update is more than just "T.Hawk", there's at least 8 characters added to the Roster, Gameplay Tweaks, revised Lobby (hoping it's similar to BlazBlue, SSF2THDR or MVC2 lobbies), and probably a lot more unannounced stuff.

I think it's more than worth the reduced price to buy it.
    Creator of Tethealla, Administrator of Ephinea.