Default Offline Frozen Woods Story Mode question

Hey guys,

I just started playing PSU again after months. I linked my weapons up with fire elements but it still won't melt the ice and i'm in Chapter 10. This is on the Frozen Woods quest on Neudaiz I believe.

I searched and searched everywhere but even the walkthrus i saw didn't mention it at all but i'm sure i missed it somewhere.

I know i definitely am forgetting something after all this time not playing, any help for this long time Phantasy Star fan (who just got a pretty nice copy of Phantasy Star III with Instructions after not having it for over a decade and I never had instrutctions) would be so greatly appreciated. As soon as i'm done this mode i'm heading online for the first time since Blue Burst first time on a console since PSO Ep 1 and 2 and playing all those old ones since Dreamcast, I'm liking being able to pick it up again.

If you're on the mission I think you are, you should be using the photon reflector Maya gave you to be purifying the SEED zomas by locating photon hot spots with your goggles then standing on them and firing the photon reflector. Your weapons and their elements have no effect on the environment.