Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Bad Dirt Marvel View Post
    I'm not smoking anything. PSO was free to play until AFTER Version 2 came out.
    Did not know that.
    Quote Originally Posted by HAYABUSA-FMW- View Post
    More robots in Pokeyman.
    Robots that can only say their own names? Not bad huh?
    (might be selling the intelligence robots short though, even "HALT I AM REPTAR & THORG WANT EAT")

1. Continue free to play online. Some of you may hated the original PSO because of this. But IMO, it's better to just have a larger audience to play with (you get both the good AND bad folks to play with), than small amount of elitists run around 6+ months after the game release; and no soul to play with what-so-ever for an online game. More often than not, I run into interesting people to play with than not.

2. Sub quick menu.

3. Ability to move around while in menu screen.

4. Game lobby or better way to join/make random rooms.

5. Challenge Mode or more puzzles instead of straight forward, "hack everything that moves" gameplay.
    PSZ: DECOY! (HUcaseal)
    PSZ: Kelemvorite (RAmar)
    PSZ: Troubadour (FOnewmn)
    Friend Code: 3610 2919 6664

Quote Originally Posted by Bad Dirt Marvel View Post
    Wow. That was amazing. I listened to the whole song. lol
    So true though... >_>

Anyways. I really think a PSZ2 should be made for PSP. Same portability, free online, better character customization, better graphics, more buttons...

Yeah. I know about Phantasy Star Portable, but I like Zero's gameplay better. I like PSO way better than PSU.
    I hate to say this, but Phantasy Star needs to stay off of Nintendo systems. Friend codes are the worst thing ever.

I'm not interested in enough PSP games to buy one. Especially not with all the stupid decisions Sony has been making, such as releasing the PSP Go, a PSP with gimped controls that is download only and has no way to play the UMD games the older PSPs can while trying to support both platforms. And a PSP game would have the same problems getting a large audience in the US as the DS game. It would probably have an even tougher time considering the DS has a much larger marketshare than the PSP.

5414 0106 1003
    Lv93 HUcast - Thanatos | Lv55 RAmar - Roland | Lv29 FOnewearl - Amberle

As much as I hate Friend Codes, I really am grateful for such an awesome game as PSZ being on the DS. I don't own anything but a DS and a Wii, so I would be really upset to see such as awesome game on something like the 360. Not so sure I could afford it. :/

A touch-screen quickbar to which recovery items and techniques, buffs, etc. could be assigned. (As a HUmarl, I wouldn't mind having Resta on the touch screen and mates on my palette, not one bit.)

Changing the X button from "interact" (which the A button already covers on a contextual basis) to Evasion when the R button is not held down and to Swap Weapon/Rotate Camera when the R button is held down (use up and down on the D-pad to swap weapons and left and right on the D-pad to rotate the camera).

Scratching gender-based stats, equipment, and special modifiers (see: Force technique specializations and CAST trap allocation) and allowing optional specializations instead. For instance, instead of each race/gender combination for the Force class having predefined technique modifiers, allowing the player to choose Elementalist (FOmar mods), Nuker (FOnewm mods), Light Healer (FOmarl mods), and Dark Healer (FOnewearl mods) independently. Or allowing CAST characters to pick their two favourite traps--though that would work better if it weren't a clearly ascending suck scale in the order of Heal, Heat, Freeze, and Confuse.

Fist weapons that don't suck and that actually use the unarmed attack animations instead of boxing-glove daggers.

Changing weapon ATA to work like it does in PSO (a small bonus based more on the type of weapon than its rank) instead of the way it does in PSU and PS0 (a steadily rising, indispensable bonus).

Changing ranged weapons to use total ATA (from base stats, mats, mag, units, and weapon) and weapon ATP (not ATP from base stats, mats, mag, or units) for damage. If Shifta efficacy is a concern and it would be too much for Shifta to provide a boost to base/mat ATA, then perhaps do it more like PSP2 with ranged weapon damage being more ATA and partially ATP.

Having Force weapons use MST for their regular attack damage and providing a huge boost to technique damage was a nice experiment, but it makes attack techniques useless for anyone who doesn't normally use a Force weapon, and it makes striking weapons useless for Forces, even melee Forces. I'd change it back to the way it worked in PSO, with Force weapons providing a smaller MST bonus, granting special properties, and not using MST for melee, instead of being about raw power like in PS0. This would make Force weapons useful for characters focusing on offensive techniques or advanced support, striking weapons useful for Forces who like to smack things, and attack techniques still useful to characters who don't spend most of their time with a Force weapon equipped.

Put slicers back in the striking weapon category. Or in the ranged weapon category. One of the two.

Possibly adding Bravers, though newman Hunters and human Forces might honestly have this in the bag already, and CASTs being barred from techniques in the PSOverse complicates things a little (unless CAST Bravers were better with traps, and traps actually mattered).

Voice chat when playing with friends, seeing as the DS has a goddamn microphone. (Unless this would cause too much lag or something, I guess.) Actually, you know what, scratch that. I hate voice chat.
    belladonna5012 on the official forums.
    PS0: Katherine (HUmarl 89), FOcaseal (RAcaseal 13), Dreck (HUcaseal 57)
    Offering me free stuff will not convince me to be your Internet Girlfriend.

1. An onscreen keyboard for those of us who's DS handwriting sucks. >_>

2. Why oh why didn't PSZ have a hotkey...err tap thing for shortcuts or the ability to cast from the menu? Think dev's think...

3. Gi spells, one of the things I'd do all the time on my HUnewearl in PSO was cast Gifoie a few times then melee attack. If not for the damage then for the interputing of mobs...or to clear a room of weak mobs if I was lazy...

4. The return of (actual) Shotgun weapons. (PSO not PSU)

5. Weapon equips determined by stats not just class. Used to have my HUnewearl carry arround a few mechguns in PSO but can't even use the most basic mechguns in PS0? >_>

6. The return of special attacks. Those were great, why remove them?

7. Choices in dilalog actually affect the story line.

8. Lobbies (lobby 15, go go ball anyone? :P) and the removal of friend codes but that won't happen cause Nintendo likes hear us whine about them.

9. More customization/clothes

10. When creating a game from the lobby have the option to set a lvl restriction so people a certain lvl or higher/lower can't enter.

11. There's a crapload more but I don't feel like typing it as it won't make a difference anyway.
    "No amount of power can compete with speed you can't even touch"

I am a HUnewearl to know what you are take the quiz here.

Quote Originally Posted by Allison_W View Post
    Having Force weapons use MST for their regular attack damage and providing a huge boost to technique damage was a nice experiment, but it makes attack techniques useless for anyone who doesn't normally use a Force weapon, and it makes striking weapons useless for Forces, even melee Forces. I'd change it back to the way it worked in PSO, with Force weapons providing a smaller MST bonus, granting special properties, and not using MST for melee, instead of being about raw power like in PS0. This would make Force weapons useful for characters focusing on offensive techniques or advanced support, striking weapons useful for Forces who like to smack things, and attack techniques still useful to characters who don't spend most of their time with a Force weapon equipped.

Put slicers back in the striking weapon category. Or in the ranged weapon category. One of the two.
    I think using MST for regular attacks was a great idea.

Slicers were probably just put into the Force weapon category to balance the amount of stuff you can find to feed your mag.

i cant say anything that hasnt already been said just give me a console version i dont care what console if it was on 360 i would buy one even though i hate microsoft

i just want a bigger version yeah psz is a great game and fun to play in places i cant take a console but its still a handheld version meaning its been dumbed down to fit the ds and its hardware

if sega made a new phantasy star for a console and only used half the ideas listed so far it would still be amazing

edit and no more of this 3 character bullshit
    Quote Originally Posted by Broken_L_button View Post
    Erk...FO's. Stealing my kills with their fancy fairy sparkles. Be men and use your fists!
    Quote Originally Posted by Elly_Belly574 View Post
    i have a PSP but its being a douche
    Quote Originally Posted by Majarra View Post
    SEGA is run by monkeys.

Quote Originally Posted by Ogni-XR21 View Post
    I think using MST for regular attacks was a great idea.
    But can you say why? I supported my opinion that force weapons using MST for regular attacks wasn't a good idea in the end.

Quote Originally Posted by Ogni-XR21 View Post
    Slicers were probably just put into the Force weapon category to balance the amount of stuff you can find to feed your mag.
    For something like that I would have just slightly boosted the drop rate of ordinary wands and rods (so that striking weapons, ranged weapons, and Force weapons drop about equally often overall, even though they don't all have the same amount of weapon types or individual weapons).
    belladonna5012 on the official forums.
    PS0: Katherine (HUmarl 89), FOcaseal (RAcaseal 13), Dreck (HUcaseal 57)
    Offering me free stuff will not convince me to be your Internet Girlfriend.