View Poll Results: Which Edel weapon did you pick?

Voters
41. You may not vote on this poll
  • Edel Arrow

14 34.15%
  • Edel Fucil

12 29.27%
  • Ely Sion

15 36.59%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Definitely Edel Arrow. If i had gunner I'd go Fucil but i like Longbows. Ely Sion looks cool but there's no point withit being 35% only...get a higher % svaltus / kan yu grinded up a bit or even an ok repca and there you go, but thats just me

erm all these comments about better swords just because of element, no sword until soul banish even comes close for atp.

and with GC you will be to boost it to 40% and switch the element, BUT you will only have one obvioulsy.
    XBOX360 GT: B2 BASSMAN
    FROBOT in disguise: cast forte/master gunner transer thighmaster
    Jaguar: acro fighter/FIgunner
    Dharlethi: fortetecher
    Fuzzy Peach: fortefighter

Ima go for the sword. More classes can use S-rank swords than s-rank bows, sure the bow may be cool but like you said with GC this sword will be pretty tight. I actually think it looks better than the bow. The bow is akwardly big on all my tiny characters.

to be honest if the vapas shooter was not due for release with the supp update (yes i am hopeful i know) then id say i was getting the bow, but the vapas shooter is soooo sweet on psp that i have to have it on psu!

i just looked at the grind charts, a repca needs 8 or 9 grinds to come close to the ely sion at base 0/10, and the svaltus even 10/10 has almost HALF the ely sions base atp (891 to 1335 0/10). only the beefslayer welldone has better atp (1280 base 1629 10/10)
    aoryu and bloody fluge both come close around the 1400 mark at 10/10

as for the bow the vapas will have better stats overall but will be lagacy of light only

the guns, the bringer rifle will be way better than the fucil at every grind and the arms race GRM rifle is also better than the fucil.

now the only question is can you wait for the supp update and will we get it!

For those of you who haven't seen/heard them in action yet:

got the Fucil because none of my characters can use a bow and i already have a 9/9 repca

also we only get the rifle for the arms race if GRM wins which they probably won't
    "We choose to advance in warfare over civilization,war is all we know and it is all we will ever know" Unknown

i thought the winner got better stats on the weapon but you could get all 3?

but ither way if i did rifles it would be the bringer rifle all the way, im oldskool

Correction to my last post actually there are 3 classes that can use s-rank bows and 3 classes that can use s-rank swords. So its pretty even, unfortuanatly, using an S-rank bow on FT is just....no, I cant think of any circumstance where a bow is better than noszonde, nosdidga, nosmegid. Maybe for looks but otherwise. Sword all the way.

i got the fucil . the sion is 35 percent i was like ehhhh. and the bow would only be use to me if i go to fortetecher and i never use bows personally

i wonder if anybody has broken there edel weapon mines 2/10 its btter then a 10/10 elite by 1 atp im scared to grind it lol
    Last edited by Dragwind; Feb 20, 2010 at 05:22 PM. Reason: merge from double post, please edit your posts
    ....KsE

I look at the stats of these weapons and here is what I come up with.

The Rifle (Edel Fucil):

Acc.: It is a 44.7% increase from the next best rifle (Elite) CALC 297/537*100-100
    PP: It is 20% decrease in PP CALC 1846/1538*100-100
    Att: It is a 13.1% increase in power CALC 850/984 * 100 - 100

The Sword (Ely Sion)
    Acc: It is a 10.08% increase over the Agito Repca (if you count that as the best sword)
    PP: It is a 22.9% increase in overall PP
    Att: It is a 1.4% increase in power

The Bow (Edel Arrow)
    Acc: It is a 42.5% increase over the Nasuyoteri (again subjective to if it is the best bow)
    PP: It is a 4.1% increase over the Nasuyoteri
    Att: It is a 16.55% increase in overall power

That is what I come up with for calculations, I am not going to comment on looks but assuming my math is good, it looks like any one of these weapons is good. Why did I break them down into %s when you can obviously just look at the stats and see which one is better than the best avaliable. Lets just say I did it to compare each weapon to its respective best avaliable counterpart therefor you can basically have an idea if they all break down the same way. As you can see they do not. The Bow has better overall stats than its nearest counterpart, the sword it is up in the air because it only is 35% element which even if you factor in GC and increasing it to 40% it is still just barely better than its nearest counterpart the Agito because a 50% agito would outdamage it does that make up for 22% more PP? i cant answer that, finally the rifle is the only weapon that had a decrease in its stats, well as far as PP is concerned, but overall its Acc and Att %s were good.

Some interesting things I have found though. Even a 1.4% increase in ATP for that sword can actually be pretty big, I mean Gravity break has a 400+x multiplier what that means is even 50atp increase with a sword will multiply into a 200atp difference which I have not done the calculation for but basically all that means is that you will hit harder. It still is a 1.4% difference though. Doesnt seem like a whole lot but some people like seeing as much damage as possible. Also I have not checked on variances on these weapons if someone could help me that would be great!

Maybe some of you can do it.

The formula is ( High Damage - Low Damage) and then divide by 5 also do not use zeros, criticals and do not use any PA's that goes for rifles and bows as well take off the PA's This will give you variance for the weapon. Also try to get a large enough pool, like 40 swings with the sword or 40 shots with the rifle and bow, just throw out the criticals and zeros and use the largest and smallest numbers. The PSUpedia list just isnt complete enough and this site doesnt even try to calculate them. lol. Since I cannot get all 3 of these weapons I leave it to someone else, I am sure that they have been calculated though, I just cant find them.
    Last edited by stinkyfish97; Feb 21, 2010 at 10:32 PM.