Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post How natural HP/PP regen for casts and newmans works

This is to help people understand how PSZ's "rounding up" for determining cast/newman HP/PP regen works for getting the next tick and planning out their material usage. Below is the concluded info is the data gathered to come up with these tips scroll down if you want to see the #'s.

"Rules of the Road" PP/HP regen:

1. Your total HP/PP determines at what decimal point (take your total and multiply it by 1% for walking and 5% for standing) the game rounds you up to the next number for a "tick" increase.

2. The ranges of the decimal values for different totals of HP/PP so far gathered are:

For walking:
    @100-200 = every .57
    @400-500 = every .61
    @800-900 = every .71

For standing:
    @100-200 = every .55
    @400-500 = every .65
    @800-900 = every .70

3. Just a common sense reminder your walking regen will only increase by 1 every 100 hp/pp (i.e 200-300) and your standing regen will increase by 1, 5 times every 100 hp/pp.

Example of using this info:
    Say you want to build a HUcaseal and are planning her mats but you'd like that little extra boost to HP to reach that next tick to conserve on mates a tad. HUcaseal's HP at 100 is 853 so your walking regen would be 8.53 rounded down to 8 for the way the game works. The next increment to increase your walking HP regen is 871/872 for a regen of 8.71 or 9 because you've reached the decimal value required for the next regen increase. So in order to get to that amount of HP you would need to use 9 HP mats, or just use 10 cause its a prettier number!

The #'s posts
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Quote Originally Posted by Tizerak View Post
    So I went about trying to understand how the natural HP regen for casts ( and I assume newman's PP regen as well ) and did a little experiment just now.

Went out let crap beat up on me and was testing moving HP regen. My starting HP was 898 (yea yea I used HP materials sue me) and regened 9/tick. Popped a reset materal and used 1 HP material increments to test from there.

in parentheses is what the regen should be as an absolute #

For walking:
    858 HP = 8 (8.58 )
    870 HP = 8 (8.7)
    872 HP = 9 (8.72)

For Standing:
    872 HP = 43 (43.6)
    874 HP = 44 (43.7)
    894 HP = 45 (44.7)

In the words of one of my good friends, "What the hell ***balls?"

So according to this.... for walking, if the decimal value is >= .71 (or .72) it rounds up to the next whole # for a tick but .7 or under it rounds down, and for standing if the decimal value is >= .7 you get the rounded up increase but if its < .7 it rounds down.

Now that's just weird.

Bleh!
    Well my next test would be to try on one of my lower hp/pp characters or make a new one and try, unfortunately only character slots, and 2 I won't delete the 3rd I can mess with, but the last 2 slots are newmans, I might try the PP regen on the 55 newearl vs the lvl 1 newm,

If anything because I wonder if:
    1. Those decimal values for an increase change based on how much total hp/pp you have.
    2. The values are different when tested on PP/newmans.

It wouldn't have been so weird if the increase for walking/standing both happened at .7 but since so far its .71 for walking and .7 for standing I need to do further testing.

I'm mainly doing this to figure out material use for character planning if you want the next regen step at lvl 100.
    ok level 1 newm, starting PP 97 for walking of 1 and standing of 5.

For walking:
    97 = 1 (.97)
    157 = 2 (1.57)

For standing:
    157 = 8 (7.85)
    171 = 9 (8.55)

OK so DEFINATELY your TOTAL HP / PP affect the decimal value that determines when the game decides to round up and kick you up to the next whole # value.
    Last edited by Tizerak; Jan 31, 2010 at 08:36 AM.

Thats intresting, because while im walking around with 462 PP, i regen 5pp/5 seconds, and 23pp/5 seconds while resting.

I've always thought that it would round up, if the number is .6 or more, Because before i leveled i had 458PP and only regened 4pp/5 seconds while walking around.

Rested regen is 5%total/5 seconds
    Pso2 - Ship2: Proud manager of team Celestial
    Quote Originally Posted by Azure Falcon View Post
    Loading tunnels have gone from 10-15 seconds down to 2-3 seconds and the normal lobby stuttering mess is buttery smooth currently.
    This must be some kind of glitch, I refuse to believe Sega have finally fixed this game's horrible performance problems.

Whats also weird is that with newmans, it starts off at like .5 per tick, but later on you need .6 it's so weird >< At 150 PP my FOney was getting 2 while walking. Later on FOneys need X59 or something for an extra PP. It's such an illogical system .___.
    I bet they made it this way just to confuse us.

Well my next test would be to try on one of my lower hp/pp characters or make a new one and try, unfortunately only character slots, and 2 I won't delete the 3rd I can mess with, but the last 2 slots are newmans, I might try the PP regen on the 55 newearl vs the lvl 1 newm,

If anything because I wonder if:
    1. Those decimal values for an increase change based on how much total hp/pp you have.
    2. The values are different when tested on PP/newmans.

It wouldn't have been so weird if the increase for walking/standing both happened at .7 but since so far its .71 for walking and .7 for standing I need to do further testing.

I'm mainly doing this to figure out material use for character planning if you want the next regen step at lvl 100.

Tiz stop crunching so many numbers ><

That would be very helpful. Let me know when you figure it out please.

Ok new data using 55 FOnewearl on PP regen. Starting PP 451 for a Walking regen of 4 and a standing regen of 22.

For walking:
    451 = 4 (4.51)
    461 = 5 (4.61)

For standing:
    451 = 22 (22.55)
    453 = 23 (22.65)
    473 = 24 (23.65)

So for her the increase for walking is the .61 and for walking is at the .65
    Now this kinda leans me to believe the decimal value is different based on how much total PP/HP you have, ok let me go test on the lvl 1 newm. MORE data soon!

Quote Originally Posted by Elly_Belly574 View Post
    Tiz stop crunching so many numbers ><
    I LOVE THE NUMBERS!!!! 3457465983489######

but I hate math go figure.

I've just started a FOnewm (leveling it now) so i'd be taking numbers on level/pp regen/total pp and all if that would help?

EDIT:
    Lv3, 115pp, 1pp/5seconds walking (1.15), 6pp/5seconds resting (5.75)
    Lv4, 124pp, 1pp/5seconds walking (1.24), 6pp/5seconds resting (6.20)

So far nothing appears wrong, although that could be proven when i hit lv5
    Last edited by Dnd; Jan 19, 2010 at 10:45 PM.
    Pso2 - Ship2: Proud manager of team Celestial
    Quote Originally Posted by Azure Falcon View Post
    Loading tunnels have gone from 10-15 seconds down to 2-3 seconds and the normal lobby stuttering mess is buttery smooth currently.
    This must be some kind of glitch, I refuse to believe Sega have finally fixed this game's horrible performance problems.

ok level 1 newm, starting PP 97 for walking of 1 and standing of 5.

For walking:
    97 = 1 (.97)
    157 = 2 (1.57)

For standing:
    157 = 8 (7.85)
    171 = 9 (8.55)

OK so DEFINATELY your TOTAL HP / PP affect the decimal value that determines when the game decides to round up and kick you up to the next whole # value.

I want to do 1 more mini test on my cast for standing real quick.