Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Well. I'm a multi-millionaire through LEGIT play.

Get at me, son. :V

Another thing I've noticed is people have been saying Akatsuki Fu can't be accessed unless someone is hacking. But, the item database for this site lists 5 places/monsters it can be found and there is even a new member contributed picture up. And 3 site pictures. Not as hard to get as first though, huh?

FC PSzero: 3696 0123 4211

Quote Originally Posted by Justyn_Darkcrest View Post
    The reson certain ppl can run around looking like Ogi or Kai is because they bought an Action Replay or Codebreaker and are hacking the game. Same is true for all the RAmarls who look like HUnewrals.

If you want to do the same, go buy one of the mentiond cheat devices, look up the codes, and go join the ppl ruining the onine experience.

If that's not your thing and you enjoy playing the game the way it was ment to be played then I commend you.
    I don't see how hacking solely for aesthetic purposes ruins the online experience. Gameplay cheating, absolutely, but not mere aesthetics.
    belladonna5012 on the official forums.
    PS0: Katherine (HUmarl 89), FOcaseal (RAcaseal 13), Dreck (HUcaseal 57)
    Offering me free stuff will not convince me to be your Internet Girlfriend.

Allison is correct. I played with a hacker with the Reve skin, but nothing about the run was ruined. Nothing OP. No level ups every kill. No retardedly high DPS. Nothing.

Of course, its more of soft-banned thing, community-wise, but as long as no harm is done, it ruins nothing. Only thing it can do is make you jealous. lul.

Quote Originally Posted by Justyn_Darkcrest View Post
    The reson certain ppl can run around looking like Ogi or Kai is because they bought an Action Replay or Codebreaker and are hacking the game. Same is true for all the RAmarls who look like HUnewrals.

If you want to do the same, go buy one of the mentiond cheat devices, look up the codes, and go join the ppl ruining the onine experience.

If that's not your thing and you enjoy playing the game the way it was ment to be played then I commend you.

This reminds me when ppl used to run around as Sonic and Knuckles in PSO. Not as cool though.
    PSZ Info
    Nickname: Ja'Zoo Race/job: RAmar Lv91 Alt: FOnewm Lv79
    F/C: 1462-6294-4164

Yeah, honestly, I wouldnt do it, but as long as your not breaking the game experience, I couldnt care less if you look like Reve or Sarisa or Dairon for that matter (Although, he has no character model in-game so you couldnt anyways).

If they're hacking weapons out of thin air or OHKO'ing bosses or something like that, then yeah, its pretty ridiculous, but for aesthetic reason's I see no problem with it.
    Illustrator! Pixel Artist!:

I enjoy giving people loads of money and cool items when they're early in the game, because I know that I would've loved to get this kind of assistance when I was running through it with each of my respective characters
    PSPo2 Characters:
    Re-l Mayer (lv 95 RAnewarl) || Hiyori (lv 100 VAbearl)
    Vincent Law (lv 99 HUmar) || Daedalus (lv 92 FOnewar)
    Dante Alighieri (lv 102 VAcast) || Eris (lv 90 RAcaseal)

Senior Arks Member..? SquashDemon's Avatar
    I came from Ragol, and all the not-sense that makes with it.

I'll bet I can venture a guess as to why a "you are <insert npc name here>" code carries over to other people's DS's, more like as not, ST left something to that effect in the game so they could moonlight as those characters during official events. And leaving that field in the sent information would open up a loophole that accounted for skin-swapping.
    Episode III for Life.

Quote Originally Posted by Allison_W View Post
    I don't see how hacking solely for aesthetic purposes ruins the online experience. Gameplay cheating, absolutely, but not mere aesthetics.
    The debate about how AR and Codebreaker ruins online experience has been discussed endlessly over the years and I'm not going to repost all of it here.

Let's just leave it at "Some ppl feel certain ways about certain issues while other feel the opposite"

My view: I have no respect for ppl who use cheats in an online game, if the game isnt entertaining then play something else.

If you really want to continue this PM me next time instead of starting an of topic discussion on the forums. Thnx.
    PSO GC: Justyn FOmar lvl200
    PSU PC/PS2/Xbox 360:Aftermath (Returned to the shadows)
    "That which appears harmless can destroy mountains"

Quote Originally Posted by Niered View Post
    Really? Cuz' that wasnt off topic in the least. This thread is about hacking, specifically aesthetic vs. game-breaking, and Alison's response was definitely on topic.
    Don't worry about him, he's one of those annoying White Knight types.

Anyways, skin hacking isn't a big deal as long as it is restricted to NPC-only skins. It doesn't change the game at all. Heck, it makes the NPCs seem more useful.

I have a problem with looking like another class though. A HUmarl dressed as a full-on FOnewearl may be amusing, but it is pretty misleading to what you're actually doing.