Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Magashi Eradication strategies

I really wanna get a thread going about this, as it's the most awesome mission in the game (dunno about Extra much). I'm gonna be spending some more time trying to power-level with this, so I might as well get some more ideas about what works well.

General info:
    Level: 50~175 (always your level +10)
    Evaluation: monster level (meaning you can only get S-rank at L165 -- at L175 you get to fight SEED-Helga too)
    Where to find: Single mode, Extra missions, Crad-6, マガシ抹殺計画
    How to unlock: Finish side story 2 (Crimson Demon, 紅の戦鬼), then Crad-6 free mission Bladed Legacy (穿つ双剣の遺産).
    Additional requirements: 5 of the basic Magic Stones (Heartkey, Bloody Moon, Iritista and Phantom Night, all start with 魔石, found anywhere, roughly divided by planet, actually by area)

General recommendations:
    Class: any can work, but the Japanese would generally recommend Braver for Ex Traps
    Abilities: Half Defense, Exp Boost, Wild Blast, Recovery Item Boost, Burst Bomber or Full Charge Shot or tech speed boosts (depending on your class)

Videos (NicoNico, requires an account):
    * Twin Claws (pretty risky)
    * Twin Handguns (camping the borders >_>)
    * Nos Zonde (laming from afar -_-)

Personally I'm using a HUcaseal with:
    - Crossbows (Cupo Mamba) with power bullet and 2nd stage charge for the Navals/Galdeens (keep circling counter-clockwise while charging to avoid getting hit);
    - Knuckles (Gudda Hon) with Bogga Zubba for Drua Gohra, Delp Slami, Zoona (no PA), Bil De Vear, Carriguine and Magashi. Bogga Ranpa, Dus Skadd and Blade Destruction allegedly work well too.
    - Papillon Dance/Ciel (Resta boost) with L10 Resta (faster than 11+) to go with the Crossbows, separate TCSM/Wand combination for buffs/debuffs (although I rarely use the latter).

How about you guys?
    Also, I'm considering switching to RA for 21+ bullets, but do they have any good way to deal with big monsters to make up for the weaker Zubba? :/
    Last edited by Tycho; Feb 5, 2010 at 01:35 PM.

Cast Hunter, exp boost, wild blast + Cluster SUV, escape save
    Lightning spear, lightning knuckles, light knuckles, ice knuckles (Dus Scad and Bogga Rampa only). Light rifle

Naval Rudda: Run to a wall, let them all come to you, use unchained dus scad, should be killing all 3-4 with the first two combos, move your char around to use the 3rd part to kill the new spawns and repeat.

Slime: whatever

Drua Gora: Unchained Bogga Rampa to knock them down, if it doesn't knock them down because they're in their animation dodge out of the way and try again. Once you have one knocked down, Knuckle Normal > Rampa > Rampa, dead.

The room with the dark snails, name escapes me: kill Navals until two snails are up. Use cluster SUV to kill the 3rd naval, the two snails up, and the third snail as he pops after the naval. If there's a boosted one, finish with light rifle.

Zune: Rush the leader, Knuckle Normal > Rampa it's dead. Finish the rest off with standard 3 hit normal attack combo

Jusnagun: Same as Drua Gora, but use Rampa when it's near a wall since the first hit pushes them back a bit.

Vanda and Galdeen: Run behind the Vanda Emperor, Rampa > Rampa before it can Diga. Ignore all Galdeen so you don't get blindsided by a new spawn using their spinning charge, which can knock you into a Diga. Kill Vanda 1by1 with Knuckle Normal > Rampa. Approach from head on and circle around when they commit to attack. SUV when the last two buffed Vanda Spawn. Pick a corner, wait for all current Galdeen spawns to walk or spin their way to you and kill them as they go.

Bil de Bear: Knuckle Normal > Rampa > Rampa it's dead right before it spins, move two feet to the right as the second bear lands and repeat.

Carriguines: Knuckle Normal > Rampa > Rampa if you have good knuckles, otherwise Normal > Rampa > Block repeat.

Last room: Spawn the enemies, then run back to the opposite ledge and snipe. Just kidding, don't be a pussy. Kill one bear, then the carriguines as they pop, then the buffed bear + the other bear, then the last carriguine. Bears don't attack frequently so dealing with Carriguine + bear is more convenient then Double Carriguine.

Magashi: Hold forward as it loads so you're in his face asap, Knuckle Normal > Rampa > Rampa win.

Helga: Clear the debuff she starts then wait to see what she does. Sidestep the Megid when she jumps, dodge roll away from the dirt on the ground when she sticks her hair in the ground. Wait for her to charge you, sidestep around, Knuckle Normal > Rampa > Rampa. Repeat as necessarry, around 20k HP.

Vanda Olga/ Domo-kun / Dark beast charge block: shitty loot yo, go beat up the bears and carriguines.

Usually around 18 minutes to clear, the 9 monomates found in the mission insure that I rarely end up buying more then like 2 monomates after a run.

there are actually two different last rooms.(you need to get the key in a crate which is in the right room after clearing the vanda and galdeen.
    that room, all monsters can be taken down by a rifle without getting damaged.

Because this mission is for exp, I think that EXP+ ability during this mission is very good.

So my ability is same as Ceresa, wild blast (to kill risky enemy), PP escape and EXP boost.

as a braver, I can use ex-traps to kill big enemy too, so you only need to kill big enemy around the half of the stage by yourself.

"ARIKAー戦隊, 参上!!" (click it!)
    Arika     @US server | Arika-chan @JP server

Using some details from a blog I figured out the exact distribution of Magic Stones, woo. Looks like boxes aren't worth checking for them btw. Anyone know if they drop any more often in C or S?

i see more drop on S then C

Digging this back up, because I wanna hear more opinions about farming the Magic Stones. As anyone else, I'm really short on Phantom Nights -- though now I understand this is normal since half the Crad-6 missions count as Parum/Neudaiz instead drop-wise. This is what I've figured so far in terms of combining Magic Stone farming in a useful way:

Heart Key: Story 8-2 (points), Egg Thieves (points)
    Iritista: The Big Push (極幻の大攻勢, no walking), White Beast, Ancient Aggressor (Anastasis)
    Bloody Moon: Magashi Eradication itself (exp), Maximum Attack (tickets)
    Phantom Night: Black Rhapsody (漆黒の狂想曲, corridor + room at the end), Forest DL mission, rare PSO missions

I think I've seen people hunt Phantom Night in Fourth Seal as well, but I haven't checked why yet. I'm kinda looking for other useful missions that give P.Night. In lack thereof I'd like some alternative like Scarred Planet / Lightning Beasts with many small monsters and little walking, but I haven't figured out which Crad-6 missions would be like that yet. :/

Any ideas?

e: added suggestions, doesn't look as bad anymore!
    Last edited by Tycho; Feb 5, 2010 at 11:49 PM.

My biggest issue are Phantom Night Stones. All Hive areas, Rykros areas, and Linear Line areas drop these. Also PSO areas drop these as well. Here's how to get roughly 100 in 2 hours.

3rd party mission in multimode on C-rank. There are around 20 pannons in the 1st hallway and 15 monsters at the end room. Takes about 60 seconds to clear both rooms. Yes it's boring, but given enough of the other stones, this is worth it for leveling up as fast as possible.

I get plenty of Irista's by spamming White Beast as my off classes (currently Braver 13) for MP and rares. You can spam the Anastasis mission as well, but there are very few monsters in that mission so you only get on average 2 per run. White Beast yields about 4-5 per run in half the time.

Heart Keys are easy to get as well. Many of the Clad 6 missions (Seed Express, Electronic Brain(?), AMF HQ, and others) all drop them.

Bloody Moon: You get more from the Magashi Mission than you use on the Magashi Mission (currently at 500+).
    Last edited by Deragonite; Feb 5, 2010 at 07:10 PM.

Thanks! Just tried it, and it seems great; guess I'll use this for unsealing too! Just got exp boost on my alt again today, so my character's gonna be very happy with this. ;D

any strategy or hints or help for a lvl 80 Beast here's my class lvls

hu-11 ra-2 fo-1 br-7

I can clear the first 4 rooms, the fourth being after the hallway that you need to clear the 2 teleported rooms to get through. By the time I'm at the fifth room I'm either nearly out of healing items and traps, or I'm completely out. I dodge, dip, duck, dive and dodge... and guard, as much as I can. I probably could stack more accuracy since I miss a lot, but I stack more defense and uh... magic def (don't keep up well or read japanese) to try and die less. I need help this mission is pissing me off... because it's so awesome but makes my dual wielding, dodging, awesome, shield wielding, beast look like a little anorexic legless girl fighting a brick wall with her face.
    [Previously known as Kevino]

Get your self together, let the light pour in.

You can be like my big brother and order me around and I can disappoint you all the time :3