Smile Stat comparison - DEX > DFP?

I have a level 86 FOnewm, and I've basically invested most materials and mag points to MST. I am starting a HUnewearl however, and I have no experience as to how much high DEX on a mag would really help on ultimate mode. Would the ratio of my character hitting the enemy plus avoiding attacks end up in me surviving longer than if I left my ATA and DEX alone and raised just the DFP so I could take attacks better?
    Thank you!

Most people go with DEX over DEF for most situations (only exceptions I can think of are caster rare mags where they may go 50/0/0/150, or some people make 200 DEF mags for fun). This is because of the difficulty of raising the attributes. DFP has Mats, unlike ATA; DEF also only adds 1 point of DFP where MIND and POW add 2 for their respective stats.

Most people leave DEX around the 40-70 range, DEF at 5 (minimum it starts with), everything else in POW assuming the mag is not meant as a max stat mag.

After re-reading the OP's post more carefully I decided to rewrite my post, as it seemed unnecesarry for the most part. ATA vs DFP:

ATA allows you to his more frequently. Useful.

DFP reduces damage by one point for every five points raised. This means by increasing DFP by 100 points you're only shaving of 10 points of damage.

I would advise using a build in this manner: ATA/ATP/MST raised by MAG, materials and units.

DFP raised by Armor/Shields, which also comes with an EVP boost, as well as materials should you want to include DFP into your chacters build.

If I recall correctly HUnewearls have the 4th highest DFP rating of all the Hunters. Not bad, and it could prove to be smart to utilize it (I sure did, and I'm not regretting it). Raising like this will give you the benefits of raising both ATA and DFP, although you'll hit for less, which isn't a concern for me as I can still take out enemies in one combo or less and have enough DFP to be able to get surrounded and stay alive for longer than two seconds Granted, high DFP also has its drawback (less damage for one, another being that if you get surrounded, you're stuck).
    Last edited by psofan219; Feb 25, 2010 at 08:45 AM.

Ok, thanks guys. I think I'll make another thread with luck now hahaha :P

For a hunewearl in particular you need DEX. Hunewearls have horrible ATA.
    CHARACTERS, All on ult, GC offline, Last updated 1/31/10:
    Me: Yellowboze, HUcast, lvl. 156---Joe: Redria, RAmarl, 142
    GamE n WatcH: Greenill, FOnewm, 133---Pyrofreak: Oran, FOmar, 126
    Sil'fer: Skyly, HUnewearl, 108---Mr. Beeez: Viridia, HUmar, 105
    SGT. Cool: Bluefull, RAcast, 104---The internet: Purplenum, FOmarl, 63

It's not so much that HUnewearls have horrible ATA, it's that they have horrible ATA growth. 199 ATA isn't that bad (1 point behind HUmar), it's the growth that's horrible. 52 points between base and cap at 193 make for a lot of ground to cover.

Defense and evation can best be raised through armor and sheilds. There's no point wasting that on materials and mag stats. They don't make a huge difference in this game anyway so your better raising POW and ATA so you can use that POW and MST for your forces.

]The Ragol Trilogy: Ragol's Gift, Ragol's Curse, Ragol's Legacy GT Xbox One: Eries Fury