Page 1 of 9 1234 ... LastLast

Default Speculation on Guardians Cash for 360

Considering Edward said SOA was trying to get more frequent updates on the 360, I was wondering how they would execute the GC system?

Wasn't it an unpopular update in JP servers? I assume it would practically wipe out half the 360 population to a point where 360 servers mimic PS2/PC servers, ultimately leading to a 360 server shutdown.

Or, wouldnt it be funny if the GC system is free on 360? Of course this would probably piss off JP players, but this is really the only thing that makes sense if they want to keep their 360 playerbase.

PSO Assassin

they should use meseta for GC stuff.. like, let's say 20 mil meseta to run 1 GC mission xD
    this way it would still be hard to do, and stuff would soon lower in prices cause there won't be enough money to buy an item for a stack ;P

well, either this, or they could make the game free to play and only charge players for GC stuff (probably won't happen)

or they just do it the same way as in japan, even though it's pretty ridiculous.. it's Sega, after all..
    my main-chars:
    PSOI&II: Ark (FOmar), Tira2nd^-^' (HUnewearl)
    PSO III: DuRaL (RAarkz)
    PSZ: ありさ~♪ツ (HUmarl), みずギー☆ (FOnewearl)
    PSU360: Ark' (Beast F), ChangPo! (Cast F)

i doubt it would be free as the weapon upgrades alone will will be really popular (for the people who dont care about making money to buy weapons, rather make/find them)

im really hoping GC comes and soon as i NEEEEEEEEEED a set of diska and some l&K combats, along with all the other goodies you can get with both the supp update and GC

meseta will be a silly idea as it will make the already ridiculously capitalist system even worse!
    XBOX360 GT: B2 BASSMAN
    FROBOT in disguise: cast forte/master gunner transer thighmaster
    Jaguar: acro fighter/FIgunner
    Dharlethi: fortetecher
    Fuzzy Peach: fortefighter

Well its something theyve had a while to work out. All the transactions would be considered micro transactions and they would have to work that out with xbox live and microsoft. PS2, has there own billing site and it is handled by Sega. So its either not going to happen for us, I would like to see them just pay a certain amount of messeta to fix your weapon or however it works with actual money over there. My guess is micro transactions handled by microsoft.

Well if they did use meseta for GC, we'd have a way to get all this excess meseta out of our economy, which could be a good thing. But using meseta instead of real cash would require someone editing and changing the update which I highly doubt will happen.
    I do not prefer snakes

Well I'll begin with my opinion of it. I hate the idea of GC because of a few reasons:
    -Your gear (Unless changed) is what makes up the market. So people will literally be buying meseta by using upgrade GC and selling those items. Which can get you banned currently.
    -We have to pay for gear that we already paid for. GC is just content they could have delivered for free that we are having to pay extra to obtain.
    -To have the best gear in the game you have to spend extra money outside the download of AOTI and buying the disc and the endless monthly payments.

*If GC were account bound, the gear was also obtainable outside of GC, and there were some kind of meseta exchange (As said above) I might be on board with it.

Now back to the question, my assumption is that SEGA will have to somehow give Microsoft a cut to get GC to 360. Which my guess would make the current GC things more expensive as to make both groups achieve profit. Which makes me mad because from what I understand it's already pretty damn expensive in Japan.

One way Microsoft could make money off GC is if players could purchase GC only with MS points.
    Xbox 360 - Prototype 07 Cast M AT Lv 180
    JP PSU -Proto Human M GT Lv 70

http://forums.sega.com/showthread.ph...07#post5493707

Right from the horses mouth so to speak. Don't hold your breath on it basically.
    "It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring."
    Carl Sagan

There probably is a poll on who will quit if they do GC. My guess is based on conversations in the game is that 50-70% of players will quit and cancel their accounts. I would not play with anyone with GC stats on their weapons. So go ahead and do GC. I just hope everyone buying it realizes the game would be dead. All of that real money spent to upgrade an in game item would be history when SEGA closes the servers because not enough accounts are active.

Happy upgrading!!
    Last edited by Professor Xavier; Jan 26, 2010 at 10:24 PM.

Default My rant

Ok i played on the jp before any of this server shut down bs started and i found it gave psu a revivel even tho you need to spend money for gc it is fun and it gives you a kind of exitment when you find that wep you want after 5 dollars of hunting lol now i bearly hit 120 on the jp severs and gc is barly the scab of what you could do like more powerful stuff it exclusive trade like demolition comet( stac double saber, heart of devil,fluge,magic rock irisita) and Cadues(photon fluge,Okarod) so yah gc would be fun on xbox if it used "money" no ms points or meseta lol
    so yah for bettter or worse it would only help not hurt........
    Check out my channel:XbikXBd
    X360/JP
    Bd 180 Beast/ グリード Beast 180
    BD 180 Cast/Elie Neuman 108
    Elie 180 Neuman/ランファン Human
    Escalus 180 Human/Aigis Cast 111