Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Japan

Default Japan

Sucks. I`ve wasted my life studying their godforsaken language.

私に裸を参照したいですか?
    Last edited by Mysterious-G; Dec 6, 2009 at 06:49 AM.

Once & forever Protranser Gunslinger-08's Avatar

I walked in here expecting a rant about Americans/Europeans/white people who are obsessed with everything that is Japan.

On topic:

What's so terrible about it? I have a friend who's studied the language and spent a summer over there. He said he really enjoyed it.

Ship 2 - Gatz

Quote Originally Posted by Gunslinger-08 View Post
    I walked in here expecting a rant about Americans/Europeans/white people who are obsessed with everything that is Japan.
    Then the topic title would've been called "Weeaboos".

Once & forever Protranser Gunslinger-08's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vanzazikon View Post
    Then the topic title would've been called "Weeaboos".
    Yeah, you're right. Looks like I need some caffine this morning.
    Last edited by Gunslinger-08; Dec 6, 2009 at 07:30 AM.

Ship 2 - Gatz

Once you get down into the details, it get`s really bad. There`s core Japanese which is the basic commoner language, basically the everyday words which are derivatives from Korean (Japanese ARE decedents, there is hard DNA evidence, but they want to believe they were born directly from god or something). Mixed into that is over 2,000 Chinese characters, several of which are wrong.

The word hagane means steal. Traditionally it`s made up of 刃(ha) and 金(kane), meaning "edge" and "metal". Two traditional words directly represented by characters, but later the Chinese character for steal was directly adopted became 鋼. This is why most characters have two or more pronunciations; one a hiragana representation of the chinese pronunciation, and the traditional Japanese forced on top of the Chinese. And lately as English has been taught in schools, the same thing is happening with English. More and more katakana words are appearing, and because they only copy the sound and not the latin routes, that`s another huge head ache.

There should actually be three Japanese dictionaries, one for ripped off korean, one for ripped off chinese, and another for ripped off english. The other thing is that Japanese has no fundamentals. What i mean by that is there`s no way make a new word. In english i can make a sound; "smicklfraggle" and a definition: "the state of being royally fucked up", and i have created a new word. In japanese the only to implement new words is to import.

That would be fine in and of itself; words are borrowed that`s how language is spread. What i hate is the attitudes i get. All Japanese people (i have ever met), tend to think that their language is so impossible as to never be understood by outsider. It`s not that it`s really that difficult, it`s that generally they`re too fucking full of themselves to consider otherwise. For a country that only copies culture and language and culture, yet is so super exclusive that it doesn`t let any of those people in seems like the ultimate in ironic idiocy.

I really get mad at a lot of nationalists over here who are super proud of Japan. You think that Japan is such a great country? Fine, stop ripping off my language, stop ripping off our clothing, cars, tv, washing machines, restaurants, culture, food. What would Japan have with out America? Nothing.

I`m mostly writing this as I`m pissed off about college. I came over here, passed Japanese level 1 and now I`m over qualified to get into any where. Japan has an initiative to let in some enormous amount of exchange students, except all of those are for short term programs. Come over so we can use you as a tool for our students to practice english and then get the fuck out. I`ve looked at a couple of those programs, all of them are for basic Japanese, for people to come to japan, get shown around as a guest and then sent home. Short term programs are as your friend described a lot of fun and easy going. For some one like me who spent the last five years studying my ass off to actually get into japanese society; they couldn`t be more unaccommodating.

Spoiler!
    Last edited by Kion; Dec 6, 2009 at 11:47 AM.

Uh oh, spoken truths against the Japanese? Well, I never! I summon from the pits of Hell, the worst weeaboos to grace our mortal plains of the internet! (I, too, don't care for the Japanese, nor their Xenophobia. I never studied their language, but I knew it was a lot of copying Chinese and such.)

Quality intelligent rant on my forums?

It's more likely than you think.
    Perfect Spiral | Beast
    Cygnus | Newman
    Enders | Cast

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE Nitro Vordex's Avatar

A (possible) weeaboo sees the light, and rages his way away from it. I'm so proud.

10/10.

Yasminkov Fanboy Waki Miko Syamemaru!'s Avatar

Yea, I've had alot of bad run ins with Japanese people. Pompous d-bags if you so will. Tokyo Drift is a kinda hilarious when I think about it because thats how thy pretty much act. They enjoy our culture but when (Americans) visit they're country they get all uppity and snooty with a "Japan is better than you Americans! Filthy gaijin with you high crime rates and women with large boobs! TITS OR GTFO!". I hate to say it but, yea, fuck Japan. The only thing I like about the place is the food. Thats it. Food and Touhou.

Also is it normal to have a large, unquenchable urge to kill around weeaboos? Because whenever I point out the things that Kion has said (all which is absolutely true. I've had friends who were hard-core Japanophiles come back saying "Screw em. I think they need another atom bomb up the ass. Who wants my anime collection? Any takers? Because I'm BURNING ALL OF IT!") they get all foamy mouthed on me.

Oh and in other news, JP Dungeon Fighter Online has lifted the IP ban on the west. Hilarious because the US DFO blows hard!
    Last edited by Waki Miko Syamemaru!; Dec 6, 2009 at 01:02 PM.