Page 93 of 95 FirstFirst ... 4383909192939495 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by MillyB View Post
    weapon effectiveness > weapon looks
    Not for all people
    In love with Talis Replica

Man....this is another infinite loop of "no, u"s, lol. I guess everyone has his reasons to use stuff, some of them are more justifiable than others. Let's put a basic example: Most people who solo missions go for the most efficient gears, while casual players go for the stuff they can reach (dont get me wrong, but more than 60% of the cute stuff is reachable and standard-wise in terms of stats).

I rarely go in party with more than 2-3 people (my closest friends, most of the time), so I prefer the efficient way. I have a sick respect for the time that it takes to finish a mission, so I dont like making others lose time because I hit "like a girl" (you know what I mean).
    Perso...! Wait...wrong game.

Quote Originally Posted by Crysteon View Post
    Man....this is another infinite loop of "no, u"s, lol. I guess everyone has his reasons to use stuff, some of them are more justifiable than others. Let's put a basic example: Most people who solo missions go for the most efficient gears, while casual players go for the stuff they can reach (dont get me wrong, but more than 60% of the cute stuff is reachable and standard-wise in terms of stats).

I rarely go in party with more than 2-3 people (my closest friends, most of the time), so I prefer the efficient way. I have a sick respect for the time that it takes to finish a mission, so I dont like making others lose time because I hit "like a girl" (you know what I mean).
    Hit like a girl.. this is why female charas have less Atp than males I suppose;D
    In love with Talis Replica

Quote Originally Posted by Leilla-chan View Post
    Not for all people
    Huh where did I say that its was a blanket statment? thats how I feel about it....

I don't say that looks > effectiveness, but there are weapons that simply make you blood out your eyeballs. I wouldn't use for example a Holy Ray even if it was the bestest A rank rifle in the loluniverse just because it looks like a tattooed penis. in that case, look >>>>>>>>>>>> effectiveness.

Apart from that there are times where there's no need for that much effectiveness. I can heal myself fully with my 10/10 Serdote and it looks much better than a Granahodra/c paired with my Card Regas, so why would I switch to a higher "effectiveness" that I don't need?
    Last edited by Darki; Dec 9, 2010 at 12:54 PM.

everyone has their way of playing
    Orius - M.Newman lvl180 MF20 ---- Megalodon V9.0 - M.Cast lvl180 fG20/GM20
    _______ YOmap - M.Beast lvl104 PT20 ---- ダークエンジェル F.Human lvl57 AF11________

JP PSU
    www.psupedia.info/User:Orius

Quote Originally Posted by Darki View Post
    I wouldn't use for example a Holy Ray even if it was the bestest A rank rifle in the loluniverse just because it looks like a tattooed penis

Sorry, I couldnt resist, lol.

And yeah, as Orius says, it depends of the way you wanna play. Mine is Effectiveness > Looks , simple as that :/ .

Of course everyone plays however they want. But is there people who would play with anything, even if it's REALLY disgusting, when probably there's something that looks much better and maybe the difference in effectiveness is insignificant?

It's a honest question, I believed everybody likes to look cool, lol. Take my wand example. I don't need to switch wands to a better one when the one I use is enough to heal myself fully (and as a WT, I'm the highest HP out there so if I can heal my HP I can heal anybody else).

Of course everyone plays however they want. But is there people who would play with anything, even if it's REALLY disgusting, when probably there's something that looks much better and maybe the difference in effectiveness is insignificant?

It's a honest question, I believed everybody likes to look cool, lol. Take my wand example. I don't need to switch wands to a better one when the one I use is enough to heal myself fully (and as a WT, I'm the highest HP out there so if I can heal my HP I can heal anybody else).
    Ok I will put it this way if there was an axe that was dog shit on a stick and it had 4000 att at 10^ then I would use it simple as that I do not care what weapons look like I play the game to do as much damage as posible so ya looks have no effect on what weapons I buy

I believed everybody likes to look cool, lol.
    That statement is false in some cases where people, instead of looking cool, they prefer an ugly or ridiculous-fashioned character. My characters, for example, are pretty minimalist-looking, in my opinion, without any intention of looking ridiculous or having a freaking badass clitche appearence.

And, to answer your previous question, there IS people who prefer generic weapons over sparky stuff, just because it's a lot easier to produce. Take the example of some synth-able weapons: you can make some 50%s without running endlessly, and you get some fairly powerful weapons there (in some cases, they surpass the cool-looking ones). It also lessens the drama of breaking stuff while grinding, since you can get 50%s again!