View Poll Results: Is Wii Speak a good idea for playing PSZ with randoms?

Voters
24. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, It's a great idea! We should unite with others that have Wii Speak.

17 70.83%
  • No, I don't want to chat with people that I have never met before.

3 12.50%
  • I don't own Wii Speak and I'm not going buy it, unless Monster Hunter Tri uses it.

3 12.50%
  • I don't own a Nintendo Wii.

1 4.17%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mill Lilly Harvester ARASHIKAGE's Avatar
    In arms reach of my Snow Queen at all times.

Default Nintendo Wii Speak

A handful of friends and I play PSZ while using the Wii Speak accessory on our Nintendo Wii system. I'm just curious as to how many people out there own a Wii with this accessory and would be willing to play and chat with people they don't even known. Obviously the best part about it is that it's free and a chat room can be set up, ready to be filled with whoever decides to join in on the fun.
    PSO GCN: Storm Shadow - RAmar - Retired
    PSU AOTI PC/PS2: Storm Shadow - Human Male PT - Retired
    PSZ: Hazatak Kid - RAmar - level 95

Retardacon \re-,tard-a-kan\ n 1 : retarded robot, humanoid, android, cyborg or cast as a : retarded decepticon b : cast from phanasty star found generally being retarded on these forums c : one who advocates cast supremacy 2 also see : cast supremacist

"arrgh such a retardacon"

Quote Originally Posted by ARASHIKAGE View Post
    Obviously the best part about it is that it's free and a chat room can be set up, ready to be filled with whoever decides to join in on the fun.
    My Cobra-aligned friend, you seem to forget that you have to buy the Wii Speak peripheral in order to participate in voice chat, thereby negating the "free" aspect of your argument. But then again, I don't have a Wii, so what do I know?

Still, now you know. And knowing is half the battle.

Geeeeee Eyeeeeeeee JOOOOOOOOEEEEEEEE!

Entity of the ORN Empire
    The Sword of Judgement Cora Solais

You rase a good point sir (and responded before I could finish the poll), the Wii Speak Mic is 29.99 and is only useful on a handful of Wii games.

My alliance is to the Arashikage family, neither Joe nor Cobra.
    "Do not punish him for his road will be hard enough. He must live with a lie to find the truth..."
    -Hard Master
    Last edited by ARASHIKAGE; Dec 1, 2009 at 06:20 AM.

Retardacon \re-,tard-a-kan\ n 1 : retarded robot, humanoid, android, cyborg or cast as a : retarded decepticon b : cast from phanasty star found generally being retarded on these forums c : one who advocates cast supremacy 2 also see : cast supremacist

Many people use irc or organize games. Just have them join a TS or Vent channel too. Not all of us have wii but all of us (on irc) has a PC and microphones aren't exactly expensive.

All of my friends are hardly on for me to even use Wii Speak. I only have it because it came with the Animal Crossing I bought. However, it's pretty much gotten no use. Kind of a shame, because it wouldn't be a bad medium to play PSZ with.

The only issue here is that I usually use my DS becuase my son is using my Wii or someone is watching TV, but the idea is a good one for those who have a private Wii
    PS Zero FC: 4941 5533 9743

HUmans all the way baby!!!

I'm not going to vote because none of those apply to me. I do have Wii Speak, but if we want to meet up and talk to each other, Skype is a much easier medium to do so.
    Last edited by Zephton; Dec 1, 2009 at 11:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Epically Leet View Post
    Don't take dumps in public restrooms. When you least expect it, something'll come up from the toilet and bite you in the butt.

Quote Originally Posted by Zephton View Post
    I'm not going to vote because none of those apply to me. I do have Wii Speak, but if we want to meet up and talk to each other, Skype is a much easier medium to do so.
    Your right, I should have added Skype, Vent. or other pc chat options to the poll. There is also XBox Live but then you have to wear a headset... -is Skype a free service?- Personaly I don't own a PC or XBox so if we were to play, Wii Speak would be the ONLY MEDIUM (a side from handing out a phone#).

It's nice to see that there are a few people out there willing to use it. I'd like to explore the idea of including Wii Consol #s on profiles next to the friend code and hopful this poll will give me a decent count of how many Wii Speakers are out there.
    Last edited by ARASHIKAGE; Dec 1, 2009 at 03:05 PM.

I would wiispeak with people. I could get more use out of it. But then I have to monopolize the TV, which won't go well with my family.