Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Hybrid View

Default Finally got another Job....

I've been jobless now for about 6 months and when I finally got the call from Wal-mart asking me to go to an interview, I was excited. Skipping all the boring stuff, My first day of work, this guy was showing me what to do and where stuff goes (I'm a night stocker 10-7 btw). Second day was kind of a repeat except I was by myself for about 3 quarters of the day. The 3rd day, One of the store manager's puts me in furniture....by myself.So I am working as hard as I can and after completing a crapload of stuff, he comes over a and says "your behind, you need to be working faster or were not gonna keep ya after Christmas." I'm thinking to myself, "F you you ass-shit, I've only been here 3 days,wtf do you expect."

So the 4th day comes (today) and let me tell you what went down. I'm doing all my work and at a decent time as well. I finish with all my stuff, yet someone brings 2 more carts out from nowhere. There are 2 people supposedly helping me out and putting the stuff out. Too bad help in this case means making things harder for me. Ya see, they opened these boxes and just left them in 4 different areas and mixed my stuff up with another section. I ask the manager dude "did you send help?" He says yeah. I say " well, no offense, but they left stuff everywhere." He's all like "well, they helped....it should take you 15-20 mns to clean the trash up." I'm thinking, it's not my freaking trash, they were the ones who decided to put the shit all the way down the other aisles." After all this, he tells me, "your working too slow, step up the pace man" I say "F you again".....in my head lol.

I basically feel like he's expecting way too much from me already. I'm not dumb, I know what my job is now, it's just gonna take time to get used to it.I've only been here 4 days. Apparently, he's the only one who says I'm doing bad as well. I just had 2 people today say "your doing a good job actually, keep it up" Too bad there not managers, so there opinions don't mean shit (not meaning that in a mean way to them lol just saying). I guess I will try to go along with it for now, 10 dollars an hour is good money while I'm in College. There is a lot more to say but I think this is enough for now.
    Forget Backspacing, Delete that S***

Don't sweat it. My friend works at Wal-Mart, and he's told me stories similar to yours. I've always heard that the management staff at Wal-Mart are very up-their-own-ass about everything, and try to bully subordinates with their authority. That's why I'll never work there.

Well I'm happy to know I'm not the only one. Thanks, that actually gives me some hope

Yasminkov Fanboy Waki Miko Syamemaru!'s Avatar

I worked at a Verizon store for a week. It wasn't fun. The first day I was left alone for 3 hours. THREE HOURS! Why? Because the owner/manager was at my other job with his lawyer about some case he was going through. When customers came in and I called him he never showed. Son of a bitch kept flappin. Well the stupid shit lost some customers because they all said "Who the hell leaves a new person to look after the store? This guy seems like the stupidest manager. But then again everyone at Verizon is!" and left. Well as the days go on he "trains" me. I put that joker in quotations because he doesn't even bother showin me how shit is done. Everything I learned was from me screwing up.

Setting up and activating BlackBerries? Pffft, not a chance. Found out you gotta call AND go online to activate it. Took a customer 3 1/2 hours because this stupid shit didn't even tell me the proper procedure. Ringing up customers and managing accounts? Next to nothing. Good job especially when it's busy! You know what the fun part was? Asking him questions. He had this look of "Oh god! He doesn't get it? It's soooooooooooooooooooo easy!". Well guess what you shit, I don't GET IT. Because you are so into yourself and think your Verizon's Golden Child because you went to the home HQ and met the "Can you hear me now?" dude. Congratz now show me how this crap is done!

Oh I was so happy to get out of there. Soooooooo so so happy! I've come to the conclusion that my job is working over at the library. At least there the people aren't full of themselves (they just hate the mayor and wish he drop dead). So Delete, yea, your not alone. Even in this time of depression the management teams still don't have a clue and continue to look after themselves. Along with looking down on the employees. Fuckers...

Sorry to hear ya had to go through that Waki, it seems like it's impossible to find a good job these days.
    No matter where you go, there's always gonna be that 1 person who pisses ya off : /

Yasminkov Fanboy Waki Miko Syamemaru!'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Delete View Post
    Sorry to hear ya had to go through that Waki, it seems like it's impossible to find a good job these days : /
    Quoted for the truth.

Whatever happened to "Respect and honor those who work hard for your business"? All it seems now is "Money money money money! Employees? Pfffft. Screw em! They're home is here!"

Quote Originally Posted by Waki Miko Syamemaru! View Post
    Quoted for the truth.

Whatever happened to "Respect and honor those who work hard for your business"? All it seems now is "Money money money money! Employees? Pfffft. Screw em! They're home is here!"
    Exactly. I used to have a 4-1 shift as an unloader/stocker at Wal-Mart... hated it. One of my managers had similar behavior (luckily not all of them), and most of my co-workers were immature white trash... redneck town, what can I say. I'm just afraid that, since I'm out of school now, I'll have to either go back to working there, or find an even shittier job around, if there are even any available. =/

My FFXIV:ARR Lodestone Page
    3DS Friend Code: 0318-8097-4335
    Currently playing: Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn, Hearthstone

I hate to say this Delete, but don't be surprised if Wal-mart lets you go after the holidays. I worked for Wal-mart when I was in high school(early 90's). They hired a group of us about 6mths before Christmas then 1mth before hired some extra temps for the holiday rush.

After the holidays my entire hiring group was "laid off" and the new temps were made permanent employees. Why, because our 6mth raises had come through, and we cost a quarter more an hour than the temps they had just hired.

Glad you found a job, but keep your resume circulating just in case.

Quote Originally Posted by Gibdozer View Post
    I hate to say this Delete, but don't be surprised if Wal-mart lets you go after the holidays. I worked for Wal-mart when I was in high school(early 90's). They hired a group of us about 6mths before Christmas then 1mth before hired some extra temps for the holiday rush.

After the holidays my entire hiring group was "laid off" and the new temps were made permanent employees. Why, because our 6mth raises had come through, and we cost a quarter more an hour than the temps they had just hired.

Glad you found a job, but keep your resume circulating just in case.
    That may be true although I am actually one of the only people that was hired for the night shift. Everyone else wanted to work doing the day. So If I do well enough, they will probably keep me. Today, that manager dude wasn't there and the night went smoothly. He is the only one who has a problem with me, so if he continues to keep it up, I will talk to the main store manager person and let her know what's going on. If I have 4 supervisors telling me I'm doing good and one manager saying I'm working too slow, then I would hope the main store manager is smart enough to realize what's up.

Quote Originally Posted by Tetsaru View Post
    Exactly. I used to have a 4-1 shift as an unloader/stocker at Wal-Mart... hated it. One of my managers had similar behavior (luckily not all of them), and most of my co-workers were immature white trash... redneck town, what can I say. I'm just afraid that, since I'm out of school now, I'll have to either go back to working there, or find an even shittier job around, if there are even any available. =/
    I know the feeling not being able to get a job due to living in a sucky area. Hopefully, something will come up for ya man.

Quote Originally Posted by Waki Miko Syamemaru! View Post
    Asking him questions. He had this look of "Oh god! He doesn't get it? It's soooooooooooooooooooo easy!"
    I know I'm late commenting on this but just wanted to say I experienced this today xD. I asked how to use the.....thing that gets the carts (whatever it's called) and the guy gave me that look. Lmao.
    Last edited by Delete; Nov 25, 2009 at 08:42 AM.

Some people are miserable at work, and they want everyone else to be miserable right along with them.
    Is that so wrong?

But jokes aside, maybe this is his hazing ritual with the new employees, until he figures out that you're competent, can handle your work, and you plan on staying employed with them, then he'll probably keep up with this attitude.
    Until then I guess you can just avoid talking to him as much as possible, because it will clearly always end bad.
    Besides, you can always cut corners and blame the riff raff on other people.

And maybe you will find some co-workers who also hate him, and you can have inside jokes about him behind his back, or to his face.
    That always makes me feel better.
    Last edited by Adriano; Nov 24, 2009 at 11:43 PM.
    Life's a bitch and then you die.