Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: do u think

Default do u think

do u think that when psu dies the certain server host or any other will make a PSU private server?

The main private server has one for PSO why wouldnt they make one for psu.
    Last edited by Ryna; Jan 4, 2010 at 06:20 PM. Reason: Pirate server names are not allowed.

I am a HUcast to know what you are take the quiz here.

GT atombom360
    360 Twisted Dragon LV180 M CAST GM 20,Naomi LV180 F Beast FM 20
    JP Kiyomi F Human LV 23, Twisted Dragon M CAST LV 22

Chaos Bringer Destroyer D1ABOLIK's Avatar

I think its a given

No, we won't have one for various reasons that I can't explain in detail here.
    PSO2 - Ian: Level 90/90 Human Bouncer/Hunter

Quote Originally Posted by Kyrith_Ranger_Pso View Post
    do u think that when psu dies the certain server host or any other will make a PSU private server?
    I would I have more people who play my RYL server simultaneously than people who play this game. Unfortunately, taking in such a responsibility to a game that while patched to some degree still has cheats means that I'm always on Caernevaron looking for Cheater on both sides...

So I don't have much of a chance to enjoy the game than dealing with the server, database and other functions as well as the moderation group....So I play PSU and Guild Wars to have a break from all of that....including my job...

Its the reason why I'm up at odd hours and I can't make 1000s of post in this forum so I have to think about many things.
    PSO-2 Info: Ship: 2; ID: セツナヤキ; MCN: ケイリン
    "If you want a bridge between past, present, and future, search for the void and awaken it!"

Unless sega just gives us a public client for private PSU servers I doubt anyone is going to care enough to create one from scratch. From what I've heard the PSU server program is more complex than what PSO had.

It won't happen. The PSO server was easy to implement because so much was handled client side. Perhaps the hackers don't even have the crypto worked out for PSU. I've seen little to indicate that any of the PSU hacking is any more than people messing around with cheat engines.

Who knows? But i've been hearing rumours on the pso private server for months that they were attempting a PSU version, could just be hearsay but I'm sure someone will do it eventually, whether or not its known about by the masses of psu fans is another story..

Funny how the free server pso has a bigger community than the current PC/PS2 PSU lol, well ok its a shame but its just nice to see when a games taken out of segas hands and made free people love it :P

Tifa

The entire model of charging money for a subscription is something of a grand failure...It actually does economic damage to the gaming industry overall...I am going to paraphrase what the creators of the game guild wars said in regards to the subject:

"Subscription fees prevent online games from reaching their full potential. A gamer makes a choice of a marrying a game through a subscription fee and at the end of each month must make the choice to stay in or divorce the game for another. In such case leaving means the gamer loses everything. MMOs benefit from as many people joining the community as possible. The Gaming Industry benefits most from gamers immersing themselves in as many games as possible. A subscription fee forces a gamer to play one game within one genre at the cost of enjoying others. A gamer can play our game and pick up or put down anytime without fear of losing money if they don't continuously play. We don't feel a gamer under pressure from the start can realize their potential.

Developers suffer the most as such system means a developer will not make sales on a sequel due to players paying and working hard in their current game. Gamers do not want to pay for multiple games simultaneously nor should they have to. Our guarantee is to deliver games without subscription fees and deliver the best experience as possible.
    If Phantasy Star Universe was free to play, I would be a lot happier....because it means I don't have to make a hurtful choice whether I should renew or not each time my subscription runs out.

Some claim that it is selfishness to not renew and assist the community. True selfishness is supporting a system where you must sacrifice exposing yourself to many games in favor of exposing yourself to one simply because you are paying for it and making the excuse you shouldn't have to play other games because you pay for one....

One game does not make the gaming industry. The more games you play, the more income it generates for the industry and the more memories and gaming experiences you acquire...^_^

If every MMO game was free to play online, you would see true competition. Companies would have to actually make good updates and good content and they would have to fight with each other for you to continually playing, but each gamer out there would be able to play 4 - 5 different MMOs easilly without having to spend a small fortune each month...and that would be great than feeling elite along with a placebo effect in belief that paying money to subscribe to a game makes a game good when it actually does more harm than good.
    PSO-2 Info: Ship: 2; ID: セツナヤキ; MCN: ケイリン
    "If you want a bridge between past, present, and future, search for the void and awaken it!"