Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Question Young FOmarl needing suggestions for mag and more

Hello, I am looking for some (hopefully) educated opinions on raising my FOmarl and her mag.

Should I be using a straight up all ATA mag? Or something with a decent amount of MST?

Right now my FOmarl is level 30 and unlocked hard mode without any trouble but now can't hit well enough to actually do anything in hard mode.

Her current weapon is the slicer: Ray Fin.

So far the only mats I've eaten are 5 mind mats (I'm planning on getting some more next time the sewer stocks them).

Take it into the long term. By the time you reach S.Hard, you need a minimum of 550 ATA to have an "acceptable" accuracy rate on online hostiles. At Level 60, FOmarls have a base ATA of 197. Let's start making assumptions from there for a reasonably normal player.

Taking a gander at the Slicer chart, you'll probably have your hands on some sort of slicer with at least 160 ATA, either by finding a 6* one or a lower one with Acc Adj. Let's also assume you're wearing 4s armor, with each slot equipped with Hero/Hit for another 36 ATA. Finally, assume you have a finished, pure, ATA mag, adding an additional 100 ATA to your grand total.

Totaling up the numbers, you'll have 493 ATA. If instead you manage to get your hands on some Divine/Hits, the total will instead be 517. Using a Rod instead of slicers for meleeing will get you about another 20 ATA when put on the same scale that I weighed the slicers on.

Generally, you want to save your mats for ATP/MST ones, since unlike the boosts from other sources, MST gains added through materials will scale with a Shifta buff. I could have sworn I ended up with a higher ATA total when number crunching yesterday, but this should provide an adequate starting point for your considerations.
    Last edited by Volta; Dec 24, 2009 at 02:33 AM.

i roll with a lvl 55 fomarl.

slicer for status effects, not very good but can gain some pp or exp.
    mat= mst
    mag= hit/mst
    units= mix as needed mst/hit

i dont use armor under 3 slots. at lvl 55 i have a maxed out mag at 20 ata and rest mst. i miss about 1/3rd of the time with a sky survey slicer on hard. super hard will take a new mag and units to hit. if im playing as a support then i use a rod for the mst bonus. i havent yet found the elemental bonuses for wands to be better than the mst boost from a high end rod, unless in missing something. if im soloing or offline, fluids and pipes will be guzzled. hope this helps.

I have a lvl 62 FOmarl.
    Personally, I prefer slicers over rods, so I don't have to worry about defense as much.

Part of this comes down to whether you will use a weapon more or tech more.
    Remember that while mags can be switched out, materials are somewhat permanent. Boost what you think is absolutely necessary with materials. Then you can raise mags for a specific purpose. ex. a mag focused on tech, a mag for accuracy, and maybe a mag that's even between the two.

I've noticed yesterday that playing super hard online when I was lvl 60 was easier when I teched most of the time and used my slicer a bit. I haven't used many material yet and I was using a p0, g36, h31, m33 mag. My slicer did damage in the 40-60 range with/without shifta while my techs did somewhere around 120-140 with/without shifta. Techs don't depend on accuracy but at the same time slicers depend on tech, not atp.

So even if you manage to hit the hostile, it doesn't mean much if you can't inflict much damage. You are a FO, after all, might as well take advantage of your tech abilities.

If you want to ask FO players more, The Force Club, Forces of Nature, would be happy to help. ^-^
    There's a thread in this part of the forum and we're also under the groups section.
    "Siiiigh. Really, I was always aware of the stupidity. But not that it could go this far. I mean mine, of course. And the fact that I am getting involved in all this." -Hakkai, Saiyuki Reload act xx burial -Gojyo and Hakkai's chapter [part three]

I am a FOmarl to know what you are take the quiz here.

If anyone wants proof that melee forces are better than tech forces, just party with me once. I'l convince you.

Actually this is a good question... how much ATA would you need on a force to use slicers effectively? I want to use slicers but frown at the ATA forces get.

Quote Originally Posted by ブルーベリー View Post
    Dont use hit units. lol.
    Then from what source do you propose FOmarls get the necessary ATA from?

Quote Originally Posted by Para View Post
    Actually this is a good question... how much ATA would you need on a force to use slicers effectively? I want to use slicers but frown at the ATA forces get.
    Just like Volta's stated, about 550 ATA on SH and you'll be able to hit all your weak attacks. You'll still miss a few times if your start with a hard hit.

Quote Originally Posted by Volta View Post
    Take it into the long term. By the time you reach S.Hard, you need a minimum of 550 ATA to have an "acceptable" accuracy rate on online hostiles. At Level 60, FOmarls have a base ATA of 197.
    PSZ fc (cartridge 1): 4812 7217 6779 [HUcaseal lvl 100]
    PSZ fc (cartridge 2): 3824 8792 8188 [FOmar lvl 6x, Ramar 7x]