Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Once & forever Protranser Gunslinger-08's Avatar

Default Clarification: No sub needed for "free play" period.

Credit goes to Micro for posting the link, but I figured that in the chaos of all of this, some people might have missed his post in the thread announcing the shutdown, so at the possible risk of being burned or maimed, I'm just going to repost it in a seperate thread, since I'm sure there are some users who won't backtrack into the thread to find this important little tidbit of information.

http://forums.sega.com/showthread.php?t=310267

Administrator

Hello GUARDIANS ----

I want to clarify the free play issue for PC/PS2 servers. The Free Play will apply to *anyone* who has had a valid account during PSU -- you do not need to make a purchase now if you were previously subscribed, and do not . Anyone who was banned from the servers will remain banned; those accounts will not be able to log in during free play.

I have told a few of you differently over PM (saying that you had to make an active purchase by the 29th) and that was my mistake. I think I have already let everyone know that this was a mistake, but if I haven't and you have already subscribed in the past several hours because of what I told you, do let me know and I can reverse those charges. This should only apply to 1 or 2 of you, but let me know via PM if there's any issue!
    Last edited by Gunslinger-08; Jan 22, 2010 at 06:12 AM.

Ship 2 - Gatz

Curiously attractive for a fish man Zorafim's Avatar

Just because I'm a fan of clarification, I'm going to ask. What he means is, "If you have any character or account that exists in our servers, you will not require a payment to use them." Is this right? If so, this is a lovely parting gift from Sega. I was going to subscribe anyway to say my peace, but it looks like I don't even need to go that far.

Yeah, the wording for this was very odd, but I'm glad it has been clarified. Now to just reinstall the game...

Curiously attractive for a fish man Zorafim's Avatar

Fuu, that's right. I'm not even sure if I have it installed or not.

I PM'd him. I had just bought a new license yesterday thinking I needed to in order to play.

Quote Originally Posted by Cranberry View Post
    I PM'd him. I had just bought a new license yesterday thinking I needed to in order to play.
    I purchased one literally 12 hours before the announcement. We should both be credited.

Once & forever Protranser Gunslinger-08's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zorafim View Post
    Just because I'm a fan of clarification, I'm going to ask. What he means is, "If you have any character or account that exists in our servers, you will not require a payment to use them." Is this right? If so, this is a lovely parting gift from Sega. I was going to subscribe anyway to say my peace, but it looks like I don't even need to go that far.
    I'm 95% sure that's what Edward is saying.

Quote Originally Posted by Artea View Post
    I purchased one literally 12 hours before the announcement. We should both be credited.
    PM him, and it should get taken care of.

Ship 2 - Gatz

so is authentication down already or does it start the 29th?
    anyone tried logging in with an inactive account yet? I need to reinstall later today if it's down.

Well that's nice. I was just about to reactivate the account I had back in March, but I guess I don't have to pay, just wait until the free period starts. Now just to remember my ID and password.