Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default So how exactly are rangers supposed to survive in PSP2?

Currently I am a level 46/6 beast braver type..with only 190 PP. Whats got me wondering is, I've tried the ranger route in both the demo and this game, and I just can't seem to grasp an accurate concept of how rangers will be maximized in this game. At my current level I still only have 190 PP(+10 cuz of type ability), and when I try to main as a ranger, I burn through all my PP in literally less than a minute. Granted no one has any idea what the endgame abilities or equips are like right now, however, early on it seems nigh impossible to main ranger weapons. PP drains hella fast with ranger weapons, forcing you to switch to melee to regenerate it back. So I've been using melee weapons 90% of the time since I can use my PP reserves for Photon Arts, however as a whole it just feels like the enemies have so much more HP in this game that using a ranger seems almost pointless due to the damage-to-PP ratio.

So I'm just wondering if anyone has managed to be successful as a ranger yet cuz right now I'm somewhat disappointed . Perhaps expanding my knowledge on the type abilities would help settle my worries(anxiously awaiting a translation), or maybe I need to switch to a cast? I've seen some people mention that a percentage of your accuracy determines power of ranger weapons now, or is it solely based on accuracy?

Don't get me wrong, this games amazing so far, I would simply like others' input on how they feel rangers should be played in this.

On a side note...what are the specific conditions to activate a black nanoblast?
    Last edited by Ludamec; Dec 5, 2009 at 06:37 AM.

same problem here no matter what type or class i try it is all the same, i think rangers is better at support type and not solo also they should have make the guns consume pp of the weapon instead of pp of your own cha . wel thats what i think :P

Ranger with 2 hands gun are very good. you can use just guard much easier than other classes too. because gap timing between each shooting are much faster than gap timing between each melee combo.

"ARIKAー戦隊, 参上!!" (click it!)
    Arika     @US server | Arika-chan @JP server

Twin handguns aren't bad. Depending on your guns, you can almost go crazy with them and retain the PP. Of course, I'd use them early since Tynselle is my main (known for Twin Handgun use).

However, one thing I appreciate, in this game, is how faster-repeating shots increase the combo meter faster. A step in the right direction for balancing gun use in. I mainly chew up PP if I try to go crazy with PAs too often. So I tend to favor more of the build large combo then smash it, style.

I still haven't tried a pure class, as a braver I just left a rifle in my palete for fliying bosses, the twins consumed PP too fast lol as for just guard, you can just guard in the middle of most combo animations, I think this time gap is more some kind of perception than a restriction, but not sure at all xD

Which is funny, because I was having a similar experience with Twin Handguns in the demo. But on the full version. No problem. My PP reserves lasted, well. Then again, it might be because I went from doing the Multiplayer mode levels of the demo, back to story levels.

Quote Originally Posted by Akaimizu View Post
    I mainly chew up PP if I try to go crazy with PAs too often. So I tend to favor more of the build large combo then smash it, style.
    Wait, Rangers have PA's now? I was just talking to my sister last night about me thinking of maining a ranger type.
    Last edited by Chimeria; Dec 5, 2009 at 11:45 AM.

Charge Shots count as PA's so its one PA per gun though there are disks to alter how its attack power works

Ah, I see. Sounds cool. Well at least SEGA thought about us gunners and gave us some sort of flashy attack. lol.

PSŲ ranged PA where much more awesome, as much as useless thought lol