Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

All 3 wings are title rewards from the 3 endings

Normal = darkness, good = whitill, true = crimson

PSO2 & PSPortable2 Addict Amherst_Wind's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Deragonite View Post
    Behind the 0's should be simple formulas for ATA and EVP. My concern is that even when I am at level 100 vs level 100 monsters, I will be hitting lots of 0's unless I overhaul ATA like I am now. It seems that in this game, unless you hit certain thresholds for ATA, you will be hitting a lot of 0's.
    I'm really having trouble with your logic here... you think that because you are missing when hitting enemies nearly twice your level, when you reach their level you will still be missing?? I just dont get your thinking. You're probably doing less damage at the moment, do you expect to still be doing less damage when you reach their level? Do you understand what levelling up, as a concept, means?

and its all well and good saying "tips besides level to fight monsters" but that is the answer your looking for you know...
    - - - - - - - PS Zero: Anna - - - - - -|- - - - - PS Portable: Amherst - - - - -

PsP1 was way too easy with some problem due to limitation.

It's good to see that it's now a lot harder to kill monsters at a level superior to our.
    But I hope it's not so hard that taking out monsters at the same level is also very hard.

Is ATA affecting forces and their TP attacks ? (if someone knows)

Quote Originally Posted by sandylecuistot View Post
    Is ATA affecting forces and their TP attacks ? (if someone knows)
    Still no. Techs work exactly the same way as they did in PSU as far as damage is concerned.

Seems someone is really gonna make a Force !

I remember beasts missing a lot in PSU AoI...
    There's no point in having a lot of strengh if it always miss and if we have to raise tons of ATA only, for a beast, it looses his strengh advantage (probably...)

They did, but only to a point. Towards the later game, nobody missed, making Beasts one of the best choices in the game. That was ultimately the issue with ATA.

Don't forget that we're talking about ATA issues when fighting an enemy who's double your level. In PSU, we were talking about fighting an enemy who's at most 5 levels higher than your character, so it's really hard for me to make a call on whether or not their was a dramatic shift in the usefulness of ATA to hunters. I really want to say that ST would try to give Beasts an edge as hunter when fighting enemies within 5-10 levels of your character, more so with the right gear, class levels, etc.

True. And it goes both ways. One thing I've noticed is that even a Human Ranger at level 22, already can fight in plenty of C-grade locations where mobs just can't hit them for damage. That's a pretty neat difference from what I've experienced before. I normally had to be much higher in character and class levels before that could happen.

To update on my experience with ATA:

As soon as I could equip S-rank weapons (level 70) I had little to no trouble with 0's! I don't know if it's because my ATA hit a certain number, or if it was because 70 is a magic number, or if it's because of the rank of the weapon, but regardless using S-ranks at level 70 helps a lot with ATA issues.

However I still die to stun in every other mission that has stun. Or I die in 1 hit .

yup. weapon is the way to go, they want to force players to start using A rank when you face lv 70 enemy, and use S rank when you fight lv 100+ enemy. (my Twin DB sabers take care everything for me, because it has S rank status in A rank form with A rank cheap grind, cheap extend point)

1 upper tier star of the weapon will give you around 20-30 ata added. which worth a lot

but another tip that really help me is "RA skill + 30 ATA"

change to Ra to get access to that skill, and change it back to use it in whatever type you play. This will help you reduce the need to use high rank weapon.

For the SE effect : try to get resist unit.

For die in 1 hit : well play online with me so I can moon you.

(all this is no need if you have level equal to enemy, I just suggest this for people who have no time and wanna beat A rank mission with low level char...)
    Last edited by Arika; Dec 11, 2009 at 02:39 AM.

"ARIKAー戦隊, 参上!!" (click it!)
    Arika     @US server | Arika-chan @JP server