Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default rangers how did you defeat Yuto at the end of story mission 2:1?

As the subject says, looking for other rangers' advice on how to defeat that little kid with the spear at the end of story mission 2:1.

He seems to fixate on me. I don't even have to hit him for him to be coming at me with blood in his eyes.

Easy...go for chains then Charge shots. Rinse and repeat...not that hard really.
    Oh and Dodge/Just Guard...

Try using twin pistols, or just a gun that will allow you to shoot and move at the same time. Also as Ashley said, charge shots and chains are your friend.

"Blade" M Beast Fighmaster of "Ten Star V" from Xbox 360 PSU.

http://www.youtube.com/user/xBladeM6x

If you have problem with this guy, you might have much more problem with the another one on 10-2.

"ARIKAー戦隊, 参上!!" (click it!)
    Arika     @US server | Arika-chan @JP server

okay, Yuto is now officially "the little spear tard".

Run like a bitch! If your patient, you can just circle, dodge, block, take a few cheap shots when you can, and let the npcs take him down.
    ^ ^....~

Quote Originally Posted by Arika View Post
    If you have problem with this guy, you might have much more problem with the another one on 10-2.
    Honestly, I had more of an issue with the 2-1 boss as Ranger than the 10-2 boss as Force. This is mainly because the Shizuru clones don't constantly ram you, don't completely ignore NPCs, and aren't invincible in front. Plus, at that point, Ranger has access to EX burn traps so you can take out a lot of their HP really fast.

The main tip that I didn't hear is "don't attack it from in front." But I'll assume you already figured that out since every hit to his rocky face does zero.

EDIT:

Got mixed up with 2-1 and 2-2. My mistake...
    Last edited by Pillan; Jan 24, 2010 at 03:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycho View Post
    okay, Yuto is now officially "the little spear tard".
    I second this notion.
    "Blade" M Beast Fighmaster of "Ten Star V" from Xbox 360 PSU.

http://www.youtube.com/user/xBladeM6x

Quote Originally Posted by Pillan View Post
    Honestly, I had more of an issue with the 2-1 boss as Ranger than the 10-2 boss as Force. This is mainly because the Shizuru clones don't constantly ram you, don't completely ignore NPCs, and aren't invincible in front. Plus, at that point, Ranger has access to EX burn traps so you can take out a lot of their HP really fast.

The main tip that I didn't hear is "don't attack it from in front." But I'll assume you already figured that out since every hit to his rocky face does zero.

EDIT:

Got mixed up with 2-1 and 2-2. My mistake...
    The 2-1 boss was super easy for my hunter. I finally got past it on my ranger just because I got better at staying sort of a sweet distance from him. I might be imagining it but it seems like he charges me more often if I'm farther away.

That 2-2 boss was nasty, even for my beast hunter. It's kind of hard to hit something not in the face when all it does is face you and only you.
    But there's this place where the ground kind of hooks off into a little peninsula. I got frustrated and went there, got him stuck on the other side and let lame magic girl finish him off from behind.
    Wrecks your mission time though since she does such poor damage... she stinks at healing too. Why is she even along on the mission? -.-

EDIT-you bring up a good point about the 2-2 bosses... how DOES one dispatch that sort of monster? You have to fight two at the end of one of the moatoob free missions. I keep getting to the end of that mission only to be slaughtered by them as they double team me.
    Last edited by Lyra; Jan 25, 2010 at 02:59 AM.