Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default [PSA] Beware of what you read!

Id like to be the first to say that a lot, if not 40% or maybe more of the people on this forum are typing before they play. I've noticed COUNTLESS people giving incorrect opinions (Its not an oxymoron) such as Pure Def on a Hunewearl or switching mags to defense to get hit for less when they find a strong enemy.. and are a hunewearl. Simply, these things are incorrect and people need to beware what they read even on an information giant forum like PSO-World.

I encourage all of you to try out your own builds, try things out for yourself before you willy nilly trust things that you read on any forum, not just PSOW, otherwise you could very well be lead astray, be under powered and it could be detrimental to your overall experience of PSZero, or any other game for that matter.

You see, the fun in a game is doing things yourself, being able to say "I got that." "I found this." "I achieved this" and not "I made this, I read it here, isnt it great?" Free will, take it from me, aswell as experimentation can lead to a lot more satisfying results. Being your own person, doing your own research and learning from your own experiences also makes those experiences more set in stone in your mind. Your information, your knowledge will be more yours. Experiences tend to give the most pure form of knowledge possible, so I encourage everyone to walk that path before they take the stride and resort to someone else's.

Also, this helps the community as well. If everyone is willing to do their own research, and have their own experiences then they can in turn contribute much more to the knowledge pool. I think that in this age, expecially when it comes to PSO, people are do demanding when it comes to information being available to them. Imagine how good the person that discovered this or wrote this article or shared this with the world feels? Or that person who got that item themselves, and had the excitement of their heart dropping to the pit of their stomach when they found it had amazing percents? People are fed from a silver spoon. It's worrying to the age of knowledge to present life in such a manner, but I would be a hypocrite if I held back the truth.

So in short, I urge you to please, before you take someones word for it, or find a sink of knowledge on the internet, please try it for yourself. Do your own research, and experience the game(s) first hand. Your knowledge will be much fresher, pure, and in turn make you a better player.

Disclaimer: This is all opinion. None of this is fact, even if it sounds fact. Though I urge people to adapt to this point of view. I think it would be beneficial for us all, and this website, if we all contributed.

But I just starded playing ps0... ^o^

I'm too stupid to read the manual or read the already existing help/info threads... i'm just gonna to CLICK MAKE NEW THREADS!!! HI IM NEW XD 50 NOOB QUESTIONS please feed me with your bullshit I will eat all of it. OM NOM NOM :P :P :P

Mmmm there are truths to your words (I abit wary cos of your attidute in the past topics but I let that slide for the time being since you seen genuine for this topic) I mean I fully aware that people have been saying that Dagger, Double swords or Claw are the best weapons for hunter but even still my Hucast is level 82 and I still favour Spear above all. I find spear useful since they abit like sword but quicker since the sword are slow to used. I love spaming Speed rain against a group of hostile bunch up together and it was useful against the Chaos & Mobius boss (speed rain came in handy when they went to the center and started to spin and shoot)
    Now don't get me wrong when I started playing PSZ I did had a small go with all the weapons and I just favour the spears from the rest. I will have another try using dagger, double and in your case the claw as well but at the moment I leveling up my other two characters (and beside I need to find a claw with bite stump first). Well either way I like to use spear unless you going to tell me otherwise which weapons I should be using.

this is pretty much a PSA on common sense.

waste of a post imo, but I guess it helps for people who have never been on VG Forums before.

Whatever I tell you should not faulter your own opinions and beliefs relating to YOUR EXPERIENCE with what you like best. I will forever say that what I don't like is bad, and what I like is efficient and correct but that in absolutely no way should interfere with good players, who play the way they want and adapt to their own fighting and playing style.

Although this was MORE directed at the overall exploration of the game, learning about it, not just discovering your materialistic comfort zone. This thread, and my PSA is supposed to target the people who insist on 1. Giving out incorrect information, 2. The people who read it and think it is correct. 3. The people who trust the internet too much, and become zombies who only ever read walkthroughs.

I can assure you there is much more to the video game world than instructions.

well it's not like you're impacting anyone much with this thread anyway. Like I said, maybe to some randoms who have never played MMOs or been on VG forums, this is helpful, but it's otherwise just you spouting out old news. Don't make such a big deal out of it, no one's going to read this anyway.

Please stop spamming my thread. If you do not have anything to offer do not post here. I'm tired of seeing only spam replied to this thread. What I say is genuine, and absolutely does not deserve your negative attitude. If you don't like it, and think it's useless, then don't post here for the +1. I don't care, frankly, if you think this is the biggest waste of time to ever be written since the bible. I THINK that since I took the time to make this well known anyone with the ability to process that DOING THINGS yourself is more satisfying would understand how true it is.

So kindly stop being negative. Just because it does not impact you does not mean other people will not see this and regard it with appreciation or truth, as EVERYONE OTHER THAN YOU HAS.

k, I'm just saying to stop treating this like it's the new sticky.

(I'll lol if this does get stickied though)

edit: VVVV LOL
    Last edited by Bearissoslow; Dec 12, 2009 at 03:56 PM.

Cool, the first post that I've seen by you that hasn't made me rage

Quote Originally Posted by Epically Leet View Post
    Don't take dumps in public restrooms. When you least expect it, something'll come up from the toilet and bite you in the butt.