Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Problems with ATA

So I've just started playing PSP2 and one thing that has been rather frustrating is hitting 95% 0's.

I am using a lvl 65 female beast hunter and every time I try to fight monsters lvl 100+ I hit 90%+ 0's when approaching from the front/side.

Is ATA an issue later in the game? Because even with the highest ATA I can obtain I'm hitting at least 85% 0's on everything except for the Shark creatures (which have almost no EVP).

I'm using four +10 ATA Slot units and the highest melee PA ATA modifier I have which is that new double saber PA (126%) along with Yohmei Double Sabers. This setup probably has ATA equivalent to a level 100 Hunter FBeast with Tenora weapons, other slot units and other PA's. I'd hate to still see that many 0's after spending that much time leveling my beast.

Tips please! Besides the obvious of "lvl to X before fighting lvl Y monsters". Also, approaching from behind does not work as well as it does in AOI. In AOI monsters would actually flinch to attacks. Now they just turn around through any non-knockupdownback attacks. Perhaps Sakai designed it so you're forced to use high ATA weapons and PA's against certain monsters. However if this ATA trend continues, I'm thinking it might be better to use a different race...
    Last edited by Deragonite; Dec 9, 2009 at 06:42 AM.

PSO Assassin

Yeah, I'm having the same problems with my male beast of roughly the same level. I played my first A rank mission in Moatoob last night and it was embarrassing. Not only could I not hit anything but the Digas were knocking me out cold. I know I'm not fully optimized but I really didn't expect to be so weak. I think it's just that this game forces you to play more according to your level.

Well, what's your ATA with all that stuff?

At 500 ATA (after PA) I sure never miss 120 or under stuff, except those savage wolfs.

Currently 108 and having around a 70% accuracy rate on 140 mobs, of course I'm a caseal...maybe you should have stuck to your roots!

Also go kill Duga Dunga 5x, free solid hit, that's 5 more ATA!

Incidentally I just hit hunter 21, and got 9 ATA, hopefully that trend continues because the 0-2 ata for type levels was ridiculous. That would probably solve most ATA problems...
    Last edited by Ceresa; Dec 9, 2009 at 04:22 PM.

That sounds about right. I had to be careful with early game ranged attacks, on the lower end weapons, as a Human Ranger, no less. I'm hitting stuff a lot more, but I think this is probably a sign that ST is paying more attention to ATA since lack of ATA significance has been a common issue for them before. I still can't tell you what the end-game will bring.

Quote Originally Posted by Ceresa View Post
    Well, what's your ATA with all that stuff?

At 500 ATA (after PA) I sure never miss 120 or under stuff, except those savage wolfs.

Currently 108 and having around a 70% accuracy rate on 140 mobs, of course I'm a caseal...maybe you should have stuck to your roots!

Also go kill Duga Dunga 5x, free solid hit, that's 5 more ATA!

Incidentally I just hit hunter 21, and got 9 ATA, hopefully that trend continues because the 0-2 ata for type levels was ridiculous. That would probably solve most ATA problems...
    I have 405 ATA with all that stuff.

Umm, what is a Duga Dunga? I'm sorry but I can't read Japanese . Is that the UFO or the weird twin monsters on Neudaiz or something else?

And thanks everyone for the responses . I think I will stick with my beast and see how well she works later.

It's the reol reskin on moa. You could also level ranger to 2 and get the 15 ata ability as well...

It's good to hear that beasts might not be as OP as they were in the demo; then again, the same thing happened on AOI with lower level missions since ATA took less of an effect there.
    #1 International MAG+ TA Champion in PSU. Co-Founder of Royalz

PSO2 & PSPortable2 Addict Amherst_Wind's Avatar

I should think you would be missing a lot when trying to fight enemies nearly twice your level, in fact I'd say if you weren't missing that often there would be a problem.
    - - - - - - - PS Zero: Anna - - - - - -|- - - - - PS Portable: Amherst - - - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Amherst_Wind View Post
    I should think you would be missing a lot when trying to fight enemies nearly twice your level, in fact I'd say if you weren't missing that often there would be a problem.
    This. I kind of asked myself "so, what's the problem?" when I read "I'm level 65 and I can't hit enemies level 100+." It seems VERY logical that you wouldn't be able to hit them.

To Ceresa:
    I found a +15 ATA unit at that relics mission on Parum . Thanks for the tip to level Ranger to 2. I think I'll do that after finals.

To the other Amerthst and Dawn :

Quote Originally Posted by Deragonite View Post
    Tips please! Besides the obvious of "lvl to X before fighting lvl Y monsters".
    Behind the 0's should be simple formulas for ATA and EVP. My concern is that even when I am at level 100 vs level 100 monsters, I will be hitting lots of 0's unless I overhaul ATA like I am now. It seems that in this game, unless you hit certain thresholds for ATA, you will be hitting a lot of 0's.

On a side note, I just cleared Story mode and got a big blue ball circle Aura ! Edit: Nvm I checked my vision phone and got the dark wings
    Last edited by Deragonite; Dec 9, 2009 at 10:17 PM.