Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Concerns that need adressing.

I spent a bit of my time today trying to figure out how I wanted to phrase this towards Edward. I hope you will take the time to read this thread and post your comments and feelings about it. Thank you ahead of time.

http://forums.sega.com/showthread.php?t=300851

I agree with you 100%, man. Someone has to take command of this game and ensure that it gets put back on the right track. Either that, or they SERIOUSLY need to tell us wtf is going on... and not just every once in a while, when they feel like it. If they honestly don't care about the state of the game in the US/Europe playerbase, then why haven't they shut it down yet!? They'd probably end up making more money that way, even if they DID release the Guardians Cash system, because the population has just become that of a ghost town lately.

I know you guys don't like to hear me rant, much less compare PSU to FF11 all the time, but Square-Enix makes version updates to the game EVERY month, giving us new missions and items to go after, as well as balancing issues and even new abilities and tweaks for specific jobs. AND they've about to release their FOURTH add-on mini-expansion. They update us on billing, new content additions, and other services RIGHT when you log in. They're taking care to make the transition to FF14 later on very smooth and familiar.... hell, they're even cranking out actual MERCHANDISE related to the games too, although it's expensive as hell, lol. What does PSU give us? More reskins, the same boring gameplay in missions, and gradually unlocking things which SHOULD'VE been available to us MONTHS, even YEARS ago. If you're gonna make it available in the OFFLINE game, make it available in the ONLINE game too - don't make us wait for it to get "unlocked."

Dammit, we're sick of this shit, Sega...

My FFXIV:ARR Lodestone Page
    3DS Friend Code: 0318-8097-4335
    Currently playing: Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn, Hearthstone

I definately feel it needed to be said.

I agree to this as well.

There's nothing more to say than, I agree 100%.
    You kinda hit the point, but much like every other thread there I'm sure it will be ignored.
    Sorry to say that, Alpal, but you know it will unfortunately.

I sense a lot of fear from you. Opening up a letter to a corporation with a disclaimer is a sign of weakness. Relying on too many "potentials" and not governing on facts dismiss arguments.

A few tips:

1) Please be formal

When addressing a group such as a corporation, you should dispense with character names and begin communication from the highest level possible that is attainable, never the lowest level such as an online forumboard. You should also address key people in a private sense by real name. Finally, make sure your letter has proper header, body and footers in place.

2) Do not open up with a disclaimer

When one opens up a letter with a disclaimer that they are not trying to attack while the letter itself expresses anger and demands a desire for a problem to be fixed, it shows weakness and contradiction. It also shows fear in the sense you aren't willing to risk anything under a demand. Its like saying "I want to be heard but at the same time I don't want to be heard" to the reader.

3) Be clear and concise

Don't focus on many points until your focus is fixed on a central point. Don't wander off as anyone reading will detect and wonder if you are serious if you are found pacing everywhere.

4) Stick to what you know

Don't wander into opinion unless you've reached the end of the argument. Focus on what you know and what is fact. Opinion is countered by more opinion. Fact has the property that sometimes fact is irrefutable. Please do not go into what you do not know.

5) Maintain a Length maximum of about one page

Executives in corporations must read through a lot and they don't want to be bothered with very long complaints and demands. Keep your letters to one page at most.

6) Spell-check

Please make sure proper spelling and punctuation exist. This is the difference between the reader assuming if you are serious or not serious. This also proves you are mature and an adult, that you are making an effort to be understood in writing.

7) Please refrain from the use of slang.

A Formal letter needs to utilize formal language. Slang is something that not only makes a letter worse, but gambles on the actual understanding of the letter itself. Don't risk it.

Represent the argument from a critical and written point of view and not a spoken view

This is the toughest thing to learn. Remember you are conveying your thoughts in a letter. It is not a roleplay of you "speaking" with another person directly. There are certain things which are not allowed in letters when expressing yourself in writing which are allowed in direct speech.

9) Written Record

Speech can be counted as hear-say, however a letter has legal dominance. Anything written by your hand can be used in any proceeding against you. Read a letter to yourself prior to sending it to make sure it is what you wish to convey.

10) Stand by your work

If you send a letter out in the form of a demand or argument, then be prepared to stand by your own written work. There is nothing worse in an argument than contradicting yourself to your own work. Stand your ground and defend your words to the end.

Alpal, I'm not trying to be an asshole in this reply. Your letter looks a lot like the first letter I wrote when I was a kid. I learned that there are many ways one can show respect (or a lack of respect) by the way one handles themselves in written communication.

I write a lot of letters out to clients and companies. It is very important thanks to the invention of email and its abuse to really stand out from the rest and show people who you are. Representing yourself in writing is by far the most important skill you will have in your professional career of any type when dealing with others that count.
    PSO-2 Info: Ship: 2; ID: セツナヤキ; MCN: ケイリン
    "If you want a bridge between past, present, and future, search for the void and awaken it!"

I don't think your little list matters too much.
    It's great how it is.
    Gets the point across, and everyone knows what's being said.

No need to write with the most respect possible if there is no respect given.
    Even so, that's not even the case here.

"I sense a lot of fear from you"
    ....What?

Well said. I'm sure he didn't mean to make a massive movement, rather more of a call out for a chance for Edward to read it (as stated). I'm sure it was a half rant and, overall, it felt refreshing to get it out of his system.
    #1 International MAG+ TA Champion in PSU. Co-Founder of Royalz

Quote Originally Posted by DreXxiN View Post
    Well said. I'm sure he didn't mean to make a massive movement, rather more of a call out for a chance for Edward to read it (as stated). I'm sure it was a half rant and, overall, it felt refreshing to get it out of his system.
    oh hi, you still check forum!

"ARIKAー戦隊, 参上!!" (click it!)
    Arika     @US server | Arika-chan @JP server

Quote Originally Posted by Arika View Post
    oh hi, you still check forum!
    Hey, what can I say? I gotta pop in every once and awhile. ;]
    #1 International MAG+ TA Champion in PSU. Co-Founder of Royalz