Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: PSU Sequel?

Talking PSU Sequel?

This just in according to a conversation HUnewearl_Meira, staffer of pso world had with Satoshi Sakai of Sonic Team during the Phantasy Star Zero Community Day Event Report there just may be hope for a 2nd coming of the hit series coming to our consoles in the near future maybe even a psn version!!! Here is the conversation "Q: Will there be any more console Phantasy Star games?
A: HMMM! (Seriously, that was the immediate reaction to this question) If the handheld versions are successful, then we’ll likely bring Phantasy Star back to the consoles. You should all go out and buy five copies!" So we all know what we must do if we want a sequel be sure to tell all ur friends and family to purchase their copies of both phantasy star zero and phantasy star portable. Its up to us do we want to let the series die or expand this unique series? I for one would love to see it grow into something massive possibly one day being up there with WoW(wishful thinking of course). So lets chat it up id like to hear ur thoughts on the matter! U may check the phantasy star zero foruum for more deatils.
    Last edited by Gozyt; Nov 9, 2009 at 03:15 AM.

Proof or it didn't happen.
    Plus, even if there was, if it's not free to play, I doubt it will have enough people to keep up.
    (Coming from someone that loves PSU and plays a lot).

What do you mean by proof? and i agree with you on the free part that is clearly shown by the demo's population compared to the real game. If only there was a way to lure more ppl in the series would see a brighter day. I think if they would use some productive advertising that would help alot!!!

Misleading title is misleading, but I actually expected it.
    #1 International MAG+ TA Champion in PSU. Co-Founder of Royalz

Yes there will be, on the consoles.
    There was a thread by someone who went to the TGS a while back and played the psu2psp demo and got to meet that Sakai guy. He asked "What about PSU sequel on the consoles/PC" and the dude literally said "That won't be for a while yet".

No one posted about it because it was part of a huge post to the PSU2 board on here. You can likely still find it, though I forget which PSOW member got to go. Mostly that board doesn't care console sequel.

So yes, if that poster is to be believed (I mean why would anyone bother to make up a detail) then that's actually more confirmation than the above was. "Won't be for a while" means 'yes we're working on something but it's going to take long' while the above was more non commital.

Still, this would be the 2nd time he's affirmed anything where PSOW has caught him at it, so I'd say "it looks good".

Srry to get your hopes up DreXxiN I changed the title to something a lil more appropriate"
    Yes while its no confirmation it is a lil insight to what they are thinking and makes since that if the series is doing well of course they would branch it off into a larger direction ie. the consoles!
    Last edited by Gozyt; Nov 9, 2009 at 03:12 AM.

The Once and FOmar King SirTopps's Avatar

dont need proof. take a mans word for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Gozyt View Post
    What do you mean by proof? and i agree with you on the free part that is clearly shown by the demo's population compared to the real game. If only there was a way to lure more ppl in the series would see a brighter day. I think if they would use some productive advertising that would help alot!!!
    Proof meaning...what it sounds like.

Why didn't Meira post about it?
    Why didn't you [ quote=Meira] [/quote] it?

Either way, I do hope for a console, (hopefulle one that doesn't lag like PS2) and maybe even a PC one.
    I'm still unsure I'd pay for a sequel monthly.

Quote Originally Posted by SirTopps View Post
    dont need proof. take a mans word for it.
    Pretty hard to trust anyone nowadays.

The Once and FOmar King SirTopps's Avatar

lol well who really cares. cant we all just chill here?

Well, if you didn't know someone very well, and he just showed up one day, would you let him borrow money without proof he can and will pay you back?
    Or would you want proof (somehow, maybe a friend of a friend of yours can vouch for him) that he can and will pay you back?

Not that being here for so many years makes you more trustworthy, but it does.

Until Meira says something about it, I remain skeptical.