Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

In my adventures up to level 60, even with three character, each over level 30 I was hard pressed to get the 1 million meseta achievement. I had to take form my joint bank and Hard Tower findings just before I got online again.

Then, I met this girl. I had known her before and she was level 20 or 30 something. Since I spend 3 days in the Tower on hard(sleeping every 30 levels), when she reappeared as a level 100, I guessed she just hid her main. I picto chatted her, "You look kinda tough"

She asked for photon drops. I almost never use them, so I obliged. somehow, I got 20 million meseta as a trade for 99 of them. So, as we were playing, I noticed on the ranking, her item find rate was lower than mine, but she was talking about things like PP recovery lvl 5 and had a rare mag.

I just thought she skipped some items and the 3578 monsters she killed were high level.

Then, the big one hit me. "I'm a (certain) female with a (another class) skin, I'm using a skin mod". Then everything came together. I was like, woooow.

I can't say I wasn't jealous. The skin had the best looking clothes in the game while the class underneath had the best selection of cool weapons.

Hilariously enough, despite what another may say, this person got past all of my precautions and probably a few others. Shoot, I got my FCs from this board like everyone else.

I dunno how much was done, but the level 100 and skin mod was definitely not in game. The meseta too. Now I'm a multi millionaire. . . . . B*tches.

BTW, the action on superhard was so thick, I didn't really observe her "roll skill", but she died like the rest of us.

Anyone else got any hilarious, "Something's not right" stories?

Oh yeah, I think this is how the Japanese meseta market got flooded.

But, I don't see everyone running around with Akatsuki Fu just yet so I'm going to keep hunting for it.
    Last edited by Dragwind; Dec 6, 2009 at 03:10 AM. Reason: merge from double post, please edit your posts

FC PSzero: 3696 0123 4211

Ohhh....

Thats how I've seen JP players with completely unique costumes.

That makes sense now, I thought maybe it was region based download content or something to that affect.

They hacked the costumes?

Apparently there are skin mods out there.

Innovation where Nintendo left off.

It seems odd that hacked costumes and skin mods would display on other players' screens.
    belladonna5012 on the official forums.
    PS0: Katherine (HUmarl 89), FOcaseal (RAcaseal 13), Dreck (HUcaseal 57)
    Offering me free stuff will not convince me to be your Internet Girlfriend.

Ive seen player's going around as Kai. And I gotta agree with Allison on this, in some way, the game was made to accommodate this. I'm not saying they arent hacking (they are) or that what they're doing is right or wrong (not gonna touch that, not on this site) but the game was made with that in mind.

It basically means that the game must store and send the character model and character class information separately. You could theoretically play a FOnewhearl Ogi, and it would transmit to the other players and look the way it should.

It's not really that cool though, since I doubt that you can use it with player models that have no animations associated with them (In other words, I highly doubt you could play as Grey, or if you did, it would only show up on your DS, as it would have to be an actual "hack" in which you switched the skin of a character with the animations of the other. The game would have no way of communicating to other DS's that this was the case).

With this in mind, I'm sort of surprised that ST didn't put in any "Costume" items. Things like slot units that would make you appear as a different character or something.
    Illustrator! Pixel Artist!:

Or a Nanotransformer. It'll be just like that one mission (2 sets of heroes).

skin mod? hacked roms?

It's just an AR code that changes the appearance values during character creation/dress room. Then your char gets saved with the values for that look and remains like during later plays.

It's not like meseta matters either, it's not worth anything since later you'll have abundant amounts of it - the only thing that you'll be using meseta for is fortification, element synth, enemy part weapons and celeb element.

On old PSO, people would use photon drops as currency for trading rares and such. But they've made photon drops drop so often on PSZ that not even those can be used to trade rares. People would never trade PDs for claire doubles, al azif or 4slot keplar on PSZ. You'd have to trade equally good equips for it.
    Last edited by Trina; Dec 6, 2009 at 07:44 AM.

Thing is, if the they can go it on the American side, why wasn't Nintendo innovative enough to make it so we could do it as well?

Maybe next game, yeah?

Makes no sense to have chef armors that don't change your costume and such.

And the closest I can get to Ogi or Kai is picking up a Garland Zwei or Lord Axeon.

Quote Originally Posted by Java378 View Post
    Thing is, if the they can go it on the American side, why wasn't Nintendo innovative enough to make it so we could do it as well?

Maybe next game, yeah?

Makes no sense to have chef armors that don't change your costume and such.

And the closest I can get to Ogi or Kai is picking up a Garland Zwei or Lord Axeon.
    The reson certain ppl can run around looking like Ogi or Kai is because they bought an Action Replay or Codebreaker and are hacking the game. Same is true for all the RAmarls who look like HUnewrals.

If you want to do the same, go buy one of the mentiond cheat devices, look up the codes, and go join the ppl ruining the onine experience.

If that's not your thing and you enjoy playing the game the way it was ment to be played then I commend you.
    PSO GC: Justyn FOmar lvl200
    PSU PC/PS2/Xbox 360:Aftermath (Returned to the shadows)
    "That which appears harmless can destroy mountains"