Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Melee FOmar

Default Melee FOmar

Anybody have tips, going to delete my HUnewm and make one. I got a bank full of mats and a decent mag for him to start with and some weapons.

What should I make his other strengh besides power? Defense or EVP or Magic?

I figure giving him Mats 20 Evade 20 Hit 30 Defense and a 50 power and a similar setup on a Mag.
    Good idea or should I set him up differently?
    PS Zero FC: 4941 5533 9743

HUmans all the way baby!!!

Well, I'm not going to recommend an ATP based FOmar because MST Melee FOs will be doing much more damage than ATP based ones as force weapons' melee samage is based on MST, but if you already have that in mind and choose to be ATP based then I unfortunately cannot really help as I don't know any semi-effective way to build that type of character.

Quote Originally Posted by Epically Leet View Post
    Don't take dumps in public restrooms. When you least expect it, something'll come up from the toilet and bite you in the butt.

Oddly enough FOmars can use some really good melee weapons. like Luzparias, Emperor Axeon and Clair Doubles.
    PSZ Info
    Nickname: Ja'Zoo Race/job: RAmar Lv91 Alt: FOnewm Lv79
    F/C: 1462-6294-4164

Legend of Diettre Xren rickfrior's Avatar

This is only my opinion but in my case, I had two Mags that focus on either ATP or MST.
    So if I want to use melee weapons, I'd simply switch my Mag, and for MST, more so.
    Oh, also, plan your Action Palette!!

I just beat the dragon with a lvl 4 Fomar and a fully grinded cutlas, so far he is looking good. I have a really buffed Luzparias for when he gets strong enough. I havent fed him anything yet until I get some advise fror you guys on what what to boost. As far as mags, I will make a magic only mag and am working on a 10H 10M 35D 55P for just melee purposes.
    It helps that I have a divine HP to keep him from getting 1 shotted.

It's dangerous to go alone! Take this. http://www.pso-world.com/forums/show...22&postcount=6
    belladonna5012 on the official forums.
    PS0: Katherine (HUmarl 89), FOcaseal (RAcaseal 13), Dreck (HUcaseal 57)
    Offering me free stuff will not convince me to be your Internet Girlfriend.

Sweetnes, Thanks Allison for the link and GHNeko for doing all the work. So all Power Mats will get his ATP over 1000 with some help from some other Items.

I had a meleeFomar in PSO with a red Saber and 3 God Powers 1 God Defence. He was pretty good. So I am trying to rebuild him but in this game.

Is there a MST Based sword in this game. I remember there was one in PSO but I do not remember the name
    Last edited by Ice_ryu; Dec 15, 2009 at 12:30 PM.

All power mats, an all-power mag, a full set of Divine/Power units (though I just posted recommending possibly switching out one Divine/Power for an Element Boost), and a fully ground Clair Doubles. That's not a small commitment.

Also, its HP/DFP isn't any better than an all-mind FOmar, and the ATA is, uh, lacking. 448 at level 100, where 550+ is what I generally hear quoted as the recommendation for SH. I'm not sure how much tier 3 Shifta boosts ATA--what is it, +30% to base+mats ATA (in the FOmar's case, a base of 203)? Because if it is, that'd get you to 508 or 509. I think third-tier Zalure applies a -20% penalty to the enemy's EVP, though, which might be enough to see you get by--and of course accuracy is not an issue with bosses.

But, of course, GHNeko's suggested build is just an example, and you can tweak it to fit your needs. If you need more HP, I'd recommend dropping some ATP mats for HP mats before dropping Divine/Powers for Divine/HPs, because dropping ATP mats for HP mats gives you +2 HP for every -1 ATP, whereas dropping Divine/Powers for Divine/HPs only gives you +1 HP for every -1 ATP. Even after accounting for the fact that Shifta multiplies ATP gained from mats but not ATP gained from weapons/mags/units, assuming a boost of +30%, it's still +2 HP:-1.3 ATP compared to +1 HP:-1 ATP.
    Last edited by Allison_W; Dec 15, 2009 at 12:41 PM.

Yeah, for starters I think I might go with 50 MSt and 50 APT Mats so I can switch between Sword and Wand depending on Role (support Versus attack)
    Thnking of carrying 3 mags
    10ATA 10MST 35DFP 55ATP and 30/70-ATA/ATP a 100MST MAG and relying heavily on Shifta and Deband.
    The good thing about this game is that if your build fail you can always feed a Reset Mat.

If you're serious about the melee FOmar thing, I'm not sure I'd recommend an MST/ATP split--probably either pure ATP or HP/ATP.

Also, in my ATA calculations, another thing that would help is if you could get Clair Doubles with an accuracy adjustment--depending upon how high an adjustment you get, it could add up to 50 ATA, potentially getting you to 558 or 559 ATA after Shifta. That would be sufficient.