Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Why would you use forces? they don't got much advantage later on in the game...The rely on other players and tp like crazy... they can't fight... all the classes can learn all the magic later on in the game... so anyone have the same thoughts?

Higher level magic faster, magic does more damage, and a small amount of respect. Some people see that you chose a class that has more disadvantages than advantages, and admire that you actually took the time to get far. Actually, I just chose a force because I always pick the magic-using class in things like this, and I'm too stubborn to change my ways. Who knows, now that I'll prolly have to start over again, I may pick another class this time, though I doubt it.

Oh yeah did anyone notice that hunters are incredibily strong in almost everysingle way?

like with spread needle do you really need a ranger? and with a sword they can do just about or more damage than force and magic... I don't understand why it was allgood when only rangers can use shotguns and suddenly spread needle poped up... and magic I find dissapointing... since all the classes can learn all the magic.. what is the force there for other in faster learn rate? I love to see why all the game have all these unbalance features.. always the first character (which is hunter) is the strongest...

Well, I do think the game is a bit unbalanced, but that really can't be changed. If we're gonna talk about that, I think that hunters/rangers should have one of two limits on their magic. Either:

A) No techniques above level 8. This still allows for decent magic, more than enough to heal, etc, and enough to support the occasional time or two you need magic.

B) Only basic magic (foie, barta, zonde), support magic, and heal magic. This leaves the nice area-effect spells to forces, leaving them not quite as obsolete, and allows more than enough support magic to make playing without a force fine too.

Then again, we can't see either of these, so there's really no point in it, lol. Maybe they'll balance it out a bit in PSO2.

(edit: Typo's, my bad)

<font size=1>[ This message was edited by: KarnaJ on 2001-03-03 14:16 ]</font>

Yeah I wished that happened and hunters go back to their stupid swords and leave the shotgun.. I know it might sound selfish, but come on a special weapon for ranger suddenly a superior version comes out and hunters can use it too... what the heck is that? and its not unique in the list that I saw on the site...

Much like Karnaj, I almost always choose the magic user in any game. While I would like to see some of the limitations on magic that he mentioned for other classes, I still enjoy the game immensely playing with friends as the only Force. Basically, I act as air support for them. While all of them can cast the spells I can, none of them can do it for a sustained period of time due to the fact that they don't have the TP to do it all the time. I, on the other hand can circle the enemies just raining hard spells on them. I also have more buttons to program as spells as I don't need to have normal, hard, and special attacks with my weapons.

I dont understand where your getting at.... My Force is lv 86 and not only is my mst nearly maxed out (630) but my ATP with shifta is 900+.... hmmm why would u need a hunter then??

high lvl forces are very powerfull, and dont need anyone to rely on, ive met up with a few and played and can see it. also as a ranger i cant learn megid 12 or higher same goes with a few other spells, ill never get the full power out of them. and having a force cast helpfull spells on you and healing you all the time is a great help.

I have the worst hang over.

I have more to say. When u make proper adjustments to your force they are the best class in the game. Like dont have a mag with 150 mind or anything cause at higher lvs your mst will max out. So what u do is make a mag with high pow and def. When i get to lv 100 my ATP will be pretty close if not 999 and my MST will be at max. Now i wont be using canes or wands because their ATP is too low. So with maxed out magic and ATP as high as that i see there is no use for Hunters....