Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default PSZ finally has an english trailer!

Awesome.

---
    Currently Playing: Phantasy Star IV

Good that they got the trailer out.

I saw the game yesterday in a friend's DS, man I'm glad I have the original Japanese cartridge with the original intro song...

In the English game the music doesn't even fit with the video o_o the title screen music is also different, they used the epic title screen music in the intro, and some not so epic music for the title screen.

Lol. I'll translate.

"I'm glad I have a game I can't read so I can listen to the pretty music in the intro I watch once a year, and cool music on the title screen that I sit on for 2 seconds."

I'll stick with my legible, crappy music game =p

I will stick with both =D

To a certain degree, I like the title screen choice better for the US version. Mainly because it follows from the opening cinema that plays. The first player intervention drops them to the title screen, where the music is more subtle but growing more grandiose. The choice of the song in the intro is still not bad, even though it was the old title screen music. If you remember how the music was setup for PSO, the US version of PSZ is arranged a lot more like that.

... There's always the ending credits, perfect for weeaboos!

Personally, I prefer the NA opening, I don't hate the Japanese one but I like ours better.

---

PSO2 & PSPortable2 Addict Amherst_Wind's Avatar

Really, they didn't even replace it with an instrumental version of the OP? Thats the usual route they take when bringing over games with great OP music themes, its a real shame they didnt because the JP OP theme is a great song, the other music is much more suited to a main menu or something.
    - - - - - - - PS Zero: Anna - - - - - -|- - - - - PS Portable: Amherst - - - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Amherst_Wind View Post
    Really, they didn't even replace it with an instrumental version of the OP? Thats the usual route they take when bringing over games with great OP music themes, its a real shame they didnt because the JP OP theme is a great song, the other music is much more suited to a main menu or something.
    Not sure about the JP version but NA got like Drum & Bass/Trance music as main menu. :P

---

PSO2 & PSPortable2 Addict Amherst_Wind's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Arikado View Post
    Not sure about the JP version but NA got like Drum & Bass/Trance music as main menu. :P
    Sounds strange for a main menu... :l
    The JP main menu music is the music used in that trailer.
    I can't hear this new music anywhere though cause all the videos on youtube Press Start after a few seconds, and the music doesn't seem to kick in straight away.
    - - - - - - - PS Zero: Anna - - - - - -|- - - - - PS Portable: Amherst - - - - -