Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Security Breach!

I just played this mission for a few hours. I loved it! Great mission! Why aren't more people playing it? Its actually challenging when you have to figure out where everything is on your own, and having to clear every room in less than 3 minutes... I liked this mission, better than Citadel of Sand.
    SEGA!

Run Rabbit Run!!!

Not sure, really. I, myself, have never tried it. I guess that's because I'm not too into the Guardians Branch missions (HSM, Bruce, Egg Thieves, etc.). I just don't like the puzzle aspect. I'm a Fortefighter. I'm not supposed to think, I just SMASH the CRAP out of things, haha.

Kidding. I fight intelligently, and with tactics. Seriously, though, I should give Security Breach a try. Thanks for the tip.

I think Egg thieves, Her secret mission, Bruce's dungeon and this one are among the best co-op experiences on xbox live, hands down.

That is, if you can find people playing these and not White beast
    SEGA!

Run Rabbit Run!!!

Indeed. I always resort to getting a group of my friends together (which I nowadays only have, like, two people I can play with, anyway. I need to find some new running buddies..) if I want to do Egg Thieves. I ran Her Secret Mission SO much when it was popular, that I am thoroughly exhausted of it. As for Bruce's Dungeon, I have to be frank with you...

..I've never done it. Not even once. *Prepares for the flaming*

I can understand why a lot of people don't like the Guardians' Branch missions - they're just so restrictive and different compared to missions like White Beast and Seed Express where players can freely do as they wish, whether it's a time attack run, hunting for rares, or just hanging out with friends.

Missions like Her Secret Mission, which I absolutely HATED, btw, are riddled with cheap traps and enemies that can easily KO someone, and OOPS - the mission ends right then and there, you get nothing, you lose, good day sir... just because you didn't see that immobilization trap while several gun turrets peck away at you, or you get Dambarta'd, or a fire Olgohmon one-shots you with Foie. Add in the fact that you're constantly having to rush through the mission due to the time limit, trying to get everyone to cooperate through the puzzle elements, and the fact that there just isn't much good loot, and it's easy to drive people away. Or, in Bruce's Dungeon, having Bruce get KO'd by a Bil De Vear's spin attack, because Bruce by default follows the party leader, who happened to be a noob FF/FM that spammed knockback moves on them - OOPS, you lose again. And then they have to rub it in your face with the whole "you failed" cinematics after the fact someone fucked up... that kind of stuff was what killed the enjoyment for me, and it's sad because it was nice to see some mission variety for once.

And BIG OLAF, unless they added better loot with the higher difficulties, you're not really missing much with Bruce's Dungeon. All I ever really got out of it was Catilium and Mot Walnas, and although you can get Bruce's NPC card, he's not very good anyway. =/
    Last edited by Tetsaru; Oct 12, 2009 at 08:30 PM.

My FFXIV:ARR Lodestone Page
    3DS Friend Code: 0318-8097-4335
    Currently playing: Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn, Hearthstone

Quote Originally Posted by Tetsaru View Post
    Missions like Her Secret Mission, which I absolutely HATED, btw, are riddled with cheap traps and enemies that can easily KO someone, and OOPS - the mission ends right then and there, you get nothing, you lose, good day sir... just because you didn't see that immobilization trap while several gun turrets peck away at you, or you get Dambarta'd, or a fire Olgohmon one-shots you with Foie. Add in the fact that you're constantly having to rush through the mission due to the time limit, trying to get everyone to cooperate through the puzzle elements, and the fact that there just isn't much good loot, and it's easy to drive people away. Or, in Bruce's Dungeon, having Bruce get KO'd by a Bil De Vear's spin attack, because Bruce by default follows the party leader, who happened to be a noob FF/FM that spammed knockback moves on them - OOPS, you lose again. And then they have to rub it in your face with the whole "you failed" cinematics after the fact someone fucked up... that kind of stuff was what killed the enjoyment for me, and it's sad because it was nice to see some mission variety for once.
    Boy, do I know what you mean. Can't count how many times someone in my HSM party got "robbed" (meaning, cheaply killed) when we were so close to the goal.

I appreciate Sega's effort at the puzzle/player co-operation aspect of the game, but they have yet to perfect it, really. It seems to me that the "/R" missions are going to be pretty fun, though, what with the certain restrictions towards weapon, armor, technic, and trap usage.

As for Bruce's Dungeon, I really had no plan on doing it, anyway. Thanks for the heads up regarding it's uselessness. Funny thing is, I know some people that say Bruce is their favorite run. I can't see the logic in that statement.

I actually kinda like the way it's more uhm realistic i suppose(?) Finally! The good guys lose! :] Not that i like losing, but my mistakes and failing make me stronger and more keen on what the mission is requiring you to do. It makes me think more individually and plan with my group members instead of me just hack/slashing away while my big bro is still trying to recover from lag at the beginning of the block. XD

Quote Originally Posted by Tetsaru View Post
    I can understand why a lot of people don't like the Guardians' Branch missions - they're just so restrictive and different compared to missions like White Beast and Seed Express where players can freely do as they wish, whether it's a time attack run, hunting for rares, or just hanging out with friends.

And BIG OLAF, unless they added better loot with the higher difficulties, you're not really missing much with Bruce's Dungeon. All I ever really got out of it was Catilium and Mot Walnas, and although you can get Bruce's NPC card, he's not very good anyway. =/
    Wow, I never expected to read this from the guy who thinks PSU is too easy...

So it's challenging. So is Security Breach. To call a trap 'cheap' is a cop-out and you know it. If you plan ahead and pay attention, HSM and this mission are a lot of fun. Also, PSU is not all about the loot. I hate that attitude. Just today I messaged a friend asking her to join me on Citadel of Sand or Security Breach since they are new-er, and her reply was "LOL why? the loot sux"

SEGA!

Run Rabbit Run!!!

i truly hate noobs that take the fun away hunting everthing they can think of psu was to be a fun game not who can get the most money

Quote Originally Posted by pinkace View Post
    Just today I messaged a friend asking her to join me on Citadel of Sand or Security Breach since they are new-er, and her reply was "LOL why? the loot sux"

I agree. People that are obsessed with items, and items alone, need to be beaten with a stick. Not to rag on people that are trying to upgrade their gear, but I mean the people that refuse to play with friends just because the mission they are interested in doing doesn't have "any good drops". So what? Go play with your friends, because, well....they're your friends.

PSU is just as much about having a good time beating the piss out of monsters with great friends, as it is about getting good items. Only caring about items/drops is a form of elitism, and I hate elitists with all my mind, body, and soul. (At least the annoying elitists that try to tell you that you need better weapons, or that they're better than you, etc.)
    Last edited by BIG OLAF; Oct 12, 2009 at 10:45 PM.