Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    AKA NovaYosh | Nyo Ho Ho! King_Yoshi42's Avatar

Post Humiliating Humilias

iirc Humilias is the hardest boss in the game. Especially in the latter part of the battle, when he combines Ice and Slow lasers.

So let's get this right:

Humilias is the Giant Robot in the Plant.

Attacks:
    The main attack of Humilias is to shoot beams at you to render you immobile with lasers, then use his bigass sword to slice you. This is also followed up by stabbing the ground, which hurts anyone near his feet.
    -This attack is easy to see coming, because he hovers along the ground before attacking.
    -The number of lasers he fires increases with difficulity (I think)
    -If no lasers hit, he will not swipe with a sword, but if there is anyone in range, he will stab the ground.
    -At first, he only fires freezing lasers. After a bit of damage, he follows up with slow lasers.

Now, I think the best tactic to deal with this is to get behind Humilias when he hovers. He can't fire lasers behind him, and will turn to try to hit you, but a quick hunter can keep up. When he is done firing, get back to avoid the stab, and wait on him. You can get a salvo or 2 off while he prepres for his next attack.
    One little trick that I use that hasn't been mentioned yet:
    When he kneels to do his ground pound, you can stand by his foot that is furthest away from him and safely hit it without getting hit by the pound.
    The second attack is to split into Chaos and Mobius. The driller has no drill, so it can't burrow, but it CAN warp and do a ramming attack. You can tell when this happen because a loud sound will emit as a warning, and he will momentaially flash and warp near you before ramming. The other one will do the same ramming, followed by shooting as in the last battle.
    -They are invincible while split, so focus on dodging.

Another attack involves the floor panels. The floor tiles will light up when stepped on, and will eventually light up more and hurt you.
    -Tiles turn "on" when stepped on so you can't simply run to an "off" tile until it starts the damage.
    -Humilias will usually also be doing his main attack while this happens.
    -Orange Tiles may have a status effect (I think usually slow).
    -In Super Hard, blue tiles freeze.

I don't really have a tactic here. Try to keep behind Humilias still, as he is harder to deal with and does more damage in his attacks overall.

His final attack happens when he dies. HE will go on a suicide run, and will attempt to kill you so you have to start over.
    -Nothing much you can do about this. Try to avoid it the best you can.

You'll want Slow and Ice Protect, especially on the harder modes. Ironically, he drops these units occasionally.
    Last edited by King_Yoshi42; Dec 21, 2009 at 03:55 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by SquashDemon View Post
    a Ranger:
    Stand far away.
    Shoot.
    PROFIT!

I never find the Humilias fight very hard because so much of his damage is easily avoidable. Thanks for the tips tho!

I guess it would be most tricky for hunters, but overall Humilias is pretty easy - it just takes a-bit longer time than the other bosses because you'll have less opportunity/time to attack it

For hunters:

Regular pattern: Follow him when he slides around and charge PA. Get between its legs and UNLEASH THE FURY while it shoots. From here you can either:

A.(tricky) keep attacking and use evade roll right when it does the slice/groundslam, if timed correctly invulnerability time will prevent you from taking any damage.

B.(easy) run behind, equip your ranged weapon and shoot it while it does the slice/groundslam.

Repeat regular pattern.

If it does the floor tile attack, just run away from glowing tiles and run as far away from Humilias as possible.

When it splits, run away from it and pay attention to the part that's NOT the drill. Just keep running sideways and it will miss you when it tries to fly into you, then do an evasion roll to avoid it's shots. When the drill beeps face the drill instead and get ready to evade roll it.

That's pretty much all. I've been able to take it down on H and SH without getting hit more than 5 times. Most of the times was when it splits into two, which isn't super-heavy damage.

The Artist Formerly Known As... Something Else SammaeltheDark's Avatar

One little trick that I use that hasn't been mentioned yet:
    When he kneels to do his ground pound, you can stand by his foot that is furthest away from him and safely hit it without getting hit by the pound.

It should also be noted that on SH he has Blue tiles which freeze you and he seems to spend more time split apart. I had to dodge about 5 warp atks and 2 ground atks from that combo before they joined up again.

Also, if your timing is off on the dodge roll when he does the ground stab and you're near him it can result in a 1 shot. Happened to my 90 HUcast with 840+ hp. Overall, the worst thing that can happen to you is slow or being frozen. I was lucky enough to be able to leave the blue tiles before they fired off the atk (the NPCs not so lucky). If you have something that negates slow (as I do) this fight will require a few healing items for unlucky tiles that leave you in front of him. Also, a few times I have had the entire field covered in red or blue squares and the timing in which they went off seemed to be staggered... that or him moving over a tile that was already of a certain color negated the move?
    Me fail english? That's unpossible!
    Your image was removed because both signature images combined exceeded 180 pixels in height, which is the signature height limit.

I am a HUcast to know what you are take the quiz here.

Let's not ever forget his dastardly suicide run. Even IF you beat him your not safe. I've heard quite a few horror stories regarding this.

Bleh, such a dick move. Makes it hard to like Reve knowing he was piloting the damn thing.
    Illustrator! Pixel Artist!:

id say use spam attacks that attack several times(rifle PAs or gibarta/megid) because this may cause him to kneel which allows bright sign or overend to destroy him and cause him to kneel again for more punishment. this may not be possible to do on SH because i never tried it but i have been able to get him to kneel down on Normal and Hard.

btw:he has about 5 hittable points when kneel so yea, use multi targeting attacks for uber damage.
    Last edited by Scissors61; Dec 7, 2009 at 11:36 PM.
    PSZero
    FC:3180-6323-8156
    HuCast Scissors61 Defence Tank , FoNewearl Cait Gimegid Spamer
    PSOnline1/2
    RaCast SD-61R Frozen Sniper, HuNewearl Laura Boosted Hitter
    currently ravaging Paru like a monster for a chance at a Vangaurd.

Quote Originally Posted by Scissors61 View Post
    [ . . . ] and cause him to kneel again for more punishment.
    It's like he's saying "Thank you Ma'am, may I please have another?"
    belladonna5012 on the official forums.
    PS0: Katherine (HUmarl 89), FOcaseal (RAcaseal 13), Dreck (HUcaseal 57)
    Offering me free stuff will not convince me to be your Internet Girlfriend.

there were so many numbers that popped out when i bright signed him when he was kneeling, beat him in like 20 seconds XD
    PSZero
    FC:3180-6323-8156
    HuCast Scissors61 Defence Tank , FoNewearl Cait Gimegid Spamer
    PSOnline1/2
    RaCast SD-61R Frozen Sniper, HuNewearl Laura Boosted Hitter
    currently ravaging Paru like a monster for a chance at a Vangaurd.

Senior Arks Member..? SquashDemon's Avatar
    I came from Ragol, and all the not-sense that makes with it.

Oh, on the subject of the gloor tiles, KEEP YOUR DAMN CAMERA ON HUMILIAS.

He has 9 times out of ten, started shooting at me before the tiles even activate, and dodging his shots at range is a tad bit more difficult than when you're within jumping distance of his legs.

In one such instance he managed to chain-attack me to death: Freeze Cannon + Tiles Hit + Chaos Cannon + Milias Breaker for the final Coup de Gras.

Which was really a big middle finger to me, since I had like 5 HP or so before his last attack.

So yeah, don't take your eyes off him.
    Episode III for Life.