Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 12/8 Update

Downloaded the CAST set...

Quote Originally Posted by BioWarrior View Post
    Probable not ALL of it. But you can probable thank the people who used gaurdians cash in jp psu. Then again we do have online for free... Supose it's an even trade
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    Yes. Though we've known that there will be / could be download items that are not be free. However, missions and any updates to the game's system (in the case that there are) are free of charge.

Edit: By "Yes," I mean that there will be items you can buy with real money but there will be some free items as well.

Just when I thought Sonic Team was doing it right.
    I'll be so pissed off If I have to pay for the clothes I like.

I though some content was free and some one was not, and that could include clothes and/or missions, being a PSU subscriber I think it's a fair trade, we pay for content, in PSU we pay each month for not so good content most of the months lol

Quote Originally Posted by landman View Post
    I though some content was free and some one was not, and that could include clothes and/or missions, being a PSU subscriber I think it's a fair trade, we pay for content, in PSU we pay each month for not so good content most of the months lol
    Well I agree with you in there.
    I prefer paying the money I have for content I can have immediately, rather than paying a subscription to a server that updates every 6 months.

The thing that bothers me is that, this things always work wrong in the US/America.
    If Sonic Team of America decides not to make this game online (it can happen, knowing the past issues) we will have most of the new clothes left of.

PSO2 & PSPortable2 Addict Amherst_Wind's Avatar

All the DLC items will be entirely new to the game, as in they don't even exist in the data. None of this paying for a 2kb unlock key for data that exists in the game that you see everywhere else, so as far as I'm concerned its a viable thing to pay for if the developers are still working on and creating the content.
    - - - - - - - PS Zero: Anna - - - - - -|- - - - - PS Portable: Amherst - - - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Amherst_Wind View Post
    All the DLC items will be entirely new to the game, as in they don't even exist in the data. None of this paying for a 2kb unlock key for data that exists in the game that you see everywhere else, so as far as I'm concerned its a viable thing to pay for if the developers are still working on and creating the content.
    It's like taxes should work.

Sonic Team is provably testing this, and I think it could work, making a new console online game, with no subscription but with content released periodically, all the ones who paid the PSU subscription would pay for the new content, and if that new content was new stages with more items other players hooked to the game would also buy, in the end it would be cheaper for players and the game could have a lot larger population (and more profit for sega)

Quote Originally Posted by landman View Post
    Sonic Team is provably testing this, and I think it could work, making a new console online game, with no subscription but with content released periodically, all the ones who paid the PSU subscription would pay for the new content, and if that new content was new stages with more items other players hooked to the game would also buy, in the end it would be cheaper for players and the game could have a lot larger population (and more profit for sega)
    I totally agree with you in ever sentence.
    I just hope that the content that costs real money is only for the looks and that has no game play influence whatsoever.

I hope it doesn't have a time limit as most games that work like this.

Quote Originally Posted by ChaosAngel92 View Post
    I just hope that the content that costs real money is only for the looks and that has no game play influence whatsoever.
    They won't. Sakai has said so on the official blog. The items you can purchase will be some neat little things but nothing game breaking. He said that the power of downloadable items would be about that of B-rank.

So, basicly... Buying things that make you weaker? That's a first!

Not that I mind, hey, if it looks cool, use it.