Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Anyone willing to RISK their LIFE for it?

Yes I know, odd title but its creative. Are Life or Risk even worth using? Yes I know they both hurt you but im pretty sure they offer a better damage output then celeb. Im asking because what if somebody gets a really nice rare but it has one of the two, still worth using?

Discuss

Well, I don't see why not... I don't usually bring meseta with me into instances. That, and the higher levels of the elements use a lower percentage of health. I think the same goes with Celeb?

I could see life being useful on a long range weapon for busting up Rohjades and Rohcrystas. But only if you have resta available, otherwise I don't see it to be a practical option, especially in the tower. As for risk, the random activation can really screw you over if it goes off when you don't want it to and get killed as a result. (at least I'm pretty sure life has 100% activation and risk doesn't) Regardless, I won't ever be using them, celeb included. Never been a fan of sacrificial specials.

AKA Sapphire of Chaos Chaos Rappy's Avatar

Celeb is a 10% damage increase (note: DAMAGE increase, not attack increase) per every element level. Life and Risk are 50% damage increases no matter what level it is, but you lose less HP when you attack with them (Risk when it procs). Celeb only costs 20 meseta +10 added per its element level (30 meseta at Lv1, to 70 meseta at level 5).

Celeb has, overall, the best to gain with the smallest to lose. I tried using a Life Lv5 Zero Rifle with Flame Hit, and I ended up dying before I even finish a single room because of an enemy attacking me when I was hitting a ton of enemies at once with Flame Hit. And that was Life LEVEL 5, meaning the smallest HP-loss, whereas even with Celeb Lv5, I still end up making money at the end of every stage because of how much you can get with the items you sell just by killing enemies.
    Quote Originally Posted by Broken_L_button View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaos Rappy View Post
    I've been a statistical exception as far as anything has proven to me.
    That's an understatement...
    ~Keeper of 1000 Rappy Souls~
    TSV's: X - 0401, Y - 0845, AS - 1277

Lol.
    At level 5 celeb will do the same amount of damage, but I realize most weapons can't reach 5 without an element boost, or even at all.
    I think celeb is still more effective, because of how valuble hp is. For CASTs Risk/Life is just ludicrous. They have no way to even really heal the damage effectively. For forces it's deadly because of their extremely low def/hp to begin with. The only way I could see it being effective is with HUnewm/newearls, HUmar/l, RAcast/caseal (maybe). For the CAST rangers it's even iffy because they'd have to stay in the back and not get hit to avoid wasting hp items. In most situations the life drain is just too much of a sacrifice. Losing meseta per hit isn't much of a penalty, especially considering you still have a positive meseta gain, and meseta is almost useless. HP however allows you to do tons of stuff in the game. Hunt weapons, level up, have fun xD Unless you find dying fun I guess....

Anyway at level 5 celeb is better obviously. At level 4 an element boost can get it to 5. At 3 which is the lowest maximum for elements, it's just not efficient because of the valuble sacrifice you'd have to make. Perhaps HUmar/l's could make good use of life though assuming they have a tank to protect them.

Anyway that's my outtake. I haven't tried Risk or Life so feel free to experiment. I'm just guessing.
    Last edited by Kirukia; Feb 18, 2010 at 10:30 PM.
    PSO2:
    Kirukia/Mistral
    Ship 2
    Gun Valkyrie

my ramarl and racaseal are playing with life4 mechguns. with an element boost.
    makes the game more interesting. the ramarl can just resta if needed. the racaseal, not so much. a hp regen unit is recomended and it keeps you on your toes. the damage output is nice. but dont get hit. some bosses are a little tricky with this setup but it is thrilling to use- if you dont mind the threat of putting youtself in harms way.

i recomend trying the build. life+mechgun+hp recover unit+element boost. maybe a hit mag...mechguns can miss even with a ra.
    always proc's and im not sure yet if you can kill yourself via the life drain. it uses a proportion of your remaining life and ive always cleared a room before i got down to 1 hp.

I tried a life handgun with Flame Hit once... That was pretty damn scary... I bet it would turn out the same way with Quick Draw (though it's better for inflicting status effects than damage).

Risk, on the otherhand, isn't so scary. It's nice when it activates, and even nicer when making critical hits.
    PM to let me know of friendcode exchange~

-=PS0 Characters=-
    Shirlie (RAmarl)
    Spec (FOnewearl)
    Fio (HUnewearl)

So then, Life is always on, while Risk takes into account the weapon proc rates?

Now, silly question, but I've never used Celeb, so I don't know...is that always on, or is a proc?

Quote Originally Posted by Arcanas View Post
    So then, Life is always on, while Risk takes into account the weapon proc rates?

Now, silly question, but I've never used Celeb, so I don't know...is that always on, or is a proc?
    It is always on.

FC: Devange 0303 0363 1035

Very interesting...very...now I just need to get out of the habit of depositing my meseta at the end of every run...