Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default I want to create a FOmar :D

I decided that I wanted to make a FOmar but i'm completely clueless with them.

I've always played FOnewm so I have no knowledge of FOmars.

So I'm asking all you FOmar experts on what do with with one for example:

What kind of weapons should a good FOmar use?
    What kind of MAG should I create?
    Which MATS should I use?
    What should I do to make my FOmar good?

I would be very grateful for you're help, and thank you.

Please Pm me if you added me so I can add you. XD
    Combined signature images cannot exceed 180 pixels in height or 35,000 bytes in size.

Not exactly too easy to mess up a FOmar. Still, they are primarily tech chuckers, but resilient ones. While one doesn't have to follow what I do, but I tend to use my FOmar more or less, like a Battle Mage. Sure, I often do set up to be a support mage, but I always keep at least one of the main elemental attacks in my palette.

Of course, as a human, the main thing you might struggle with, initially, is PP reserves. Unlike Newmans, you don't rebuild it naturally, and would have to hunt for a good PP recovery unit to mimic that ability. Still, early stage PP reserve is a bit low, but don't use that as a disadvantage, use it as a feature to do something else.

What that means, is that this setup promotes getting in there and doing some good melee inbetween techs. One of my strategies is to soften up a group with techs, and then go in for the kill with Melee attacks. This basically acts to prolong the time you have before you need to use a PP recovery item. Which means, that I can usually leave the PP recovery items out of the Palette, and use the Ltrigger+Start shortcut for them.

The kind of MAG and what MATS to use is basically set on how you want to balance your FOmar. Do you want him all tech?
    a little less tech but a tank mage (which often means you're going for defense)?
    A fighting mage, in which you're putting a lot of effort into the ability to jump into the fray and whack or shoot foes as well. (Defense and Accuracy are good bets).

Take note, melee damage for Staffs and Wands are based on MST not ATP, so if your favorite weapon to use in Melee are magical weapons, along with your good MST (Which you'll get anyway), you can feed into Accuracy, since you'll need that to hit your enemies better.

So weapon choice has a lot to do with what you want to do with your character. ATP is only has some importance if you're trying to create a FOMar who utilizes direct hunter or Ranger weapons. The problem with Hunter weapons, is that many of the multi-enemy hitting melee weapons are not available to you. And your Force melee weapons don't either. Well.... except for PAs, and those are important to note. While your force weapons won't hit multiple enemies or targets, many of their PAs are designed to hit multiple targets.

So anyway, if you plan on using your FOmar with strictly force weaponry, then ATP is not important. Techs, themselves, don't require ATA, but swinging your tech weapons in melee does. Your human defense and HP are assets, which means you can afford to step a bit more into danger and utilize more melee or force melee strategies. Not to mention, some melee PAs, even from staffs, grant you some great durability during the execution of the move. (rodeo drive as one example)
    Last edited by Akaimizu; Nov 21, 2009 at 12:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Akaimizu View Post
    Not exactly too easy to mess up a FOmar. Still, they are primarily tech chuckers, but resilient ones. While one doesn't have to follow what I do, but I tend to use my FOmar more or less, like a Battle Mage. Sure, I often do set up to be a support mage, but I always keep at least one of the main elemental attacks in my palette.

Of course, as a human, the main thing you might struggle with, initially, is PP reserves. Unlike Newmans, you don't rebuild it naturally, and would have to hunt for a good PP recovery unit to mimic that ability. Still, early stage PP reserve is a bit low, but don't use that as a disadvantage, use it as a feature to do something else.

What that means, is that this setup promotes getting in there and doing some good melee inbetween techs. One of my strategies is to soften up a group with techs, and then go in for the kill with Melee attacks. This basically acts to prolong the time you have before you need to use a PP recovery item. Which means, that I can usually leave the PP recovery items out of the Palette, and use the Ltrigger+Start shortcut for them.

The kind of MAG and what MATS to use is basically set on how you want to balance your FOmar. Do you want him all tech?
    a little less tech but a tank mage (which often means you're going for defense)?
    A fighting mage, in which you're putting a lot of effort into the ability to jump into the fray and whack or shoot foes as well. (Defense and Accuracy are good bets).

Take note, melee damage for Staffs and Wands are based on MST not ATP, so if your favorite weapon to use in Melee are magical weapons, along with your good MST (Which you'll get anyway), you can feed into Accuracy, since you'll need that to hit your enemies better.

So weapon choice has a lot to do with what you want to do with your character. ATP is only has some importance if you're trying to create a FOMar who utilizes direct hunter or Ranger weapons. The problem with Hunter weapons, is that many of the multi-enemy hitting melee weapons are not available to you. And your Force melee weapons don't either. Well.... except for PAs, and those are important to note. While your force weapons won't hit multiple enemies or targets, many of their PAs are designed to hit multiple targets.

So anyway, if you plan on using your FOmar with strictly force weaponry, then ATP is not important. Techs, themselves, don't require ATA, but swinging your tech weapons in melee does. Your human defense and HP are assets, which means you can afford to step a bit more into danger and utilize more melee or force melee strategies. Not to mention, some melee PAs, even from staffs, grant you some great durability during the execution of the move. (rodeo drive as one example)
    Wow, thanks for the help on that, cleared some things out.

But I noticed that some FOmars used mech guns on PSO is that effective?

Combined signature images cannot exceed 180 pixels in height or 35,000 bytes in size.

Just play whatever you like. The FOmar is so versaitle, I can switch form slicers, to sabers, to mechguns.

FC PSzero: 3696 0123 4211

Slicers have the benefit of being MST based for damage. Probably your ideal ranged weapon, and it raises MST, so you can nuke with em out. PA wise, Bright Sign is easily the strongest. 4-5 hits in a decent area and it stuns.

And yeah... FOmar is pretty versatile.
    Coming Soon!

I just made a Fomar.

Starting out with two divine/minds, a Tech Save Lv 2, and PP recovery Level 4 helps, lol.

EDIT: Do you think going 60/40 on hit and mind on a mag would be and 50/50 on mind and defense on Mats would be good for my Fomar? I wanna get one of those Sig mags. Aren't those the ones that are at your feet?
    Last edited by Phoenix_Black; Nov 21, 2009 at 02:52 PM.

Lets see, for weapons, they are a mix of melee and magic so stick with like rods, as for a type of MAG make a mind-guard MAG or vice-versa. And to make your FOmar good, spend most of the beginning of the game raising your MAG, I was Lv16 and my mag was already at it's 3rd evolution with granrir as it's PB (linear attack that does alot of damage and has a chance to 1 hit KO)

Feed your Mag lots of useluss armours and magic weapons.
    PSZ characters:
    Frost: RAcast, lv1
    Soul: FOnewm, lv40
    Socks: HUnewm, lv1
    FC: 4726 8115 1533

Quote Originally Posted by Keyblade59 View Post
    Lets see, for weapons, they are a mix of melee and magic so stick with like rods, as for a type of MAG make a mind-guard MAG or vice-versa. And to make your FOmar good, spend most of the beginning of the game raising your MAG, I was Lv16 and my mag was already at it's 3rd evolution with granrir as it's PB (linear attack that does alot of damage and has a chance to 1 hit KO)

Feed your Mag lots of useluss armours and magic weapons.
    What if I want to use some mechguns?

Also, do techniques rely on accuracy? Is it viable to just use only techniques?

hmm, not sure if FOmars can use mechguns, but if they can, you could kinda even it out between mind and hit, just because the FOmar is good with techs and melee weapons for those who want to mix it up.

I think the mind stat also affects the power (so does the level of the tech), and accuracy of the techs (and the PP amount, of course) FOmars are for those who want somewhat of a mix of melee and tech, its your choice if you want to just only use tech and magic weapons or melee weapons and techs (or take advantage of the Force's ablitiy to use level 15 techs to be a superb hack and healer, which is one of the reasons the FOmar specializes in that) It's your choice, but prepare to if your going to try to make him use techs and range.
    Last edited by Keyblade59; Nov 21, 2009 at 03:22 PM.
    PSZ characters:
    Frost: RAcast, lv1
    Soul: FOnewm, lv40
    Socks: HUnewm, lv1
    FC: 4726 8115 1533