Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

I favor new-gen games. I still enjoy thinking about old games but I prefer to play new and modern games.
    Nothing is sacred. Not that it ever was.

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE Nitro Vordex's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ronin_Cooper View Post
    I like good games.
    FOCL.

im honestly to broke to afford new gen stuff. I have just about all the best, and hidden gem nes, snes, genesis, playstation1, n64 and arcade games i could ever play on my computer, plus a GC with pso ep12 and ep3. cant really go wrong with that.

id love a ps3, or a wii, but damn, times be tough... gotta muscle through.

if i may, a top 5 classic list:

5. Gradius 3 (snes)
    4. Balljacks (gen)
    3. Mario kart 64 only! <--the best one
    2. Smash bros 64only! <- also the best one
    1. Super Baseball 2020 !!!! (Mame) Battle it out in a futuristic stadium "CYBER EGG" with a team comprised of robots and players upgradeable with armor! you win money to buy upgrade from getting strikes, outs, bases etc.. any play you makes you mad dough. dont forget about the 'Crackers' aka landmines thrown on the field to mix things up a bit.

yea.. i love me some super twen twen :P
    bought pso v1 before i ever had a dreamcast. you know how it is, love at first sight =)

rabarta love.
    http://www.pso-world.com/forums/show...21&postcount=1

What is the cut-off for old school? I'd still say old school, but mostly because of the fond memories I have of those younger years of my life and how games impacted me when innovation was more common..

I also like chicken, because chicken is delicious.

Ghetto lady thinks your froggy's name is Lou McGopher

Been playing a lot of old school lately since my xbox 360 shit the bed for the third f*cking time, gahhhh. Plus my friend just got a mint condition N64 on ebay, meaning Mario Kart, Goldeneye, Smash Bros., and Conker's Bad Fur Day. As soon as I'm able to get my next-gen on again I'm going to get pre-order Splinter Cell Conviction and then finish off my perfect Mass Effect 1 paragon adept so I can move on to Mass Effect 2

EDIT: @ Volcompat

So apparently this is all gameplay footage...if this trailer doesn't convince you to pick up Conviction then I don't think anything will. Looks absolutely amazing...and it BETTER be worth it for all the DELAYS we've been tolerating. I at least want an Xbox live demo to tide me over...
    Last edited by Split; Mar 1, 2010 at 05:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Split View Post
    Been playing a lot of old school lately since my xbox 360 shit the bed for the third f*cking time, gahhhh. Plus my friend just got a mint condition N64 on ebay, meaning Mario Kart, Goldeneye, Smash Bros., and Conker's Bad Fur Day. As soon as I'm able to get my next-gen on again I'm going to get pre-order Splinter Cell Conviction and then finish off my perfect Mass Effect 1 paragon adept so I can move on to Mass Effect 2
    You know...when I get some extra money...I was actually thinking of buying an Xbox(again) JUST for Splinter Cell.

I fucking LOVE that series. Though, I'm still mad they didn't make it for the Ps3 too.

I highly doubt I'll actually go through with buying an Xbox again, because I hate them, but I really want to.
    I'll probably just buy/rent the game and borrow or use my friends Xbox. He hasn't turned it on in at least a year anyway.

Also, I loved Golden Eye and Mario Kart for the 64.

Quote Originally Posted by Randomness View Post
    Yeah... uh... you need to define old/new-school.

That being said, there's games I enjoy for basically every generation from the NES forward.
    If it's fun, I'll play it.
    i'll say it like this if this makes any clearer, Old School: games from 8-bit to 16-bit era.

New School: Today and the year after.

The only time I've seen an Newer Game beat an older one was in the case of Lufia.

Lufia: The Legend Returns was so amazing and much better than Rise of the Sinistrals on SNES and the ending was a sweet one. (My favorite Game Boy Game)

Of course when I compare every other game out there...I find that the older one tends to beat the newer one.

I dont believe PSP2 to be superior to PSU for the reason its just PSU with all the updates, some extra content...and additions, but behind it all anyone buying it has seen the formula and mix before at its base...while Lufia was a new game.
    PSO-2 Info: Ship: 2; ID: セツナヤキ; MCN: ケイリン
    "If you want a bridge between past, present, and future, search for the void and awaken it!"

Depends on how long I can play before I get bored, for me.

I can get bored with older and newer games, but I tend not to get too bored with older ones out of nostalgia. If I'm playing a newer game, then it has to grab me and pull me in in the first few hours, or I'll probably never play it again.

Though some of the post-16-bit era games do have nostalgic feelings with me already. Whether or not that outranks the feelings I have for older games is a different story.

Character ID: 中原小麦

a comfortable place between dreams and reality

Just played some Doom...and it was good.