Page 85 of 463 FirstFirst ... 35758283848586878895135185 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Pavichokche View Post
    I just really hope that you don't need the newest [Sony] firmware to access the [infrastructure] multimode...
    There was a firmware update recently, my PSP prompted me for it as soon as I tried accessing online mode. I'm pretty sure you need the latest version of firmware to play online (assuming we're talking OFW, I know nothing about CFW).

HUnewearl power since 2003. NGS Official Creator (SectionSkyly)

Quote Originally Posted by Neith View Post
    I'm pretty sure you need the latest version of firmware to play online.
    You do. PSP2 and a number of other games route login and authorization through the PSN and the PSN requires you to have the latest firmware in able to log in.

GOD DAMN IT !!! Well then, I guess I am relying on a CFW work-around, since I'm not ruining my PSP by updating its OWF... Thanks guys
    PSPo2 Characters:
    Re-l Mayer (lv 95 RAnewarl) || Hiyori (lv 100 VAbearl)
    Vincent Law (lv 99 HUmar) || Daedalus (lv 92 FOnewar)
    Dante Alighieri (lv 102 VAcast) || Eris (lv 90 RAcaseal)

Don't expect more than 500k copies shipped for Europe and USA, any more than that, it would sell better than Grand Theft Auto.
    MonHan Unite is estimated to have shipped about 700k, so I think PSPo2 will do half that at best.

Honestly though, you're not going to see many people playing this online. Within a couple of months I expect PSOBB's Private Server to have more players.
    Last edited by Izuna; Aug 4, 2010 at 11:44 PM.
    Vanguard Race Guide ~ Japanese DLC In All Regions
    Announcement from SEGA: There are minor delays on ships 1~10 due to a signal failure. All other lines are running a good service.

why's that?
    Reality hits like a baseball bat, duck-taped to a bus thats moving very fast!
    Japanese body pillows - Why not go the next mile and buy a blow up doll?
    Old people, they may look friendly but can you really trust them?
    Light-Blessed Crusader's Divine Rainbow Hand of Just Righteousness
    http://www.vat19.com/dvds/worlds-largest-gummy-bear.cfm

Quote Originally Posted by kongajinken View Post
    why's that?
    Given how far we are in the Generation, The Old Republic, Guild Wars 2, whatever, Phantasy Star Portable 2 will never compete with the Western developed RPGs in this country. Not to mention, it is on the console with the most software piracy in history, more than the Dreamcast.
    Vanguard Race Guide ~ Japanese DLC In All Regions
    Announcement from SEGA: There are minor delays on ships 1~10 due to a signal failure. All other lines are running a good service.

Well they can count on my purchase then. If it's available on PSN, I may buy one copy for my private collection, and still buy the PSN version too for convenience. I will enjoy the few weeks/months we will have there without any cheaters/hackers. It will be a true paradise to play for a while without any worries.

I found that stupid to see people want to bring harm to the Phantasy Star franchise when they could, you know, help it by BUYING IT. At least Sega can count on my 2 potential purchase (and a sure one with the physical copy).

Quote Originally Posted by Drac_Mazoku View Post
    I will enjoy the few weeks/months we will have there without any cheaters/hackers. It will be a true paradise to play for a while without any worries.
    You sound scared LOL
    Have hackers/cheaters been that destructive in previous PS games???
    PSPo2 Characters:
    Re-l Mayer (lv 95 RAnewarl) || Hiyori (lv 100 VAbearl)
    Vincent Law (lv 99 HUmar) || Daedalus (lv 92 FOnewar)
    Dante Alighieri (lv 102 VAcast) || Eris (lv 90 RAcaseal)

Thumbs down

"you sound scared"..."YOU SOUND LIKE AN IDIOT!"
    People who play by legit means and who purchase the game the legal way are why this series is still around. Cheaters and hackers are fine by me ON THEIR OWN SERVERS, but I don't want them flooding my game. Meseta & rares become devalued etc, etc.
    CFW is mostly frowned upon here. I understand not everyone can afford tons of games, but piracy is still technically illegal no matter where you're from.

r00tabaga thanks for the support. I can do it on my own though

Yes, hackers have been destroying my fun ever since PSO, which is why I mostly tend to play solo all the time.

I am scared though? I don't see your point? I'm just happy that hackers will be at least away from the game in the first few months, enough so that I can enjoy the online experience to its fullest before it is being destroyed. Once duped items and LV200 with maxed attack power with 100% element weapons star roaming everywhere, killing everything in sight before I can even move, this is when the game will stop being fun, and when I'll take my leave from the online experience. To me, if you want to cheat, do it so alone, without disturbing the gameplay of others.

BUT anyway, people who claim that they will hack the game instead of buying it, saying that there's no use in buying it because it will fail are indeed the ones who will bring doom to this wonderful series. IF there's no money to be made, no reason to continue making games, and if there's no game to hack, no one can play, legit or hacking players. Overall, everyone lose

Moral of the story:

Buy the game, and if you hack, do it when you play solo, and play legit online.

The end.
    Last edited by Drac_Mazoku; Aug 5, 2010 at 12:16 PM.