Default When trying to max a character....

When trying to max a character, do you take an equipped weapon in consideration meaning that you feel that it should count or do you feel that only Mag, Units and Mats should be part of the equation?

Explain your answer.
    Fan Art of my Character & Matoi Defending a City
    Spoiler!

mag, units and mats raise the base stat only, a weapon adds aditional ata, atp and other stats to the char.
    My char is maxed, equiping a god unit doesn't change anything, however if i equip a saber i do get aditional atp and ata.

to increase base stats only take in consideration the units, the mag and the materials.

Quote Originally Posted by DC_PLAYER View Post
    mag, units and mats raise the base stat only, a weapon adds aditional ata, atp and other stats to the char.
    My char is maxed, equiping a god unit doesn't change anything, however if i equip a saber i do get aditional atp and ata.

to increase base stats only take in consideration the units, the mag and the materials.
    Strange, I could have sworn that after maxing out MST, that using a Force weapon that added MST didn't go over the maximum MST limit.
    Spoiler!

that's an exeption, same with weapons that increase LCK, if you have 100 then you won't get more.

Quote Originally Posted by DC_PLAYER View Post
    that's an exeption, same with weapons that increase LCK, if you have 100 then you won't get more.
    Cool, thank you
    Spoiler!

Quote Originally Posted by the_importer_ View Post
    Strange, I could have sworn that after maxing out MST, that using a Force weapon that added MST didn't go over the maximum MST limit.
    Items can either increase base stats (stats in parentheses) or final or additional stats. Base stats have a maximum, and additional stats can be increased indefinitely, and for that reason, you should never take the final stats into consideration when maxing, only base stats.

Things that increase base stats: Stat units, mags, materials, weapons (MST, LCK), Armor and Barriers (ATP)

Things that increase additional stats: weapons (ATP, ATA), armor and barriers (DEF, EVP)

MST and LCK can never be increased additionally, meaning they never exceed the base stat.
    CHARACTERS, All on ult, GC offline, Last updated 1/31/10:
    Me: Yellowboze, HUcast, lvl. 156---Joe: Redria, RAmarl, 142
    GamE n WatcH: Greenill, FOnewm, 133---Pyrofreak: Oran, FOmar, 126
    Sil'fer: Skyly, HUnewearl, 108---Mr. Beeez: Viridia, HUmar, 105
    SGT. Cool: Bluefull, RAcast, 104---The internet: Purplenum, FOmarl, 63